Official 2016 5th Anniversary Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend!

Does anyone have any experience with morning-of packet pickup? I got a notification today that my flight is pushed back 3 hours and I'm not even getting into LAX until Friday at 8:00 pm. I called runDisney and they said it would be possible to get it the morning of the race. Has anyone else had to do this before?
I went with my friend to morning of packet pickup for Princess. You had to show up with your waiver and ID. If you are running the challenge you will also have to get your photo taken in addition to getting your packet at the expo. At least that's what she was told. I did not go with her for that part.

That stinks!!!

My BFF's husband did the morning-of packet pick-up for the WDW marathon, and it was fine. Make sure to bring your signed waiver and some form of ID. I think you can then go to the expo and grab your shirt(s).

I went with my friend to morning of packet pickup for Princess. You had to show up with your waiver and ID. If you are running the challenge you will also have to get your photo taken in addition to getting your packet at the expo. At least that's what she was told. I did not go with her for that part.

Thanks! Getting my picture taken at 4 am on a weekend. Lovely. So looking forward to that!

So excited we are leaving for the airport in a few hours!! We are staying the night in Vegas (because I like to make things complicated) and hope to be at the expo by noon tomorrow.

Thanks! Getting my picture taken at 4 am on a weekend. Lovely. So looking forward to that!
Sorry I wasn't clear. When you go to the expo for the rest of your packet (shirts, pre-ordered goodies, etc) they will take your picture.

I am so so so so jealous of all of you who get to go to the expo before 6pm on Thursday! Just hoping that the Dooney small crossbody bag and Pandora charm are still there!

Safe travels over the next few days everyone!
I just started packing. I don't fly out until Saturday. So I'm enjoying all the excitement of those of you leaving now!

Does anybody know if runDisney is doing anything special for the "Perfect" Tink runners?

Next year I hope to be perfect for Dumbo and then Dopey after that and I wanted to get an idea if runDisney celebrates 5 yrs or if they wait until 10.

Thanks!

Sorry I wasn't clear. When you go to the expo for the rest of your packet (shirts, pre-ordered goodies, etc) they will take your picture.

Ah gotcha! Getting my picture taken at at any point... So looking forward to that! Haha! :eek:

Does anybody know if runDisney is doing anything special for the "Perfect" Tink runners?

Next year I hope to be perfect for Dumbo and then Dopey after that and I wanted to get an idea if runDisney celebrates 5 yrs or if they wait until 10.

Thanks!
Disneyland legacy runners have special bibs last year, and I think special ribbons on their medals. I remember legacy runners for Wine & Dine got a spatula in 2014...LOL.

They could take that away at any time though. :confused3

CholzG3W0AEXpzJ.jpg

Please some one post photos here....I have no Facebook, instagram or other social media. I have been know to go off the "grid" for weeks at a time. Currently I am at "home" and have this little message board to distract me from doing other things.:)

If someone hasn't beaten me to it, I'll try to remember to do this tomorrow morning. Leaving in about 12 hours to make the 6-8 hour car ride. Our aim is to get there by the time Expo opens. My cat is having to go in the Disneyland kennel while my mom and I pick up our bibs (since we can't check into our hotel yet and I don't feel like playing musical chairs with the car to keep an eye on Riley) so I might be a little distracted and forget since I'll be rushing back to retrieve her as soon as we're done at Expo.

If anyone is walking from the Harbor side through security tomorrow morning around 9/10am, you might catch me and my kitty :). She's super friendly if you want to say hi (she's a harness and leash kind of cat). Hoping to free her by about noon and see if we can check in to our hotel early.

@joan4mickey Thanks :). Crossing my fingers she does okay. She's okay with dogs in general, but I still don't want to leave her for very long. Concerned the barking will get on her nerves too much.

@rjnauroth Thank you! Oh I am so excited now. Love the shirts!

My wife has taken my 2015 WDW Marathon and one of my Star Wars - Light Side shirts so I had told her she could have my Tinker Bell 10k shirt if she wanted. Now that I see the shirt, I think she'll be very happy with it and I won't be too disappointed parting with it. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter