Oct 30 2010 7 Night Western

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping you experienced cruisers can walk me through the steps of how you book the extras. It was really fun to watch the posts flying last night around midnight. Some good advice was given to people who got "stuck."

So...on day 75 at midnight I know about logging onto the DCL website. I assume you go through the steps to retrieve the reservation. I do that all the time to see if my 5GTY status has changed to a room number. So I know how to get into my ressie. But what do you click to start booking the extras? Iis there some link that you have to find and click -- is it called "port adventures" or is that something different? And then when you find something you want, do you click it? Do you then confirm it or do you have to wait until you've found everything you want and then confirm everything? I watched the posts around midnight last night and someone was having trouble figuring out how to confirm their ressies. Is it best to confirm things one at a time? If so, each time you confirm something does it mean that you are done so you have to log back on to book something else? And do you have to input your credit card to pay for everything right there and then? Hope these queries make sense.

I had never booked advance reservations before, and just to reiterate what nenner says, go to 'My Cruise Plans' on the left of your reservation page. If you look now, there a section highlighted in red, saying 'sorry online booking is not available until....days out' or something similar. That is the page you want to be on, then keep refreshing until it opens up the booking. The different options are shown ie shore excursions, Palo etc....

Whatever you get, just be sure you actually save the booking each time - it shows as 'unconfirmed' until you physically save it. I didn't realise this for a few minutes! I don't know if the slot is held for you at this time, but saving the itinerary takes a few seconds, so I agree to save after each one.

Palo dinner seemed to have a lot of availability and we weren't fixed on one particular night, so I booked brunch first, then high tea. You don't need any payment information, once you click save, you are done.

I had a lot of trouble with the system freezing, but just hang on in there!
The only thing I would recommend is to have a list of what you are hoping for, and familiarise yourself with the process beforehand. You can see all of the time slots eg for Palo, but only those available will be highlighted, just scroll straight to where you want to go, because it is a little duanting when you haven't seen the page before.

Good luck!!

I put together a DCL online booking tutorial with screen shots and descriptions. I go through the process of booking the Parasailing excursion on Castaway Cay which should help explain what needs to be done. Palo, Spa/Fitness, and Nursery are similar processes.

Let me know if you need me to be more clear on a section.

http://www.jeffreylangdon.com/dcl/book.html

I hope this helps,

Jeff

All I really want is a Palo brunch. Doesn't look like I'll be able to get that at day 75...Shoot! If I pay off now, can I make reservations earlier?

Sadly no :sad2: I am not sure whether they hold some bookings back to the 75 day mark, but I think they do hold some for booking onboard, so if you don't get lucky, you still have that option. Good luck :hug:

All I really want is a Palo brunch. Doesn't look like I'll be able to get that at day 75...Shoot! If I pay off now, can I make reservations earlier?

Just do not give up. If you do not get it your first try then keep checking back at the web site. Then go to the Rockin D once on Board and if they can not get you in ask to be wait listed. Check back the morning of each of the sea days. They is a good chance if you work it they will work you in.

Just do not give up. If you do not get it your first try then keep checking back at the web site. Then go to the Rockin D once on Board and if they can not get you in ask to be wait listed. Check back the morning of each of the sea days. They is a good chance if you work it they will work you in.

Thanks for the tips! I'll cross my fingers we get a space at 75 days. If not, I'll work on getting in once we get there.

I kind of need to hear from everyone who said they were going and see what times we all got. There were too many of us to fit in the private room if all who wanted to book brunch at 11 got in. DCL has us down as wanting the room, but they don't book it until a month before- so I will call and see what they suggest. It may be that we have a bunch at one time and a bunch at another time- so I'll ask what we should do. But I need hear from everyone before I do anything, and I believe a lot of brunch peeps were 1st timers, so would not have even booked yet. Confusing, isn't it! :confused:

I booked a dummy brunch, as I'll refer to it right now. Thursday any time was not open for me at all, so for now I've booked Nov. 1st @ 10:30
I will keep trying to modify it, in hopes the Thursday Opens up, as I only want to do the brunch as a group this time around. :)

I put together a DCL online booking tutorial with screen shots and descriptions. I go through the process of booking the Parasailing excursion on Castaway Cay which should help explain what needs to be done. Palo, Spa/Fitness, and Nursery are similar processes.

Let me know if you need me to be more clear on a section.

http://www.jeffreylangdon.com/dcl/book.html

I hope this helps,

Jeff

Wow. Jeff, this tutorial is really helpful. Now I can visualize what all of the more "seasoned" cruisers are talking about. Thanks so much -- and thanks to all the other people who chimed in too. I love this board and can't wait to meet everyone in less than 90 days!

Beth

Wow. Jeff, this tutorial is really helpful. Now I can visualize what all of the more "seasoned" cruisers are talking about. Thanks so much -- and thanks to all the other people who chimed in too. I love this board and can't wait to meet everyone in less than 90 days!

Beth

Maybe 88 days, if we meet at Sheri's!

Yes -- I hope our paths cross up here first at Sheri's! The girls have morning sports camp all next week so I'm planning on getting my act together while the house is quiet and sort through all the cruise-related bins of stuff (cruise clothes, FE stuff, Disney costumes, etc). I can't remember all that is in those bins since I started throwing things in them back in February when we booked the cruise.:)

**FE UPDATE**

We have added 3 more cabins to our FE Exchange!! Woohoo!!

8044 (4) kgoldenh aka Kate, DH Rex, Addie (12), Stephen (11), Main dining

6507 (3) ginajanae88 aka Gina, Linda, Janae (4), Late dining

6058 (4) podsnel aka Ellen, DH Pods aka Ken, Tyler (13), Timmy (11),
Late dining

Wow! Our group is really expanding! Should be great fun!!

We would love to join the FE exchange:

(cabin not yet assigned) (3) finx aka Nina, Michael and Jordyn (9)

See you all soon,
Nina

I'll guess -- does it start with a "c" and end with an "s"?
I'm lost on this one too. :laughing:
:confused::confused::confused: Is there a smilely that scratches it's head? (pretend these confused smilies have a grin on their faces)
:)

I hosted a Disney Cruise Party last fall and I still have the sign. It's the Fabulous Five in their cruise wear with the ship behind them and it says "Welcome Aboard". I can have it stuck in the ground outside the front door as their final clue.
IMG_1726.jpg

And just in case they don't notice that I can add:
IMG_1725.jpg

And if I really have my act together I can have some of these waiting for the boys, not that my kids would complain. :rotfl:
IMG_1730.jpg

Just let me know :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter