October 20th 2007 Western Magic Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So look what our graphic designer at work did for Kristin and Jesse for the cruise. She was so proud of Kristin getting straight A's in her senior year in college last semester she made a magnet for her. My only contribution to this was the pictures, the software for the background and the idea of the film strip. I did NOTHING else. She put it all together in Photoshop and The Disney Magic Artist Studio.

FilmStripMagnet.jpg

Isn't this beautiful? My kids will have the best magnets on the cruise. Add this magnet to some more that a very special DISer made for them. Equally as awesome!

Who's getting Peso's for Cozumel? Are they really necessary? Beefcake, won't we get ripped off with the exchange rate if we wait until we get to one of those little "exchange huts" in Mexico. Is it better to buy a few here instead?

I won't use a credit card in foreign countries so either I spend my good old American moolah, or use Pesos.

No need for pesos Goose. They gladly take US $ and actually prefer them. Exchange rate should be 10:1 if not 11:1. Take lots of small bills - it is much easier to haggle. Only pull have what you're willing to pay ready to pull out of your pocket. Don't insult them by bringing them down and then pulling out a wad of cash. Always be ready to walk away.

No need for pesos Goose. They gladly take US $ and actually prefer them. Exchange rate should be 10:1 if not 11:1. Take lots of small bills - it is much easier to haggle. Only pull have what you're willing to pay ready to pull out of your pocket. Don't insult them by bringing them down and then pulling out a wad of cash. Always be ready to walk away.

Jeff will you be my personal haggler. Dh and I can not haggle worth anything. We always feel bad doing it. ;)

Hi everyone... this is Robin.

I haven't had the time to catch up. Hope everyone is doing well.

I don't know how much MIke has told you. I haven't seen him much since I got home from Cincinnati.

I went to work yesterday and my older brother stayed with my mom & dad. My younger brother had some errands to run, so he left. My older brother (Butch) was sitting at the table talking to Mom & Dad when suddenly, my dad jumped up and looked out the window. He then proceeded to grab my brother and said "Get out of here! There's 6 guys out there and I don't want you to get hurt! Butch tried to talk to dad and dad said. HURRY! GET ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE AND GET OUT OF HERE! I DON'T WANT YOU TO GET HURT! So, butch rode about 30 yards down the street and watched my dad running around the house yelling... telling these "Guys" to get out of here. Butch tried to go back to the house but dad then thought he was one of the bad guys and chased him away.

Butch then called me at work and said "Get out right now. Dad's losing it!" He said what should I do? I said "Call 911 for an ambulance and the sheriff."

I work across town. Mom & dad live in a small community outside of town. So I called MIke and said "Get out to Mom & Dad's now. I'll be out there as soon as I can"

I don't know if MIke told you this, but we went through this on Sunday, also.

This is lengthy, & my phone is ringing. I'll finish shorly.

Robin

Jeff, how was the game?

EXCELLENT!!!!

They went to extra innings (3-3 at the end of 9). In the bottom of the 11th, our guy hit one that looked like a home run, but they said it hit below the line (we have a flush wall in left field with a line), so he only got a double. The next batter they intentionally walked (Jenkins) because he's hit a dozen home runs this year and it would also set up a double play. Plus, the next batter was the catcher and he has no home runs. Well, the catcher fouls off about 4 pitches and then belted one to deep center to win the game - 3 run home run. It was sweet. :cool1:

Jeff will you be my personal haggler. Dh and I can not haggle worth anything. We always feel bad doing it. ;)

Suz the better haggler. I just know to keep the money separate. I also set the maximum price. She does the work.

Gotta run out again. We need to get DS a new pool. We buy these "quick set" pools and every year when we pull them out they have holes in them. And we were very cautious last year with it.

So I'll be back later (and $200 poorer since Suz wants to upgrade this year.

Hi everyone... this is Robin.

I haven't had the time to catch up. Hope everyone is doing well.

I don't know how much MIke has told you. I haven't seen him much since I got home from Cincinnati.

I went to work yesterday and my older brother stayed with my mom & dad. My younger brother had some errands to run, so he left. My older brother (Butch) was sitting at the table talking to Mom & Dad when suddenly, my dad jumped up and looked out the window. He then proceeded to grab my brother and said "Get out of here! There's 6 guys out there and I don't want you to get hurt! Butch tried to talk to dad and dad said. HURRY! GET ON YOUR MOTORCYCLE AND GET OUT OF HERE! I DON'T WANT YOU TO GET HURT! So, butch rode about 30 yards down the street and watched my dad running around the house yelling... telling these "Guys" to get out of here. Butch tried to go back to the house but dad then thought he was one of the bad guys and chased him away.

Butch then called me at work and said "Get out right now. Dad's losing it!" He said what should I do? I said "Call 911 for an ambulance and the sheriff."

I work across town. Mom & dad live in a small community outside of town. So I called MIke and said "Get out to Mom & Dad's now. I'll be out there as soon as I can"

I don't know if MIke told you this, but we went through this on Sunday, also.

This is lengthy, & my phone is ringing. I'll finish shorly.

Robin

Hi Robin,

Yes, Mike told us a little bit about Sunday. I feel so bad for you. Believe me, I get a little taste of the same when I go to see my folks. How old are your parents? My dad is 85 and my mom turned 78 today. My mom is still doing pretty well. Not much wrong for a 78 year old. My dad, is a different story. A few of the same symptoms as your dad, but not half as bad.

I'll continue to pray for your family and will keep you all in my thoughts. Lean on us anytime Robin. We're here for you! :grouphug:

:bored:

Where did everybody go?

Guess I'll go outside and watch Chuck fix the sunroof on my car which he broke tonight. :sad2:

I'm back...this is Robin

continued from an 7:04...

When I finally got there, MIke was there along with the ambulance and later the sheriff. My dad calmed down when they pulled in almost as if the troops arrived to save him. (he was in the philippines and Japan in WWII)

On Sunday, he was trying to chase my younger brother (Claude)out of the house because he thinks he's trying to take his farm. He actually lives a ranch home on 4 acres. (I wouldn't call it a farm, but he lived on a farm as a child.) Butch came to help and dad tried to hit him with a flashlight. Dad missed Butch's head and hit his shoulder. Dad then counter with a left to his neck. Butch didn't want to block it because he was afraid he'd hurt dad (he's only 139 lbs. now, about 5'8") They ended up calling the ambulance and taking him to the hospital where Mom was in for a broken hip.

I was staying all night with her because she also has alzheimers and she was scared. I then received a phone call... it was Claude telling Dad was downstairs in the emergency room. They admitted him for 24 hr observation. I talked to the nurse on Mom's floor about Dad and she arranged to have Dad put in the same room as Mom.

If anyone would have told me I would be sitting in the hospital babysitting both my mom & dad, I never would have believed them. I had gotten up Sunday morning at 7:30 and never went to sleep until 12:45 Monday night.

They both came home Monday evening after one of dad episodes in the hospital. He saw Claude at the hospital and starting saying, "That's the guy that trying to take my farm." I told him I would talk to him and after about 1 hour, I was able to calm him down.

There's soooo much more, but I'll write more later.

Sorry to be so long winded, but this is rather theraputic. (Going to work helps too.)

Thanks for all of the concerns.

Robin

Hi Robin,

Yes, Mike told us a little bit about Sunday. I feel so bad for you. Believe me, I get a little taste of the same when I go to see my folks. How old are your parents? My dad is 85 and my mom turned 78 today. My mom is still doing pretty well. Not much wrong for a 78 year old. My dad, is a different story. A few of the same symptoms as your dad, but not half as bad.

I'll continue to pray for your family and will keep you all in my thoughts. Lean on us anytime Robin. We're here for you! :grouphug:

Dad is 82 and Mom is 81.

Today Claude & I have been talking to Doctors and nursing homes trying to get dad placed. We are going to try to place mom with him because she can't take care of herself. She's not quite as bad as dad though. And we can't work and take care of her.

We're trying to find a cohabitational facility. But Mom first has to go to a rehab hospital for her hip. (which means they'll be seperated for a couple of weeks.)

Knowing this day was going to come doesn't make it any easier.:sad1:

Oh my God... What a nightmare. I need a vacation.

Dad is 82 and Mom is 81.

Today Claude & I have been talking to Doctors and nursing homes trying to get dad placed. We are going to try to place mom with him because she can't take care of herself. She's not quite as bad as dad though. And we can't work and take care of her.

We're trying to find a cohabitational facility. But Mom first has to go to a rehab hospital for her hip. (which means they'll be seperated for a couple of weeks.)

Knowing this day was going to come doesn't make it any easier.:sad1:

Oh my God... What a nightmare. I need a vacation.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Robin

I am so sorry to hear about your parents. If there is any thing I can do,well be an ear for you to talk to let me know. Then when we are face to face if there is anything I can do let me know. Hang in there, you are doing what is best for your parents. :flower3:

Linda and Robin--pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: for y'all and y'all's families.

As for an update on us, Rob's mom had the mastectomy today and early test results on the lymph nodes are negative. We are very encouraged. More extensive tests are being done on lymph nodes, so we should know more in a few days......... Y'all have a great night.

Little E's in my prayers.......:cutie:

I know! I know!! He keeps all his "KK Ladies" busy reading his hilarious posts. You're doing a great job Chris. Keep it up!:thumbsup2

Ohhh! That sooo should have been mine. Well, I guess it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.:hug:

Pictures Plz :cheer2:

Oh Linda, I was so hoping for better news from you. I'm so sorry it didn't go well again. Here's all that dust stuff you're looking for my friend.

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I'm thinking we'll do the same. Thanks Cass.

Nancy love i do feel real bad for nicking "your" 13,000 honest i do...:rolleyes1

Dust stuff to everyone who needs some this morning..pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter