*Official 2013 Disney Princess Half Marathon Runners' Thread!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations and good for you for joining the pavement pounders of The World.

With that much time for training why not set goals for a Goofy. :banana:

I am doing the full in 2013 as well. It will be my first full. My running coach is doing Goofy. I thought about doing another full before then but my coach would prefer that WDW be my first so he can be with me (I live in NY, he lives in CA, its hard to run together a lot).

Congrats on the addition to your family and enjoy the training!

I'm Already planning for WDW in January 2013. I don't know what I'll be doing-Donald, Mickey or Goofy. The college I work for is changing their calendar from quarters to semesters so I can do Disneyland this year and WDW in 2013.

Assuming I finish 2012 and the end of the Mayan is a passing date and not the actual end of the earth, I will be there in 2013 also

Coach Charles - :rotfl:

I'm thinking seriously of doing the full for 2013. Afterall, it will be the 20th anniversary - gotta love those anniversary medals! Not sure if I'll do Goofy again at that time. Luckily, I have time to decide.

pinkle - not sure there's any info out for 2013 yet. However, it's not too early to start thinking about it. :thumbsup2

WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE INFO? :lovestruc

Echoing no info out yet. Expect the weekend to be January 10-13 (Th - Su) unless Disney does something different in 2013. That is one of the better weekends since there is a weekend between New Years and the race. Marathon weekenders will have the place to themselves.

Oh my! I don't think so!! :lmao:

Why Not?

DW and I are both 60 and with one year of preparation DW completed the Half and I completed the Goofy so with 2 years of training and younger legs I say GO FOR IT!:rotfl2:

I am doing the full in 2013 as well. It will be my first full. My running coach is doing Goofy. I thought about doing another full before then but my coach would prefer that WDW be my first so he can be with me (I live in NY, he lives in CA, its hard to run together a lot).

Congrats on the addition to your family and enjoy the training!

Thanks! How does that work out, being across the country from each other?

I'm Already planning for WDW in January 2013. I don't know what I'll be doing-Donald, Mickey or Goofy. The college I work for is changing their calendar from quarters to semesters so I can do Disneyland this year and WDW in 2013.

Ok.. another question.. Is Mickey the full and Donald the half?

Assuming I finish 2012 and the end of the Mayan is a passing date and not the actual end of the earth, I will be there in 2013 also

Good to know. :thumbsup2

WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE INFO? :lovestruc

Coach Charles - :rotfl:

I'm thinking seriously of doing the full for 2013. Afterall, it will be the 20th anniversary - gotta love those anniversary medals! Not sure if I'll do Goofy again at that time. Luckily, I have time to decide.

pinkle - not sure there's any info out for 2013 yet. However, it's not too early to start thinking about it. :thumbsup2

Ok, I am SO glad to have veterans here that know what they are talking about and that can help me through all of this! :goodvibes

It will be my FIRST Marathon, ever!

Why Not?

DW and I are both 60 and with one year of preparation DW completed the Half and I completed the Goofy so with 2 years of training and younger legs I say GO FOR IT!:rotfl2:

Oh just the thought of a marathon itself is a little overwhelming to me! :scared1:

You both are 60? My mom just started running and she is 57. She got third in her age category in her first ever 5k! :cool1: We are very proud of her. She is wanting to do the marathon with me, but she doesn't have a very positive attitude about it. She's really nervous.

I'm really looking forward to hearing everyone's experiences, advice, tips, whatever you want to share!

Oh just the thought of a marathon itself is a little overwhelming to me! :scared1:

You both are 60? My mom just started running and she is 57. She got third in her age category in her first ever 5k! :cool1: We are very proud of her. She is wanting to do the marathon with me, but she doesn't have a very positive attitude about it. She's really nervous.

I'm really looking forward to hearing everyone's experiences, advice, tips, whatever you want to share!

If you are targeting the 2013 full, you should work towards the race with a series of smaller goal races. So this spring a couple 5 ks and maybe a 10k. Next fall add another 10k or two and a 15 k if there is one in the area and maybe a half later in the fall. Definitely in the spring of 2012 throw in another half along with some shorter races and then you are ready to think about the full. You will have the mental confidence of knowing you can go half the distance and you will have a better idea of what endurance running is all about. More importantly, it will allow you to train continuously between now and then and not allow you to wait until the last possible moment to start training for the 2013 full.

Thanks! How does that work out, being across the country from each other?

A lot of people ask me how it works out that my running coach is in CA and I am in NY. Technology really helps. He will email me a detailed training plan. Then I use dailymile and my Garmin to send him all the info from my runs. We email/text/talk a few times a week when I am training. The hardest thing we have had to work on is fueling. For the half I am okay with my current plan (pb and j 30 mins before the race; Cytomax as needed during). But we are really going to have to work on it for the full, since that plan ain't gonna cut it. I guess I may just have to suck it up and eat the Gu.:scared::crazy2:

If you are targeting the 2013 full, you should work towards the race with a series of smaller goal races. So this spring a couple 5 ks and maybe a 10k. Next fall add another 10k or two and a 15 k if there is one in the area and maybe a half later in the fall. Definitely in the spring of 2012 throw in another half along with some shorter races and then you are ready to think about the full. You will have the mental confidence of knowing you can go half the distance and you will have a better idea of what endurance running is all about. More importantly, it will allow you to train continuously between now and then and not allow you to wait until the last possible moment to start training for the 2013 full.

This sounds like a great plan! Only, I am having a baby this coming October. I do plan on running still.. I know that towards the end of my pregnancy I'll have to slow it to a walk. So, after my recovery time (maybe by December) I'll be able to start running again. I hope to be back at the 5ks next spring and summer.. then I can start adding in the longer runs.

A lot of people ask me how it works out that my running coach is in CA and I am in NY. Technology really helps. He will email me a detailed training plan. Then I use dailymile and my Garmin to send him all the info from my runs. We email/text/talk a few times a week when I am training. The hardest thing we have had to work on if fueling. For the half I am okay with my current plan (pb and j 30 mins before the race; Cytomax as needed during). But we are really going to have to work on it for the full, since that plan ain't gonna cut it. I guess I may just have to suck it up and eat the Gu.:scared::crazy2:

I once had a runner in Australia. It's simple with email and internet based services.

As far as you eating in a race, there are still work around for the full. Not as nice and easy as gel, but still there.

A lot of people ask me how it works out that my running coach is in CA and I am in NY. Technology really helps. He will email me a detailed training plan. Then I use dailymile and my Garmin to send him all the info from my runs. We email/text/talk a few times a week when I am training. The hardest thing we have had to work on if fueling. For the half I am okay with my current plan (pb and j 30 mins before the race; Cytomax as needed during). But we are really going to have to work on it for the full, since that plan ain't gonna cut it. I guess I may just have to suck it up and eat the Gu.:scared::crazy2:

That actually sounds like it works out well!

Something I've never even thought of.. fueling up. What is Gu??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter