# of units per DVC

Go up to the Stickies in this forum & look for the post titled DVC RESOURCE CENTER. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos.

Thank You Dannysmom. I had heard that Grand Floridian DVC was only going to have 147 units. Trying to decide whether or not to add on there or buy a resale and book 7 months out.

If GF isn't going to have too many units available, it might be beneficial to add on and have the home resort advantage!! ;)

I am thinking / guessing that GFV will be comparable (size-wise) with the VWL.

Not sure yet if I am anything more than mildly interested in GFV. I am thinking the see what's available at 7 months is where I'm leaning. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards App please excuse any typos.

Thank You Dannysmom. I had heard that Grand Floridian DVC was only going to have 147 units. Trying to decide whether or not to add on there or buy a resale and book 7 months out.

If GF isn't going to have too many units available, it might be beneficial to add on and have the home resort advantage!! ;)

From the Member Website:
Disney Vacation Club is developing an estimated 147 villas as part of the previously announced expansion of Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.

There are no details as to an exact number of studios, 1, 2 & 3 bedroom villas for the Grand Floridian at this point.

Before you decide, think about what you are buying and don't get caught up in the new resort hype.

Do you stay at the GF now? Is GF your favorite resort, do you love the location, decor, styling?

The DVC component will be a annex of the GF, you will share the common elements but feel a little like an outsider. The views from the building appear to be restricted with a view of other GF buildings and the Poly.

We got caught up in the BLT hype and bought points there and to be honest, it's our least favorite resort.

:earsboy: Bill

VGC only has 48 units and I'm 2 for 2 at the 7 month mark. I wouldn't make any decisions until you see what the details are (cost, dues, points chart).

Forgive me for being picky, but when talking about the number of accommodations at a DVC resort, the proper term to use is "Vacation Home." A Vacation Home can be a Grand Villa, a dedicated villa (whether studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom), or a lock off two-bedroom villa.

The term "Unit" has a specific meaning in the Master Declarations. A Unit can comprise one Vacation Home or, as at OKW, more than a dozen Vacation Homes. For example, BLT has 281 Vacation Homes and 223 Units; OKW has 531 Vacation Homes but only 68 Units.

DVC has announced that VGF will have 147 Vacation Homes. However, it has not announced how many will be GVs, dedicated villas, or lock off villas. For booking purposes, it doesn't matter how many Units will comprise VGF. Units only come into play when discussing how much of a DVC resort is declared for the DVC inventory, determining a DVC member's real estate interest as represented by the number of points, and the designation of points to one of eight Use Years.

Forgive me for being picky, but when talking about the number of accommodations at a DVC resort, the proper term to use is "Vacation Home." A Vacation Home can be a Grand Villa, a dedicated villa (whether studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom), or a lock off two-bedroom villa.

The term "Unit" has a specific meaning in the Master Declarations. A Unit can comprise one Vacation Home or, as at OKW, more than a dozen Vacation Homes. For example, BLT has 281 Vacation Homes and 223 Units; OKW has 531 Vacation Homes but only 68 Units.

DVC has announced that VGF will have 147 Vacation Homes. However, it has not announced how many will be GVs, dedicated villas, or lock off villas. For booking purposes, it doesn't matter how many Units will comprise VGF. Units only come into play when discussing how much of a DVC resort is declared for the DVC inventory, determining a DVC member's real estate interest as represented by the number of points, and the designation of points to one of eight Use Years.

holy toledo i wish i talked this fancy :flower3:

I was also told that there would be 147 VGF units from a few internal DVC sources awhile back. I'll check back and see if they can't get me a more detailed breakdown.

The DVC component will be a annex of the GF, you will share the common elements but feel a little like an outsider. The views from the building appear to be restricted with a view of other GF buildings and the Poly.

Glad you can tell the OP how THEY will FEEL.

Personally I have never felt like an "Outsider" while staying a VWL and I doubt I will while staying at VGF either.

Also IMHO saying VGF views are obstructed by the Poly is like saying that Yacht Club Views are obstructed by the Boardwalk.

While what you are saying is 100% correct within the context of the Master Declarations, I just want to add that the terms Units/Rooms, as utilized in the Resource Center Post where lockoffs are one unit but two rooms, is also how DVC counts and reffers to them in many of their internal publications ..... Right, Wrong, or Otherwise.

To clarify being a outsider IMO is because you aren't in the main building complex, you are in the outskirts of the property so you won't be in the middle of the action of the lobby. VWL, BCV, and BLT have a similar set up, and I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, it is what it is because the DVC rooms were added after the resort was built. All of the services, food, etc are in the main building.

The obstructed view is of the MK. Some have posted that they expect to have a clear view of the MK. The view appears to be of the GF buildings, a parking lot, a island, and a view of the Poly.

To clarify being a outsider IMO is because you aren't in the main building complex, you are in the outskirts of the property so you won't be in the middle of the action of the lobby. VWL, BCV, and BLT have a similar set up, and I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, it is what it is because the DVC rooms were added after the resort was built. All of the services, food, etc are in the main building.

The obstructed view is of the MK. Some have posted that they expect to have a clear view of the MK. The view appears to be of the GF buildings, a parking lot, a island, and a view of the Poly.

And other say water views - lake and a pool. And some with a monorail view thrown in perhaps. popcorn:: ;)

There is only one GF building that is home to the "action of the lobby". All of the others require a short walk to that "action". None of the buildings at GF are connected by interior hallways or covered walkways to get from Building to Building. Unless you are staying in the main building you'll need to go outside to get to any of the shops or restaurants. Even those in the Main Building have to go outside to get to Narcoossees.

It appears that the VGF location will be closer to the "action of the lobby" than Buildings 7 and 8 and also closer than some of the rooms in Buildings 5 and 9.

And they indicated that yes, there would be approximately 150 units and the price per point would probably start out at what BLT is currently being sold at as a promotion but then head to between $180 - $200 a point.

Apparently Disney has been having a great 2011/2012 in the parks and in DVC sales.

That being said, I think I'll add on somewhere else through re-sale and just book at the 7 month mark. Too rich for my blood. LOL!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter