October 2014 Car Rentals.

OttawaDisGirl

Mouseketeer
Hi there! Like most folks, I want to rent an affordable car during my next trip to the World. Who's got a great rate? Share it with me here? I love to see the discount codes people use too!

Currently have a standard through national for Oct 1-11 for $286 using the KLM code. Will be watching this thread.

I have a 1 week rental (Oct 14-21) currently at $221 with all taxes from Dollar. Used the city special rate. I booked it a month ago and haven't seen it any lower since.

Got National $243 for 8 days beginning of October using KLM code. I expect to get lower once they release codes and coupons into October.

Last year in Sept I had a great rental from Thrifty. I signed up for Blue chip member, skipped the counter...no issues with fuel receipts, gave them rest of the case of water unless they wanted us to toss it.

Hope this works out again for the Fall.

What is a KLM code? If I book now do I have to pay upfront? Can you add other discounts later? Which rental place allows you to drop off in disney? We are staying outside Disney for 1 week then going to Disney for 1 week then hoping to use Disney bus to get back to airport.

There are 13 of us driving to WDW in October from Michigan. There will be 7 of us in one van. I rented a van for 10 full days with taxes and unlimited miles and it came out to $488 (from Budget and I have one about 8 miles from my home). I know that sounds like a lot of money, but if you figure how much 7 plane tickets would have cost us (around $1,800) it is very reasonable even with the price of gasoline (about $500). We are splitting the cost between 2 families too! Since we never drive while on property, we were looking at renting 24 hours one way, dropping the van off, then re-renting one for the 24 hours back. It was only $50 cheaper that way. We usually get there in 19-20 hours, but you never know how weather or accidents or construction can put you behind. Just in case we don't make it in 24 hours, we can at least breath easy knowing that the rental will not be late. And, we will have transportation while onsite just in case we need it. I was able to use a special code through my employer and a random discount I found online. I haven't seen anything that good since.

If you have Costco, book through them. They always have great rates. I book/cancel frequently until I get the lowest rate possible, which includes checking on the same date we fly to WDW. Just got a rate for Spring Break for $119.00 from Budget, however that car rental company sucks as the cars are generally dirty and you're assigned the car. I prefer Alamo but sometimes I can't get a good rate based on the dates I travel, which are usually off-peak time or just before/after peak season (NEVER during).

8 days, beginning 10/4:

KLM, standard (full-size)

$232, all taxes & fees

I've got my "benchmark" booked with National, Oct 28 - Nov 2, aisle reservation with "free day" based on prior rentals all in at $203. Now, to see if it will go down. For my Dec 2013 trip I booked the benchmark early and it never went down. I really hate feeling like a pay extra for my own loyalty and will jump ship this trip if National is higher...

No codes here. Booked 10/19-24 mid size at Thrifty using City Special for $268. Kinda rough - I'm hoping to eventually pay about half that. I do like Alamo Insiders or Thrifty Blue Chip so I can skip the counter.

I just reserved through National using the KLM code (I finally got it to work!). Booked a standard October 22 - October 27 for 222 including tax.

I really like that the code adds in the insurance and all that with it. I know I am covered through my insurance (except loss of use) for the rental. But it gives me piece of mind.

Base rates dropped a bit with National. Using the KLM code dropped $10 off the rental.

Thanks! Mine dropped almost exactly $10 too. Let's hope it keeps whittling away as we get closer to October. I like the surprise of what the Emerald Aisle will have, but ultimately the cheapest reservation wins.

Re-Booked mine last night and down from $243 to $222 for 8 days in beginning of October using KLM code.

Last May, we stayed at the Polynesian before we left to our off-property timeshare. My husband walked over the the Shades of Green Resort (8 minute walk form a connected walkway at the front of the Poly). We got a rental car (Camry) for 8 days for $65. The rates were significantly cheaper than the rates with he same rental companies at the Disney Transportation center. Its def worth looking into if staying nearby. We used National; became Emerald members and used a discount code on top of the discounted Emerald Member rate. All thanks to tip we've read on these threads.

Following! Looked up our dates on national with the discount my husband gets through his work it's over $300. With the KLM rate I am getting over $400. Dates are 10/14 - 10/21. Those better come way down.

I used the KLM code and booked through National for October 22 - 27 for 222 with taxes.

Before the KLM code I was getting rates 380+.

I can't get the klm code to work. Does it go in the rate/product code area? The best that I seem to get for a midsized on Emerald Aisle for 0ct 19-25th is $432. It's been at least 5-6 years since we've rented a car because of MDE, but we're going to do 2 nights at WDW for MNSSHP and then move over to HRH for HHN for 4 nights. I would appreciate it if you guys could help me out since I've gotten rusty at the car rental game!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter