Official 2014 PHM & Glass Slipper "Where are you staying" thread!

Oh, I see I forgot to say mine, too.

I'm already listed at AKV (2 nights) but I also booked BLT (next 2 nights) and will be doing the PHM. princess:

Thanks, kappyfamily, for keeping this chart! :wave2:

This is how we did a split stay last time.... Started at BLT for 4 nights (in a 2 bdrm) then moved to a 2 bdrm at AKV. OHHHHH how we loved that trip!!!! Enjoy!

This is my third year running the Princess 1/2 and in my opinion the rooms have gotten so expensive in comparison to other years? Is it just me? It could be because I'm also in the process of finalizing our Disney cruise for this October but man . . . Looks like Pop for me this year!

This is my third year running the Princess 1/2 and in my opinion the rooms have gotten so expensive in comparison to other years? Is it just me? It could be because I'm also in the process of finalizing our Disney cruise for this October but man . . . Looks like Pop for me this year!

It's not just you - rates are really high. I'm doing Value at ASMo for the same reason. We'll be at BC in October and I just can't justify spending so much during my PHM stay when we'll just have been there several months prior. Crazy!!

It's not just you - rates are really high. I'm doing Value at ASMo for the same reason. We'll be at BC in October and I just can't justify spending so much during my PHM stay when we'll just have been there several months prior. Crazy!!

And, for DVC owners, this time of year is practically as many points as peak season - Christmas, Easter, Summer!!! I was truly bummed when I realized this after signing up for the PHM and finding out that they are not having discounts for participants on rooms or tickets..:confused3

kappyfamily - This is how we did a split stay last time.... Started at BLT for 4 nights (in a 2 bdrm) then moved to a 2 bdrm at AKV. OHHHHH how we loved that trip!!!! Enjoy!

Thanks! Unfortunately, our stays are only 2 nights each. Were you at BLT for the marathon? Did you take the monorail?

Thanks! Unfortunately, our stays are only 2 nights each. Were you at BLT for the marathon? Did you take the monorail?

I was at BLT for the 2012 Princess and there was no monorail before the race only after, so my husband drove me. BUT, this last February they added the monorail before the race so people were able to use it early. Should work out great!!!

I was at BLT for the 2012 Princess and there was no monorail before the race only after, so my husband drove me. BUT, this last February they added the monorail before the race so people were able to use it early. Should work out great!!!

Thanks! You had me worried for a minute because I was thinking the 2012 was this year's race :rolleyes:, but your second sentence was a relief!! :cheer2:

mickeymom629 said:
And, for DVC owners, this time of year is practically as many points as peak season - Christmas, Easter, Summer!!! I was truly bummed when I realized this after signing up for the PHM and finding out that they are not having discounts for participants on rooms or tickets..:confused3

What? I had no idea there were no discounts. This is definitely my last year running this race...

What? I had no idea there were no discounts. This is definitely my last year running this race...

There's still the possibility of General Public discounts on rooms, but yeah, I think the RunDisney race series has become so popular that no special incentives are required to attract participants. Waiting for October to see what, if any, GP discounts might be available.

I know..:( I don't think I would have signed up this year had I know beforehand. I participated in 2010 as a "bucket list" item and the discounts were such a bonus!! :dance3: I just assumed it was something that they always did.

I emailed RunDisney to ask why no discounts, but they didn't answer my question and told me to call Disney for rates.

I also asked them how many entrants they were allowing this year. They responded that they allow up to course capacity and the "wave" start with the corrals helps to disperse the crowd. Again, they didn't really answer my question, since "course capacity" has doubled since 2010 when I did it last.

So, I emailed again asking why no discounts and how many entrants...waiting to hear back.

mickeymom629 said:
I know..:( I don't think I would have signed up this year had I know beforehand. I participated in 2010 as a "bucket list" item and the discounts were such a bonus!! :dance3: I just assumed it was something that they always did.

I emailed RunDisney to ask why no discounts, but they didn't answer my question and told me to call Disney for rates.

I also asked them how many entrants they were allowing this year. They responded that they allow up to course capacity and the "wave" start with the corrals helps to disperse the crowd. Again, they didn't really answer my question, since "course capacity" has doubled since 2010 when I did it last.

So, I emailed again asking why no discounts and how many entrants...waiting to hear back.

I called about the # of participants as well and the cm told me it would be a "a couple thousand less." There were way too many runners last year..

I called about the # of participants as well and the cm told me it would be a "a couple thousand less." There were way too many runners last year..

Sooo happy to hear this!! I was in corral D in 2010. I can only imagine I'd be put in corral M this time and start after 9 a.m. :rotfl:

Kappyfamily, whenever you update again, please change my info to the following: Best Western Saratoga Resort Villas.

My family has decided to come along to cheer me on and we needed a pet-friendly facility that can house five in a room. We managed to score a 3 bedroom villa for a steal! :cool1:

Thanks!

We changed resorts! We were initially at Poly - really looking forward to that monorail to the start on PHM morning. But with all the construction issues and tikiman reporting that the volcano pool will go down in January, we switched to BWI CL. I'm a little concerned about giving up that monorail transport to the start, and my chEAR squad will only be able to see me around Epcot and at the finish now. But we know we love BWI CL, and we spend a good amount of time in Epcot, so I think it will work well for us. Just hoping there won't be any bus glitches on PHM morning (although those are possible with the monorail, too, I guess!)

P.S. Kappyfamily, thanks for the input on the resorts board!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter