"Official" 2016 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Trick or Treat Fun

Will Tickets to MNSSHP on Halloween Sell Out This Year before tickets did last year (8/3/15)-in 14D?

• Yes

Votes: 30 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 73 70.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jack is my only must M&G during the party. We also want to make sure we do the Monsters Inc dance party. My 6 year old doesn't like to wait in line but I already told him we need to wait for Jack since it is the only thing mommy wants to do and the rest of the trip is for him.

Tomorrows party is cancelled. I just got this email.

Thank you for your interest in Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Unfortunately, due to inclement weather, Thursday evening’s party has been canceled for the safety of our Guests and Cast Members. We apologize for this inconvenience and invite you to exchange your tickets for one of the following:

Tickets to attend another Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party*.
Tickets to attend an upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party*.
1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option*, to be used within the next two years.
Receive a full refund for Thursday's (October 6)tickets.
*Offer subject to availability

If you would like to rebook for an upcoming Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, please call 407-566-4985, option 5. We will be available from 9:00a.m. to 11:00p.m. (Eastern)and will be happy to assist you.

If you are interested in 1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option or a full refund, please take a picture of the front and back of your ticket and send an email to Guest.Experience@DisneyWorld.com. Be sure to include your name, daytime contact information and your preferred option. If your tickets are linked to a My Disney Experience account, please provide the number printed on the back of your MagicBand or the email address associated to your account.

Tomorrows party is cancelled. I just got this email.

Thank you for your interest in Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.

Unfortunately, due to inclement weather, Thursday evening’s party has been canceled for the safety of our Guests and Cast Members. We apologize for this inconvenience and invite you to exchange your tickets for one of the following:

Tickets to attend another Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party*.
Tickets to attend an upcoming Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party*.
1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option*, to be used within the next two years.
Receive a full refund for Thursday's (October 6)tickets.
*Offer subject to availability

If you would like to rebook for an upcoming Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, please call 407-566-4985, option 5. We will be available from 9:00a.m. to 11:00p.m. (Eastern)and will be happy to assist you.

If you are interested in 1 Day Magic Your Way Tickets with Park Hopper Option or a full refund, please take a picture of the front and back of your ticket and send an email to Guest.Experience@DisneyWorld.com. Be sure to include your name, daytime contact information and your preferred option. If your tickets are linked to a My Disney Experience account, please provide the number printed on the back of your MagicBand or the email address associated to your account.
We also got this email. We actually cancelled our Disney trip last night (were supposed to arrive Thursday around Noon) and Disney and DVC were great about it all with no fees. Unfortunately American Airlines still plans to fly our plane there in the morning so they want us to pay a $200 cancellation fee per person. Why would we fly into a hurricane??? Keeping our fingers crossed that they cancel the flight so we can get a refund. Such a bummer all around. Praying for everyone's safety.

So we decided to make the trip down this afternoon. Currently in a hotel on the FL/GA line. At the time, it still looked like the Hurricane would stay by shore but it is looking like it will come inland more - winds/rain. Then at almost 11p, I got the email about them cancelling thurs' party. bummer... We have to be in Orlando for a convention this weekend so we are keeping our plans and will arrive by noon thurs (today) way ahead of any major rains and wind. I am really hoping the system moves fast and is out of the area early Friday so that maybe they will keep the friday night party. Otherwise, we will get park hoppers and enjoy sunday. Wish we were staying til tues because then we could go monday night.

Unfortunately American Airlines still plans to fly our plane there in the morning so they want us to pay a $200 cancellation fee per person. Why would we fly into a hurricane??? Keeping our fingers crossed that they cancel the flight so we can get a refund. Such a bummer all around. Praying for everyone's safety.

Read through the Sentinel that Orlando airport is closed as of 10:30a thur. But now that I think of it, that might be for outgoing flights.

The number of tickets sold for the parties is a big mystery and everyone would like to know, since the sold out parties seem to get more and more crowded people speculate that Disney keeps increasing the amount of tickets for a sold out party.

Depending on how crowded your party is well determine the wait times.

Haunted mansion usually stays at a steady half hour due to the special party atmosphere.

I was at two parties this year, one very empty and one crowded but not sold out.

Peter pan was a walk-on for the empty and 20 minutes for the crowded. I think most rides will be walk ons or have short lines any party night with the exception of Peter pan, mine train and haunted mansion.

Thank you for responding! That's very helpful info about the ride waits.

We're hoping to go 10/30. I'm going to buy the tickets today. We have early morning fast passes that day for Peter Pan, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and 7DMT. I've been hemming and hawing about going early in the morning and then staying super late. There are no more 7DMT FPs available for our whole trip and I was trying to decide if we should risk it. It doesn't sound like we should.

I might be able to move around our other FPs. Now I just have to decide if I want to have a break in the middle of the day or go later in the day and be there a lot longer in one shot.

Today's party was supposed to be our first MNSSHP, it's a shame Mother Nature dumped a hurricane right on the tail-end of our trip, but I feel for and pray for those who've had devastating impacts already. I called last night and got a refund and have been on the road headed back to Georgia since 4am this morning. There are a lot of people heading north and a lot of power trucks heading south on I-75 today. I hope and pray that all those that decided to ride it out are safe and well. We bailed due to MNSSHP being our last park ticket, as we got our other park days in already, and Friday was supposed to be a beach day with us leaving Saturday. If I'm going to get rain and wind I might as well be in the comfort of my own home lol. Good luck everyone and hope the rest of your stay is good! :o

I'm sure someone already reported that the party for tonight is cancelled. They just posted it on the HUB here's a number to call to rebook or to get a refund
Guests may call (407) 566-4985, option 5, between 9:00am and 11:00pm (EST).

Thank you for responding! That's very helpful info about the ride waits.

We're hoping to go 10/30. I'm going to buy the tickets today. We have early morning fast passes that day for Peter Pan, Enchanted Tales with Belle, and 7DMT. I've been hemming and hawing about going early in the morning and then staying super late. There are no more 7DMT FPs available for our whole trip and I was trying to decide if we should risk it. It doesn't sound like we should.

I might be able to move around our other FPs. Now I just have to decide if I want to have a break in the middle of the day or go later in the day and be there a lot longer in one shot.

I am pretty confident in saying that 10/30 will sell out. So I think you made excellent FP+ choices.

If it were me, I'd be at MK at park opening. do your fastpasses, do any of the events that will be closed at the party that you want to do (like tiki room or Carousel of Progress). I would leave at noon, either have lunch at your resort or before you leave. Then you have a nice long break and go back to arrive at 4.

I am pretty confident in saying that 10/30 will sell out. So I think you made excellent FP+ choices.

If it were me, I'd be at MK at park opening. do your fastpasses, do any of the events that will be closed at the party that you want to do (like tiki room or Carousel of Progress). I would leave at noon, either have lunch at your resort or before you leave. Then you have a nice long break and go back to arrive at 4.

Ooooh, thats a good suggestion! I'm stupid because I didn't think to juggle my other non-fast pass stuff to the afternoon and leave by 12. I was still thinking of cramming it all in the morning. So yesterday afternoon I swapped my earliest fast pass for Peter Pan at 9:00 am to after 7DMT at 12:20. I could swap it back to 8:30 or plan to leave around 1:00, which would still give us a decent break.

With all this talk about meeting jack sparrow lately, last night I had a dream that I was at the party and we decided to leave the first parade to get in line for Jack. Haha! 10 more days!!!

Hoping Matthew doesn't loop back as shown in some hurricane models. I'm in south Florida and right now we're already getting the outer bands. Stay safe y'all.

Friday's party is now canceled

Yes, thanks for update. Disney has now updated website.

EDIT:
On Disney Website:
October 06, 2016

Theme Parks, Water Parks, ESPN Wide World of Sport, Miniature Golf & Disney Springs closing at 5 p.m. today, not operating tomorrow

Based on the most recent forecasts for Hurricane Matthew, Walt Disney World theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs, miniature golf courses and ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will all be closed today by 5 p.m. and will remain closed through Friday, Oct. 7.

Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom Theme Park is also canceled for tonight and tomorrow.

Today's party was supposed to be our first MNSSHP, it's a shame Mother Nature dumped a hurricane right on the tail-end of our trip, but I feel for and pray for those who've had devastating impacts already. I called last night and got a refund and have been on the road headed back to Georgia since 4am this morning. There are a lot of people heading north and a lot of power trucks heading south on I-75 today. I hope and pray that all those that decided to ride it out are safe and well. We bailed due to MNSSHP being our last park ticket, as we got our other park days in already, and Friday was supposed to be a beach day with us leaving Saturday. If I'm going to get rain and wind I might as well be in the comfort of my own home lol. Good luck everyone and hope the rest of your stay is good! :o

I sent an email to get a refund for tonight's party (per the instructions in the email WDW sent me last night). When you called and cancelled, did they tell you how long it may be to get the refund?

We also got this email. We actually cancelled our Disney trip last night (were supposed to arrive Thursday around Noon) and Disney and DVC were great about it all with no fees. Unfortunately American Airlines still plans to fly our plane there in the morning so they want us to pay a $200 cancellation fee per person. Why would we fly into a hurricane??? Keeping our fingers crossed that they cancel the flight so we can get a refund. Such a bummer all around. Praying for everyone's safety.

We cancelled our trip last night as well. Delta wasn't much better, the first person I talked to said no problem with a refund, but there was a credit card problem and the next two people I talked to said no to the refund (we were supposed to land at 4:30). We do have a credit that must be booked by 10/12 though or we have to pay the $200 fee as well.

I sent an email to get a refund for tonight's party (per the instructions in the email WDW sent me last night). When you called and cancelled, did they tell you how long it may be to get the refund?
I sent the email also but haven't heard anything back. Did you get a confirmation email back from them?

Just arrived home at about midnight last night and our first MNSSHP, Tues 4th was great. We aren't much for character meets so we focused on rides, trick or treating, Hallowishes and the parade. The kids, my sister and I all had a great time. We were able to get a lot of the rides done which turned out great because we missed a half day we had planned for MK the next day due to the fact we decided to leave a day early to get ahead of the evacuation traffic.

For those of you who haven't done anything with your thur or fri tix yet, we got 1 day park hoppers for ours. We had to request them because the first response was to give us a refund. The park hoppers are actually good for life according to the CM. They stay in the system until we are ready to use them. Once we get the physical tix, then they expire in 1 yr.

We took a chance this morning and purchased another set of MNSSHP for fri, before they canceled it. Really was hoping the storm would pass through more quickly. And we knew we could get park hoppers for them if they did cancel. With park hoppers going for $160 for a single day, this was a really good exchange! Especially since our thurs tix were DVC, so they were even lower.

so - we are currently at boardwalk, waiting out the hurricance. Hopefully not too much property damage so that we can enjoy sat-monday. We may stay for monday's party but not sure yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter