Official 2018 HHN-28 Thread

9/26/18 HHN w/o EP - are we making a mistake?

We (DH, DD(17) and I) will be at Universal the last full week on Sept staying at PBH. I was really bummed to learn there were no HHN nights scheduled during our stay until last week when DD asked me why the parks were closing so early on one of our days. Turns out that another date was added and I immediately bought tix for all of us. After reading this thread, I’m now a bit concerned that we won’t have EPs. We’ll be spoiled with having our unlimited EPs during the day, but the projected crowd levels (for the parks) don’t seem too high. Am I wrong to assume the same for HHN. Does anyone have thoughts on how busy this date will be (based on historical data)? Is it possible to upgrade a regular HHN ticket with EP? I’m not a horror movie fan, but my DH and my DD *love* them and will want to see as much as possible. Any suggestions/ideas/input would be great.

Wednesday’s are not as slammed as the weekends.

You have a few options.

1. You can wait till you get there to see how busy it is then buy EP if needed.

2. Since you will have daytime park tickets. You can be in the park before it closes at 5 pm to those who do not have HHN tickets. You can go to one of the Stay and Scream areas and be released to the houses before the people who are waiting at gate get in.

3. Buy the RIP TOUR for each of you it is a awesome deal for that evening. You are in a tour (of 10 to 12 people) guide who will take you front of line of all the houses, there are finger foods and Halloween desserts at Cafe LaBamba prior to tour starting. You get a tour lanyard and after the tour you use your tour lanyard card for unlimited express for the rides that are open. All the information on the cost of tour is on the website with all the information of the extras you get with the tour. Compare the price of RIP with Express.

No matter what you choose Have a great time pixiedust:

Thanks so much for this info. Do you know if the it's possible to upgrade a single day HHN ticket to a RIP tour ticket?

Rip public tours are a good way to see all ten houses and all scare zones

They can be booked for specific dates.

The tours start at different times and you have a choice which time start you want

Nice that they added the two Wednesday’s in September.......19 and 26th...

I was looking up some info for family yesterday and noticed they have HHN closing at different times during the event on this new calendar.

View attachment 346143

I saw this! The only thing bad about this is it directly contradicts my rope drop lifestyle.

I think I'm a bit too old to stay out til 2 am and then rope drop the next morning.

Last edited:
I saw this! The only thing bad about this is it directly contradicts my rope drop lifestyle.

I think I'm a bit too to stay out til 2 am and then rope drop the next morning.

Lol.......that’s one of the reasons we’re not interested in doing RIP tours........we couldn’t be that long in the park and burn the candle at both ends..........

I’m not 19 any more!!! And it shows.......::yes::

I think I'm a bit too old to stay out til 2 am and then rope drop the next morning.

I am going to do my best to get DS to stay up until closing to do the whole RIP Tour Friday night. Don't feel like you have to though. I had already given up on the idea of hitting rope drop or early entry on Saturday. We have EP and will just use that. I told him that we have to make it to the park to have lunch with you guys though:) Unfortunately, we get in Thursday night at 9:20pm. I am hoping we can get to bed by 11pm, because Friday morning was really the only day that we could do Early Entry at Volcano Bay. Luckily, early entry at VB will probably be at 9am. I am hoping to take a nap before hitting the park Friday night. I don't think we will stay until park closing at HHN Saturday & Sunday.

We love the RIP tour and was so happy that they opened up the 19th of Sept! We booked the 7PM tour, it usually takes 4.5 hours, so we are done around 11:30PM. After that we hit one or two rides and then we are pooped and head back to HRH.

I can't remember the last time I stayed up till 2AM!

Question - we are going on nov 1, but now dh is orried about people sneaking up on him...he is a combat veteran.

Would it be a good idea to put something on the back of his shirt? Something simple like - combat veteran in glow in the dark htv?

Thank you and your husband for his service. My children are both Marines. DS just got back from a tour in Afghanistan and does not like strangers at his back in restaurants, bars and movie theaters. I understand your situation.

As the above poster mentioned the scare actors are not allowed to touch you in the houses or in the park. I was accidentally brushed once by a zombie, it was an accident and has not happened again.

They do come up behind your, beside you and in your face in the scare zones in the park.

I think it's a good idea to watch some Utube video's of this years event, so you can get a good idea of what happens. Then your DH can decide if he can handle it :)

Nice that they added the two Wednesday’s in September.......19 and 26th...

I was looking up some info for family yesterday and noticed they have HHN closing at different times during the event on this new calendar.

View attachment 346143

We changed our flight so we could also go on the 09/19 event. We had the Rush of Fear with Express tickets, so it was so nice to get another day at HHN for no additional cost. :)

Thank you and your husband for his service. My children are both Marines. DS just got back from a tour in Afghanistan and does not like strangers at his back in restaurants, bars and movie theaters. I understand your situation.

As the above poster mentioned the scare actors are not allowed to touch you in the houses or in the park. I was accidentally brushed once by a zombie, it was an accident and has not happened again.

They do come up behind your, beside you and in your face in the scare zones in the park.

I think it's a good idea to watch some Utube video's of this years event, so you can get a good idea of what happens. Then your DH can decide if he can handle it :)

Thanks for being a Military Mamma!

We have been watching youtube videos and he's pretty excited, so hopefully that will outweigh everthing else. We have tickets, so I guess we shall see how this goes!

I just read somewhere that the only food option open during Stay & Scream is Finnegan's. Is that correct? No Fast Food Blvd? I also heard that Finnegan's will not take reservations during S&S this year, just first come/first serve. Looking at their online reservations, that looks to be the case. Is Fast Food Blvd open for food during the event? Trying to plan out food. I don't want to waste too much time eating during the event. Plus, DS is terribly picky, and I am not sure if we will any of the special food offerings. I too am shocked at the thought of a kid who might not like the pizza fries, or even possibly the donuts on a stick:sad2: He doesn't even really like plain fries. I am very much looking forward to trying these though. I would tell him to suck it up, but I don't want to have to put up with the crankiness that will ensue from not eating, especially if we are trying to stay out later than normal.

Has anyone got any ideas of a strategy, like which houses you plan to hit first and which order to try and minimise waits? I was thinking of doing stay and scream, hitting stranger things and poltergeist and then heading towards the back of the park to get those houses at minimal waits (accepting this means we will have to skip some of the ones near the entrance as we won't have EP). Does this sound like a sensible idea? just curious what other people plan on doing :-) anyone else going the first night on Friday 14th Sept?

Oh and given the map, does anyone know/have a good guess which house the holding area at Finnegan's will be for? sorry for all the questions I'm a bit new to this.

Has anyone got any ideas of a strategy, like which houses you plan to hit first and which order to try and minimise waits? I was thinking of doing stay and scream, hitting stranger things and poltergeist and then heading towards the back of the park to get those houses at minimal waits (accepting this means we will have to skip some of the ones near the entrance as we won't have EP). Does this sound like a sensible idea? just curious what other people plan on doing :-) anyone else going the first night on Friday 14th Sept?

Oh and given the map, does anyone know/have a good guess which house the holding area at Finnegan's will be for? sorry for all the questions I'm a bit new to this.

We fly home on the 15th, so I’m planning to attend on the 14th but haven’t purchased my ticket yet. I’m waiting to purchase my ticket closer to the date so that I can see the forecasted weather. Also, because RIP isn’t available, I will be buying the EP if I go. DW doesn’t do haunted houses, so I will be doing HHNs solo. If the weather is bad (too hot or too wet) or EPs sell out, I won’t be going.

I just read somewhere that the only food option open during Stay & Scream is Finnegan's. Is that correct? No Fast Food Blvd? I also heard that Finnegan's will not take reservations during S&S this year, just first come/first serve. Looking at their online reservations, that looks to be the case. Is Fast Food Blvd open for food during the event? Trying to plan out food. I don't want to waste too much time eating during the event. Plus, DS is terribly picky, and I am not sure if we will any of the special food offerings. I too am shocked at the thought of a kid who might not like the pizza fries, or even possibly the donuts on a stick:sad2: He doesn't even really like plain fries. I am very much looking forward to trying these though. I would tell him to suck it up, but I don't want to have to put up with the crankiness that will ensue from not eating, especially if we are trying to stay out later than normal.

I thought the Simpsons fast food boulevard was open last year.

We'll have to check reports from this year to make sure.

So how does the private rip tour work? You said you might not make it until 2? Does that tour last the whole night? I know the public one doesn't.

And we might have to rework some of our plans :(

Brian and I were going to fly out of Dallas so his mom could watch the dog, but I'm sick of driving 7 hours right before and after vacation so we found really cheap flights out of Kansas City. Only problem is we're now leaving at 7 am Saturday. I'm wondering if we should even go to sleep.

I'm going to have to pm you.

Latest picture of Twisted Tradition scare zone...……

Picture from Bioreconstruct…………

HHN%20Bioreconstruct-XL.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter