Official 2012 Wine and Dine ½ Marathon Thread

OMG yes those lines were almost as bad as the line for Mickey. That Mickey line was Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did anyone wait?? Im curious how long they waited.

I did. Which is why I missed the meet up and photo.

I was on the bus before 7 and dropped my bag off right away. Then stood in the line that stretched across the field for Mickey. It went on for days. lol

Got my photo taken, then went and lined up in the middle of my corral. Almost 2 hours for a picture.....

I was on the bus before 7 and dropped my bag off right away. Then stood in the line that stretched across the field for Mickey. It went on for days. lol

Got my photo taken, then went and lined up in the middle of my corral. Almost 2 hours for a picture.....

You were another one we missed too, Todd. :sad1: Hope it was a good picture with Mickey and Minnie. :flower3:

Ahhh, I was wondering what that line was for!

Since the DH couldn't run at the last minute thanks to a bad cold :eek:, I sat on the ground in Corral "where in the you-know-what are we?" for an hour and a half by myself. I didn't even see where Mickey and Minnie were and from the sound of it, glad I didn't even think to get my pic with them! It was bad enough at 9:30 I started the battle of " I really have to go to the bathroom again, but there's NO way I'm getting out of this corral"!:crazy2: I thought it was pretty funny as we circled around to the start that so many people made a fast break for the bathrooms on that side of the field.:lmao: Trust me, those first porta-potties just before mile 1 were just about the best sight I had all night (aside from the finish line of course!:woohoo:)

I am glad I listened to whoever told me to get on the first bus from boardwalk. I waited only 4 people for my pic w Mickey. Then I partied with the dj, visited the porta potty, did the meet up, went back in line for the porta potty, got in my corral and retied my shoes eight times. Made a friend on the bus and spent the next 3 hours with her before the race start. Very cool event all around.

I did find the parks very busy on Sunday and Monday. Tuesday was slightly better. But not my favorite crowd levels for sure. dH had fun at the party and rode a lot before meeting up with me. My biggest gripe about the race was crossing over the course to getto my meet up place after the race. All I wanted to do was sit and I wasn't happy to wait to cross that. But I understood, as a runner. Also, the cant of the road for the mile leading up to animal kingdom and then again down off Osceola towards DHS. That killed my left hip and right ankle.

Otherwise I found it very well organized and a fun race that I would do again. The weather was awesome, the course was fun, and I did enjoy many of the food and wine booths on Sunday so I'm glad that was going on still.

I thought I was in one of the first buses but got straight in the Mickey line and was there all the way till everyone went to the corrals. I even waited for the bathroom and came back to the Mickey line where dh was waiting!

I am glad I listened to whoever told me to get on the first bus from boardwalk. I waited only 4 people for my pic w Mickey. Then I partied with the dj, visited the porta potty, did the meet up, went back in line for the porta potty, got in my corral and retied my shoes eight times. Made a friend on the bus and spent the next 3 hours with her before the race start. Very cool event all around.

I did find the parks very busy on Sunday and Monday. Tuesday was slightly better. But not my favorite crowd levels for sure. dH had fun at the party and rode a lot before meeting up with me. My biggest gripe about the race was crossing over the course to getto my meet up place after the race. All I wanted to do was sit and I wasn't happy to wait to cross that. But I understood, as a runner. Also, the cant of the road for the mile leading up to animal kingdom and then again down off Osceola towards DHS. That killed my left hip and right ankle.

Otherwise I found it very well organized and a fun race that I would do again. The weather was awesome, the course was fun, and I did enjoy many of the food and wine booths on Sunday so I'm glad that was going on still.

I agree. The angle of the road was a killer on my already sensitive knee. Wish I had known what was in the box they gave out at the finish. I just thought it was just miscellaneous race stuff. Imagine my surprise the next morning when I opened it and found the yummy snacks inside!:banana: And what was with the guy with the bucket collecting drink vouchers? I didn't use mine but I thought they were for drinks in the park afterwards.:confused3

Overall, it was a fun time. :thumbsup2 The only reason I would not do it again was the bottlenecking throughout AK and parts of DHS.:crowded:

I really like that they were calling out the flavors of the gel packs so you could try to grab a flavor you like. I always seem to get mocha and I can't stand coffee.

As someone running her first race ever I have to ask...
You mean we weren't supposed to take one of each flavor? That's what I did, tasted the lemon-lime (yech) then tucked the extra packets into my sports bra. :rolleyes1

dis-happy said:
As someone running her first race ever I have to ask...
You mean we weren't supposed to take one of each flavor? That's what I did, tasted the lemon-lime (yech) then tucked the extra packets into my sports bra. :rolleyes1

Consider the extra u took as mine. :) i passed right by with my own chews in my fuel belt.

The volunteers were excellent, by the way, and the people cheering along the roadways too! The signs were hilarious and it was just so nice to have all those smiling supporters. Made me smile right back. Of course I was also smiling because i was a bit incredulous that I was actually running all over Disney property. Lol!

Glad to hear that most had a great time and I enjoyed the meet up before the race. I enjoyed the course a lot especially seeing the SpectroMagic floats and Main Street Electrical Parade floats (complete with the Disneyland audio). I also loved the Green Army Man telling us to take that hill. Made me smile. And having braved the crowds the night before for opening of the Osborne Lights, I absolutely loved running through that area with no crowds.

This was my worst time for a race in 3:11, but I don't really care. My goal was to finish and get the Coast to Coast, which I accomplished. I did stop for photos with Chip and Dale, Chip, Dale, and Goofy, and of course Darth Vader.

It was a different experience than the Disneyland 1/2, which I loved. I really enjoyed both courses.

Due to the logistics and timing of when I must visit WDW, I may never be able to do a runDisney event at WDW again. But I won't hesitate to recommend this one to someone. I found the after party crowded, but the lines I waited in weren't too bad. And the two character lines I did were fine. Donald had maybe a five minute wait and Remy from Ratatouille was a short wait.

As a side note, I loved getting to experience new Fantasyland and dining at Be Our Guest. Icing on the cake.

Glad to hear that most had a great time and I enjoyed the meet up before the race. I enjoyed the course a lot especially seeing the SpectroMagic floats and Main Street Electrical Parade floats (complete with the Disneyland audio). I also loved the Green Army Man telling us to take that hill. Made me smile. And having braved the crowds the night before for opening of the Osborne Lights, I absolutely loved running through that area with no crowds.

This was my worst time for a race in 3:11, but I don't really care. My goal was to finish and get the Coast to Coast, which I accomplished. I did stop for photos with Chip and Dale, Chip, Dale, and Goofy, and of course Darth Vader.

It was a different experience than the Disneyland 1/2, which I loved. I really enjoyed both courses.

Due to the logistics and timing of when I must visit WDW, I may never be able to do a runDisney event at WDW again. But I won't hesitate to recommend this one to someone. I found the after party crowded, but the lines I waited in weren't too bad. And the two character lines I did were fine. Donald had maybe a five minute wait and Remy from Ratatouille was a short wait.

As a side note, I loved getting to experience new Fantasyland and dining at Be Our Guest. Icing on the cake.

It was so nice to meet you! I loved your costume! Congrats on your finish and also your Coast to Coast! I didn't stop for any characters and finished about 10 minutes after you. It wasn't my best, or worst, but I did enjoy it. I think night races are just tough. I was also able to eat the counter service lunch and the dinner at Be Our Guest. It was fabulous!

Do you have any more races scheduled? My next is WDW January.

Well, sadly I had to leave WDW today and now I'm make to reality and SNOW!!! Ugh!

I finished the W&D and received my Coast to Coast medal:cool1::thumbsup2I was sick through the whole half and unfortunately most of my trip, but I still had a good time seeing all the costumes, walking through the parks at night and seeing the beautiful Christmas lights @the Studios. This was my very first night race and to be honest I don't think I will do another one. Iam not a night person and found myself getting tired, so I'll stick with the other Disney races.....can we say Princess?princess:ha,ha.

I also had a record slow time and I think it was because it was night. I am in bed by 10pm up by 5am everyday and my body was very confused and protested! I felt okay the whole time but took it slow as I just couldn't tap into those energy reserves. I felt a little sick right after the race but was fine the next morning. The good thing about going slow was no soreness the next day.
I am really glad I did it but I will stick with morning races from here out.

I usually run after work but I was a little concerned about the start time, even though I prefer running at night. But after carbing up at lunchtime, and closing the curtains back in our room, we were able to relax and nap in our little cocoon.:cloud9: I think that made all the difference.:thumbsup2

I loved the nighttime start! My sister and I were even debating whether to try the princess or do the wine and dine again and we both said we'd prefer a midnight run over getting on the bus at 3am! No way would I be functioning at that hour let alone able to run 13 miles. I was super antsy all day leading up to the race and that was hard but I am used to running at night so I was able to get through it with no problem. I wasn't anticipating being so wide awake at 4 am afterwards though! Must have been the adrenaline.... :cool1:

I didnt think the night race was that bad either, but I work a swing shift. Im accustomed to not being accustomed to sleep schedules I guess.

I loved the nighttime start! My sister and I were even debating whether to try the princess or do the wine and dine again and we both said we'd prefer a midnight run over getting on the bus at 3am! No way would I be functioning at that hour let alone able to run 13 miles. I was super antsy all day leading up to the race and that was hard but I am used to running at night so I was able to get through it with no problem. I wasn't anticipating being so wide awake at 4 am afterwards though! Must have been the adrenaline.... :cool1:

We got back to our room around 3am, fell asleep around 4 and I was wide awake at 5am:crazy2:. Needless to say, I dozed back off again around 10am and was pretty much useless on the ride way home. I think we both ended up crashing Sunday night around 7:30!:rotfl:

I loved the nighttime start also! I have been debating what race I would like to do next, but I REALLY loved W&D...from the theme to the night start. I am definitely more of a night owl. I was in my room by 3am, and was asleep some time after 4am. I think I woke up around 9am...and I had really anticipated being able to sleep in after that much running. Apparently my body had other plans. I didn't actually leave my room until around 1pm, though...so I just kind of lounged around and that helped. Not like I had much of a choice...my legs did NOT want to function.

It was funny because I got back to my room around 3am and normally I'm up @3:30am for work..ha,ha...

Last day at the parks for us. Taking son for his Jedi training right now and then Osborne Lights tonight one more time since the race! Driving around all these streets we ran. I still can't believe I did it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter