# of cars allowed per site & site size recommendation

tlh0726

DIS Veteran
Tried to do a search to find the answer, but no luck.

Memory is telling me that I read a post by someone that you are allowed more than one car on your site as long as it is on the paved area only and not sticking out into the road area or touching any grass.

Looking at booking a June trip and wondering if we will need to drop part of our group off at the motorhome and then go get the rest from the overflow lot.

If the answer is only 1, can a 39 foot motorhome with slides on both sides fit on a full hookup site or should we just stick to a preferred (had on previous trip) or go with a premium site? We will also have a foldable tow dolly and a chevy HHR

Official rules say 1 vehicle per site. Tell them all your criteria, there are some long sites in preferred you should fit in. If not, ask to be moved to premium then.

I guess the answer to your question depends on how you like to set up your site when you arrive...

We have a 38' MH and tow a Honda CRV, also with a foldable dolly. We alway try to get the Premium sites that do not have the sand pads.... We usually back the MH all the way to the back of the site as far as we can so there is plenty of room to park the car and a golf cart. We always leave the tow dolly in the overflow lot so as not to clutter up the site. To us the Premium sites offer much more room to move around without having to track sand into the MH.

I have seen some folks that leave their camping units closer to the front of the site so there is more room to sit around at the rear. If you do this and in order to keep your tow car at the site, make sure to leave plenty of room to park it so the tires are on the pavement.

Off course if you have little one who like to play in the sand, I would opt of the Preferred sites.... Again its all gonna depend on how you like to set things up.

The rules say 1 car per site.
Upon check in you could drive all cars to your site to unload and then return anything over 1 car to the overflow lot along with you tow dolly. We always leave our GC trailer there.
We have a 43 ft. MH with 4 slides. I always go with the premium site.

As the others have said, the official rule is 1 car per site. However, you will see a LOT of people violate this rule.

If I get a premium site, I will sometimes put my tow dolly behind my RV (especially if it is just me for the weekend with my son). It really just depends on the size of your RV, dolly and the size of the site if it will fit.

Thanks all.
Guess the driver's of the cars will get in a little extra driving time. :goodvibes

We had a preferred last time, pushed the tow dolly in behind the MH and then back it up so that the wheels and levelers were still on the pad and parked the van in front.
We did commando park time during our last trip so they only thing that got set up were a few chairs that barely were used.

Thanks all.
Guess the driver's of the cars will get in a little extra driving time. :goodvibes

We had a preferred last time, pushed the tow dolly in behind the MH and then back it up so that the wheels and levelers were still on the pad and parked the van in front.
We did commando park time during our last trip so they only thing that got set up were a few chairs that barely were used.

TLH.....

Am I remembering correctly that you guys went to Disney awhile back and had some issues with your MH on that trip?

TLH.....

Am I remembering correctly that you guys went to Disney awhile back and had some issues with your MH on that trip?

Nope not us.
We were there in April 2010 but no issues with the MH.
I only had issues my husband's driving ;) and regret that we did not use any of the facilities except the playground on like 2 occasions.

That sounds like my wife too.
I always tell her, "You are welcome to drive when ever you want!"

then later I apologize.

:goodvibes

DH would never say that to me, because I would respond with move over.

DH is still trying to figure out how I can K-turn it around in the space in front of his shop. :rotfl:

Called to check to see if AAA discounts were available on any of the site classifications, thinking this would sway are decision on which to go with.

Discount currently available on all 3 :thumbsup2

Went ahead and booked a preferred site for a 2 week window that we are still deciding on.

Thanks for all the advice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter