**October 2016 Check-in!**

We just got all our tickets and luggage tags in the mail from Disneyland.go today! 17 day's tomorrow and I can't even handle it! Finishing up on our costumes tomorrow and waiting on so much stuff to arrive in the mail for our trip. What a crazy couple of weeks ahead for us with family pictures for the holidays and vacation planning. I love this chaos right now though :jumping1:

Well, looks like my boyfriend and I decided to make a last minute trip to the parks October 12-13. I'm moving to LA from Pennsylvania that week so I figured I'd celebrate the move with some Disney magic :car::tinker:

We were in the parks last August and this past March so I'm starting to feel spoiled, but I didn't want to pass up the chance to see the HM overlay and "drop in" to see my favorite Hollywood Hotel. We're considering getting an AP since we're both so close to the area now, but probably not until after the new year.

I'm so excited to hear about the upcoming visits from you guys!

Hey! So are we! Maybe we'll bump into each other on the elevator or something. DIS members unite! :cool1: lol

Camelot is a good hotel. It's main draw for us is the closeness. Nothing beats staying directly across the street!
Would we be able to surprise our children on Monday at the gates of disneyland or will they see and know when we arrive sunday? (They are 6 and the twins are 3 almost 4)

Which character dining are you going to do? Last year was our first time going and we had so much fun, but we were woefully unprepared! I didn't even KNOW about the EPIC PTN parade and EPIC fireworks show they were doing for the 60th! I can't believe I missed it. We did Goofy's Kitchen and Ariel's Grotto last year and both were great, in their own way. Are you doing the Halloween Party?
No halloween party for us :( are car needed 600 bucks in repair which had to come out of our Disneyland fund :( Im really bummed but Excited we still get to go to disneyland :) WE will have dinner at Goofys Kitchen :)

We fly to California one month from today! The day following will be our first day in the parks! Just got my Disney Visa Rewards card in the mail yesterday! So excited for you guys going in the next few weeks!
Us too! Yesterday I started telling DH about dining plans and he was like - "I thought we were going earlier, a month is a long time away". It does feel like a long time but hopefully it will fly :)

Would we be able to surprise our children on Monday at the gates of disneyland or will they see and know when we arrive sunday? (They are 6 and the twins are 3 almost 4)

That's a tough one. The only way to access the hotel is by going northbound on Harbor, as there is a median dividing the road. If you can distract them and have them look over to the opposite side while driving by, then you could avoid them seeing, but you'll end up going by the entrance on your way to the hotel.

Maybe you could have them looking down at the phone or something as you approach and pass by the main entrance. Will you be getting there at night or in the day time?

No halloween party for us :( are car needed 600 bucks in repair which had to come out of our Disneyland fund :( Im really bummed but Excited we still get to go to disneyland :) WE will have dinner at Goofys Kitchen :)

It's Disneyland - your FIRST trip even! You're going to have a blast!

It's possible with some planning. First and foremost, don't take them into the lobby to check in at the hotel. It seems like every adult says, "Are you going to Disneyland?" when they see a child in the resort area. Under the cover of night might make it a little easier--harder to see the Disneyland signage at the hotel, if they have any. And you would have to keep them entertained as you are driving up Harbor so they don't see the Disneyland sign. Will be much easier to keep it a secret from non-reading kids!

Im hoping if not it doesnt matter we have and will keep this secret until we show up.. I just hope i can get a good reaction on camera and not while im driving

I need to order our birthday cake, but I seem to be having trouble picking up the phone! Why am I nervous about this?

I need to order our birthday cake, but I seem to be having trouble picking up the phone! Why am I nervous about this?

I wanted to do that so badly. Ultimately, after the seasonal food list came out, I changed my mind. I decided we will all meet up at JH on my birthday for desserts, and each get something different to all share/try. Good luck to you on deciding!

Soarin' is playing on my disneyland pandora station right now, and I got goosebumps. SO EXCITED!!!

:woohoo:

I had that playing while I was driving yesterday. That song can be dangerous, because I start picturing the different scenes in Soarin' instead of concentrating on driving!! :car:

That's a tough one. The only way to access the hotel is by going northbound on Harbor, as there is a median dividing the road. If you can distract them and have them look over to the opposite side while driving by, then you could avoid them seeing, but you'll end up going by the entrance on your way to the hotel.

Maybe you could have them looking down at the phone or something as you approach and pass by the main entrance. Will you be getting there at night or in the day time?
Day time.. We think we will arrive around noon

I am so bummed. The Disneyland app updated and now my phone is not compatible. I used the app in Feb and it worked great, a few weeks later I had to reset my phone and did not download the DL app then since we were not planning a trip (going next month is a bit of a last minute thing). I went to download it yesterday and it says not compatible. I have a Galaxy 3S 4.4 and the app is for 5. I am so tempted to get a new phone although mine works just fine!
I searched online and while there are sites that have old versions of apps available, the DL one is not one of them. I contacted Disney directly and they said they do not have the old version available.

So spoiled lol! How many years have I gone to DLR and WDW without an app (or even a phone) but now I am freaking out about this :o Heck until last year (when I got my current phone) I had a flip phone that did not even have a camera!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter