Official 2013 Disneyland Dumbo Double Dare, Half Marathon, 10k, and 5k Thread!

Doing the Family Fun 5k in August with friends and family! :wave2:

harpetj said:
I just did my first race at W&D and got hooked on Disney races. I want the
C2C for 2013 (doing W&D again 2013). Trying to get all the financial info lined up before presenting to my hubby. I know for the W&D there were discounted park tickets through Disney for racers/family. Is this the same for Disneyland races and does anyone know about what the prices might be? TIA!

There was discounted tickets last year.

Got out hotel Reservations today. Dumbo Double Dare here we come!

mickeysgal said:
Got out hotel Reservations today. Dumbo Double Dare here we come!

Where did you reserve? I still need to make mine.

As you start making your plans for the 2013 DLand Half and 10K and 5K and everything, just want to through this out as it would make a great trip to the race.

www.disneytimesweeps.com

It is the new contest for Disney. One trip for 4 each day in January. Your entry is only good for that day, so enter each day.

Good luck to all. if i cant win I hope it is a Dis-er. :)

RENThead09 said:
As you start making your plans for the 2013 DLand Half and 10K and 5K and everything, just want to through this out as it would make a great trip to the race.

www.disneytimesweeps.com

It is the new contest for Disney. One trip for 4 each day in January. Your entry is only good for that day, so enter each day.

Good luck to all. if i cant win I hope it is a Dis-er. :)

Sweet. Good luck!

Where did you reserve? I still need to make mine.

I made mine at the BW Park Place, it's right at the crosswalk. W/ a AAA card, it's $98.10 for a king or 2 doubles/queens. I saw a little better discount earlier if you have no car, but those are gone and before I could book that one, but keep an eye out ~ they opened some more for Tink weekend so hopefully they'll open some more.

kim3339 said:
I made mine at the BW Park Place, it's right at the crosswalk. W/ a AAA card, it's $98.10 for a king or 2 doubles/queens. I saw a little better discount earlier if you have no car, but those are gone and before I could book that one, but keep an eye out ~ they opened some more for Tink weekend so hopefully they'll open some more.

That's where I was looking to book too.

The DL half map is in the rundisney brochure. No cara land and very little DCA. More north backlot.

Just registered! so excited. The Tink Half was great last year, but 10Ks are more my style. See you all there.

Expo guy said 10k and dumbo medals are still being designed. I'm sure they will do another painful FB release.

Reep said:
Expo guy said 10k and dumbo medals are still being designed. I'm sure they will do another painful FB release.

Is the Tink medal the same?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

MotoXPrincess99 said:
Is the Tink medal the same?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I think so. They don't usually change until the 5th anniversary. The one at the expo looked the same.

Tentatively in here! If this weekend goes well, we are going to give C2C a shot. Madness!

Hoping get travel has the same awesome rates they did last year... I'd really like to stay at DL hotel.

Just signedup for the Dumbo Double Dare at the expo. We waited for about 20 minutes, but they said the line this morning was 2 hours to register! So excited to get 4 medals!

belle2211 said:
Just signedup for the Dumbo Double Dare at the expo. We waited for about 20 minutes, but they said the line this morning was 2 hours to register! So excited to get 4 medals!

Me too! It's going to be EPIC!

Can't wait to sign up! I want to do the Dumbo Double Dare, but I guess it depends on if I can take Friday off to fly out there or if I have to fly Friday night after work. Maybe I can find a kind soul if I can't fly until after work to pick up my packet for me. Look forward to seeing some people in August/September!

I registered for DDD!! and will be getting my C2C :) I need help on where to stay? on site? or off site? I have NO CLUE!! I could use marriott points at a Good neighbor Hotel..Are these hotels close to the park and easy to get to the race and expo? Or is it better to stay on site? HELP!! THANKS!

Can't wait to sign up! I want to do the Dumbo Double Dare, but I guess it depends on if I can take Friday off to fly out there or if I have to fly Friday night after work. Maybe I can find a kind soul if I can't fly until after work to pick up my packet for me. Look forward to seeing some people in August/September!
You can sign a waver to have someone else pick up your packet.
I registered for DDD!! and will be getting my C2C :) I need help on where to stay? on site? or off site? I have NO CLUE!! I could use marriott points at a Good neighbor Hotel..Are these hotels close to the park and easy to get to the race and expo? Or is it better to stay on site? HELP!! THANKS!

Some of the Good Neighbor hotels are closer to the gate than the Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier Hotel! I think there is a map on Disneyland's website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter