"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

@FoxC63 Did you send that? Nicely put.
I too stated "Bait and Switch" in my email and the fact that many sites/bloggers had the party listed with parade view, and many CM's verified to those of us that called questioning..
I think that is why he kept stating it wasn't suppose to be listed in the first place. (Again, I figured as much, since it was taken away. :))
Anyway, I am just glad that Disney knows this was an error, and are making it right for us. I am curious how they do it, but as long as I have a spot for the parade, that is all I wanted. This may be my last MNSSHP for awhile (1st time for my teenagers), and since it will be Blogger madness, excited it worked out,,,

@FoxC63 Did you send that? Nicely put.
I too stated "Bait and Switch" in my email and the fact that many sites/bloggers had the party listed with parade view, and many CM's verified to those of us that called questioning..
I think that is why he kept stating it wasn't suppose to be listed in the first place. (Again, I figured as much, since it was taken away. :))
Anyway, I am just glad that Disney knows this was an error, and are making it right for us. I am curious how they do it, but as long as I have a spot for the parade, that is all I wanted. This may be my last MNSSHP for awhile (1st time for my teenagers), and since it will be Blogger madness, excited it worked out,,,

Questions
Where is the parade viewing location
Which parade is it for
What time do we need to arrive at said location
Do we check in at the Tomorrowland Terrace first to get our dessert wristbands or go directly to the parade location to get them there

So many questions. The biggest one is depending on which parade this is for and how it will impact my itinerary.

Questions
Where is the parade viewing location
Which parade is it for
What time do we need to arrive at said location
Do we check in at the Tomorrowland Terrace first to get our dessert wristbands or go directly to the parade location to get them there

So many questions. The biggest one is depending on which parade this is for and how it will impact my itinerary.

I have the plaza garden viewing booked, which also had the wording that made it seem as though we would get parade viewing in it. I haven't contacted anyone, and was planning to cancel our reservation anyway for other reasons, but would consider keeping it if we got the parade viewing. Should I bother contacting? Or is this mostly for the terrace folks?

I was not among those who emailed a few days ago. After reading the response Disney has had to your emails, I have sent my own. I pointed out that this is the second time this has happened to me recently (the other time being the special dining event next month that I had booked and paid for, which was cancelled without anyone even notifying me). I expressed in my email my profound disappointment with the lack of notification of changes after guests have booked and paid for these special experiences. I said that I understood anything booked was subject to change, but it was poor form for Disney to make major changes without notifying guests. I'll report back if I receive a response. I hope I will.

I have the plaza garden viewing booked, which also had the wording that made it seem as though we would get parade viewing in it. I haven't contacted anyone, and was planning to cancel our reservation anyway for other reasons, but would consider keeping it if we got the parade viewing. Should I bother contacting? Or is this mostly for the terrace folks?

Honestly, I did see your earlier post when you questioned if you should keep it or book the other dessert party. You mentioned Touring Plans ranking your night at MNSSHP at #10. Again, grain of salt. TP is actually talking about crowds for RIDES and not the total amount of people that plan on attending the party. Having said that, I would look more closely at your itinerary. Are you there mainly for the rides? If so, the dessert party has the potential to take time away from you, a big chunk of time. Touring Plans is suggesting you will have a much smoother time going ride to ride with minimal wait.

Honestly, I did see your earlier post when you questioned if you should keep it or book the other dessert party. You mentioned Touring Plans ranking your night at MNSSHP at #10. Again, grain of salt. TP is actually talking about crowds for RIDES and not the total amount of people that plan on attending the party. Having said that, I would look more closely at your itinerary. Are you there mainly for the rides? If so, the dessert party has the potential to take time away from you, a big chunk of time. Touring Plans is suggesting you will have a much smoother time going ride to ride with minimal wait.
We are mostly there for rides and trick or treating, but we do want to catch all of the evening entertainment (the Hocus Pocus show, parade and fireworks). That said, we fully plan to be there for the entire event, so we can catch the later parade and a later Hocus Pocus show when it'll be less busy.

No one can predict what response you will get. My reading of the pre-6/18 website was that parade viewing wasn't included in the Garden, but was included in the Terrace.

One thing to note... If you are doing the garden view, doing a parade before hand will really limit how much time you have to eat the desserts (if that matters to you). You actually might have *no* time to eat desserts at all.

They might be willing to give you the parade viewing to appease you, but again, I would think carefully if doing the parade viewing and then the garden dessert party makes sense. It will depend on how much time, if any, you want to eat desserts... If you don't care about eating any desserts, it could work.

Last edited:
Speaking of timing, I am not sure how this is going to work...

- The parade starts at 9:15pm.

- Time to train station ~ 20-25 min. Parade lasts ~15 min. (so the parade is finished near train station @ 9:50-9:55pm.

- The dessert parties open at 8:45pm for Garden view and 9:15pm for the terrace to start gorging on desserts. We will be at least 30 mins late to the eating fest (over an hour late for Garden).

- Fireworks are at 10:15pm.

I think this is why they are not offering the parade viewing.

In 2016, when the parade viewing was included the first parade was at 8:30pm. The first parade moved to 9:15 last year, when they dropped the parade viewing.

There really isn't enough time to do the parade and have time to eat desserts... especially for Garden view.

We, me included, should really consider whether the parade viewing is actually feasible with the party.

Last edited:
We are mostly there for rides and trick or treating, but we do want to catch all of the evening entertainment (the Hocus Pocus show, parade and fireworks). That said, we fully plan to be there for the entire event, so we can catch the later parade and a later Hocus Pocus show when it'll be less busy.

Based on what your saying ^ I would forego the dessert party and focus on your itinerary. The other events you're planning sound much more important and fun.

Speaking of timing, I am not sure how this is going to work...

And you're assuming WDW is offering the first parade. What if it's the second parade...

Check-in (an hour and a half before the fireworks) 9:45
Fireworks 10:15 done by 10:30+/-
Second Parade starts at 11:15

This works however, those seeking to "walk-on rides" typically know the best time is during the second parade.

And you're assuming WDW is offering the first parade. What if it's the second parade...

Yep, that works. Not that it means anything, but in 2016, it was the first parade with the dessert party. I'm sure they only dropped the parade viewing from this because it doesn't work, time-wise.

My party isn't until Oct 14, so there is plenty of time to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:
I think Touring Plans is going to get slapped again if they don't update their predictions. I don't think they were aware WDW had plans to enhance riders experience which may result in longer lines. I don't recall ever waiting for Tea Cups and now that it's a glow in the dark haven who knows what it will be like during the parties! Pirates of the Caribbean a fan favorite with a 10-15 minute wait+/- I'm sure we can double that on a sold out party. And Space Mountain who wouldn't want to be elevated to new music and special effects! Just taking a guess, but I'd say at least 15-20 minutes there during a sold out party. If WDW adds anymore enhancements, which I'm all for, I foresee long lines at more attractions.

Wow, it's good that Disney is attempting to honor this. I booked the package with terrace viewing back on 6/1. I will wait patiently to see if I am contacted about it. I am still not sure I will keep the party since we did it last year, but the parade was a big reason I actually booked it again this year.
Did you send an email? Seems only those that reached out are being contacted.

Seeing how WDW is closing the park at 6pm there is no excuse why they couldn't move the parade times back to what is was in 2016. That would solve so much more than just the dessert party fiasco.

Hopefully we won't be submitted to this again next year o_O

No one can predict what response you will get. My reading of the pre-6/18 website was that parade viewing wasn't included in the Garden, but was included in the Terrace.

One thing to note... If you are doing the garden view, doing a parade before hand will really limit how much time you have to eat the desserts (if that matters to you).

They might be willing to give you the parade viewing to appease you, but again, I would think carefully if doing the parade viewing and then the garden dessert party makes sense. It will depend on how much time you want to eat desserts...

The big unknown is what time the first parade will be. In 2016 it was at 8:30 because viewing was part of the package. They will either have to do that again, in which case they might as well offer it in the package or it will need to be for the 2nd parade.
We can't be talking about more than a handful of people this is impacting on any given night so I'm very curious to see how this plays out.

One thing to note... If you are doing the garden view, doing a parade before hand will really limit how much time you have to eat the desserts (if that matters to you). You actually might have *no* time to eat desserts at all.

They might be willing to give you the parade viewing to appease you, but again, I would think carefully if doing the parade viewing and then the garden dessert party makes sense. It will depend on how much time, if any, you want to eat desserts... If you don't care about eating any desserts, it could work.
Unless I’m missing something, i don’t see confirmed times for Boo to You yet, so it’s possible it may start earlier like it did in 2016 when the parade viewing was included?

ETA I also find it odd that the parade times have not been released yet.....

The big unknown is what time the first parade will be. In 2016 it was at 8:30 because viewing was part of the package. They will either have to do that again, in which case they might as well offer it in the package or it will need to be for the 2nd parade.
We can't be talking about more than a handful of people this is impacting on any given night so I'm very curious to see how this plays out.

It'll be 9:15. They are not going to change the parade time for the few of us who complained. I'm sure the parade time is why they dropped it from the Terrace party early this week. They probably realized (like last year), it's impossible to work out. I forget why the changed the parade time last year, but they have kept it later across MNSSHP and MVMCP and there was a specific reason why they wanted it later.

But yeah, it's possible that those who complained can get viewing for the 2nd parade... That won't work for me (young kids), but if that is their offer/solution, I am still happy with the resolution.

Last edited:
Hi all. After last year's experience at MNSSHP where we spent the majority of the party in line to meet Moana for over 3 hours, I wasn't planning on doing it again. It was very crowded, and I later discovered that our late September Tuesday night party had in fact sold out. Anyway, we did a 2nd party on a rainy Friday night at the end of our trip that was much less crowded. We met Jack & Sally, ate at BOG, saw some if Hallowishes from 7DMT, and had tempered our expectations, so it wasn't as big of a disappointment. I wasn't planning on going again since neither party really lived up to my expectations and other things like EMM & HEA Dessert Party were much more enjoyable for us. Now that I am reading about some of the updates, I am second guessing my decision. Are they going to upgrade Hallowishes, or add more projections? If so, I would definitely consider giving it another shot. The blogs I read today did not specifically mention Hallowishes or Boo To You by name. Does that imply changes/updates are coming to those as well? I would really like to meet the 7 Dwarves...

Unless I’m missing something, i don’t see confirmed times for Boo to You yet, so it’s possible it may start earlier like it did in 2016 when the parade viewing was included?

It hasn't been confirmed -- I don't think we learn that until much, much closer to the first party. But to me at least, everything points to 9:15pm again this year.

In regard to the bait and switch comments
I do believe their disclaimer covers them as long as they notify people of the change. All they really needed to do here was contact anybody who purchased before the website change, notify parade is not included and offer a refund and maybe a little pixie dust for good measure. Some people would cancel, some would be okay with the change and some wouldn't have even noticed it was included in the first place.
I'm honestly pretty confused with how they're dealing with this. I'm anxious for my call back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter