Official 2012/2013 Disney Military Promotion - Updated Post #187

Like a PP said not to look a gift horse in the mouth but we take multiple trips a year and there are only two of us. I don't like having to buy all six at once.

As long as we can change the person using the tickets if necessary I have no problem with it--we will definitely use them all, just not sure yet for who! We might be taking our other 2 grandchildren in the spring and if that happens, my sister will be out of luck, as long as we can change the names on the tickets to their names. I would think we'd be able to do that just by taking the tickets to Guest Services but would like to be sure. Cheshire????????

I'd like to know about this as well.
I wouldn't be surprised if name changes weren't possible though.

How much are the seasonal passes and do they expire in Sept or do they expire one year from purchase?

How much are the seasonal passes and do they expire in Sept or do they expire one year from purchase?

What do you mean seasonal passes? They expire at the end of the promotional period however they're only good for 4 park day entries and/or 4 WP&M entries.

the new military promotional tickets will be this ( from the first post in this thread)

There will be three types of tickets available at WDW.
Four Day Park Hopper - $156 (plus tax)
Four Day Base with Water Parks Fun and More - $156 (plus tax)
Four Day Hopper with WPF&M - $184 (plus tax)

To determine eligbility on service-disabled veterans, all 100% disabled veterans (drawing benefits from the U.S. Veterans Administration) hold a tan-colored ID photo ID card issued by the U.S Government (DD Form 1173).

Examples are listed here.

I can't read the tiny cards on my screen, but thank you. I'm assuming this is the card he will get when he finally gets to a RAPIDS location?

He said they told him his card would say retired. So if that's the case, he wouldn't have any issue getting the tickets. :confused3

I think he just needs to finally go get his ID. :rotfl:

DAVPRM (Disabled Veteran Permanent) is a particular status which does not correlate with the disability percentage.

During the present offer those with a military issued ID card (like a retired military ID not a Va card) which grants access to bases and has DAVPRM in the rank block were eligible for the offer.

Unfortunately the percentage of disability does not matter in this instance.

100% disabled are eligible for a program at Shades of Green though.

I just found this! http://www.cac.mil/docs/1172-2-Instructions.pdf which helps me, but it says DAVPRM is for 100%. I'm fairly certain his issues are permanent but I'll send him this and make sure. Thank you all!

Ok. So is DAVPRM a status listed on a card issued by the VA? Or a card listed by RAPIDS? Because the RAPIDS location closest to our house (where he called) had no idea who was eligible to get a card that stated that.

The VA system confuses me greatly so I appreciate your help. He's asked me to help figure this out for him but I'm pretty clueless about military offers and wording and whatnot.

I couldn't even find anything when I googled DAVPRM to help figure out who those cards are meant for.

My sister is planning a 2013 trip with her grand-daughters. Her husband is in the Air Force. She's not a "Dis-er" so I thought I'd ask this for her. The 2013 military discount rates just came out to buy tickets. There is a 4-day hopper rate. They will be there 7 days and I guess would want 7-day tickets. Would they be able to add days at a discounted rate?? thanks.

...[t]here are only two of us. I don't like having to buy all six at once.

Then just buy two. And use them. And be thankful for the huge discount you got on the two tickets you used.

Or buy four. And be twice as thankful

Or buy six (and say to yourself as you buy them "I don't like doing this, but it will save us so much down the road that I think I can cope with my dislike"), and be three times as thankful.

Sea World solves this "problem" by tying the annual free entry to a specific ID card. One entry per ID per year.

In comparison, I think the WDW method is much more generous, especially when combined with the Resort Hotel discounts.

Thanks, CF, for posting and clarifying, and thanks to the WDW and Disney executives who thought this gesture was worth continuing for another year.

I couldn't even find anything when I googled DAVPRM to help figure out who those cards are meant for.

Google military ID DAVPRM.

DoD issues the cards. If your friend shows up with a 100% letter from the VA and DD 214, they'll find their instructions on how to enter the information to get the designator on the ID card. It's a standard procedure, and RAPIDS is all about standard procedures.

Like a PP said not to look a gift horse in the mouth but we take multiple trips a year and there are only two of us. I don't like having to buy all six at once.

I don't either, and I was planning 3 trips next year, but I don't want to be out the money if we don't get to go.

My sister is planning a 2013 trip with her grand-daughters. Her husband is in the Air Force. She's not a "Dis-er" so I thought I'd ask this for her. The 2013 military discount rates just came out to buy tickets. There is a 4-day hopper rate. They will be there 7 days and I guess would want 7-day tickets. Would they be able to add days at a discounted rate?? thanks.

No, the tickets are only for 4 days and none can be added. But, if she gets the Water Park Fun & More option, the ticket will also have 4 entries to Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Disney Quest and mini-golf. It's definitely possible to stretch those 4-day tickets with the WPF&M option out over 7 days of fun.

Google military ID DAVPRM.

DoD issues the cards. If your friend shows up with a 100% letter from the VA and DD 214, they'll find their instructions on how to enter the information to get the designator on the ID card. It's a standard procedure, and RAPIDS is all about standard procedures.

Thanks! I found the form online (edited in my earlier post after I found it!) and sent it to him. He called and said his letter says 100% permanent, but hasn't gotten ID yet because there is no reason to where we live.

Closest RAPIDS is 75 minutes (maybe) so easily doable.

I appreciate your help. I was pretty confused, it's all a little overwhelming for me but I've been trying to help him plan a trip and we were waiting to see if they did military discounts again and if he'd be eligible. Happy to see he is! Thanks again.

No, the tickets are only for 4 days and none can be added. But, if she gets the Water Park Fun & More option, the ticket will also have 4 entries to Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Disney Quest and mini-golf. It's definitely possible to stretch those 4-day tickets with the WPF&M option out over 7 days of fun.

This is correct but let me just elaborate a bit as it is a little confusing to people who aren't used to how the disney tickets work:

They are 4 day tickets but they don't mean that they're good for 4 calendar days. They're good for 4 days of park entry. If you get the base ticket with hopper then you have 4 days of park entry, hopping from one park to another on the same day. No more. The ticket expires at the end of the promotional period, so in this case somewhere around Sept 2013.

If you get the Water Park and More option with the base ticket (or hopper and water parks, for an added cost) you also get 4 entries into the minor parks: water parks, disney quest etc. Those 4 entries do not have to be used on the same days as park entries, so like Claire is saying, you can stretch those out to actually having 8 days of things to do.

However, if you use a park day in the morning and a WP at night you've used 1 park day and 1 wp&m entitlement. If you use Blizzard beach in the morning and typhoon lagoon at night you've used 2 wp&m entitlements.

Hope that makes sense. It's like having two different sets of tickets rolled into one.

I assume that active members of the Guard and Reserves means that they are actively drilling. I ask this because wasn't there a promotion one time where a member of the Guard had to show that he/she had been activated during the year. Did I just dream that? :confused3

I assume that active members of the Guard and Reserves means that they are actively drilling. I ask this because wasn't there a promotion one time where a member of the Guard had to show that he/she had been activated during the year. Did I just dream that? :confused3

My husband is in the reserves, but does it full time. They have never asked for any orders as the military ID's do show whether you are active, reserve or National Guard. He just shows his id and we are done.

To determine eligbility on service-disabled veterans, all 100% disabled veterans (drawing benefits from the U.S. Veterans Administration) hold a tan-colored ID photo ID card issued by the U.S Government (DD Form 1173).

Examples are listed here.

Except of course, when they are 100% perm and total for the VA and chap 61'ed by the military and have a blue ID card. :rotfl:

Oh the Government, it's funsies.

My husband is in the reserves, but does it full time. They have never asked for any orders as the military ID's do show whether you are active, reserve or National Guard. He just shows his id and we are done.

Thanks, I already told my family (7 of us) that I would treat them to Disney World next summer. My one son is in the Army National Guard. It sure will help if we can get six tickets at this military rate.

I do believe that one of the very early promotions did require this (or perhaps it was how members of the guard got to stay at SOG back in the day). But you're not dreaming it.

Active Duty Guard soldier would have a different color ID than M-Day.
but, in any case, m-day guard is still eligible for the promotion. :)
Disney is using the term "active" to mean "current".

TPBChick said:

It means anyone serving in the Reserves or National Guard as long as you have an ID card. My DH (Reserves) drills once a month and we qualify, all we have to do is show the card, no orders needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter