"Official" 2018 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - A Spooktacular Celebration!

How reliable is this Attraction site in terms of accuracy of dates? I would imagine any site selling tickets wouldn't start selling them unless they heard from Disney what the dates would be.

I was hoping Aug 21st would be a party due to the early closing, but it looks like it isnt? We may be forced to go to the 17th instead...

I am right there with you!

Yeah... This just happens to land during a time we will be down there. Usually we can never go because my wife is a teacher. I'd prefer to go during a week day than a friday night when it is likely to be much more busier.

Yeah... This just happens to land during a time we will be down there. Usually we can never go because my wife is a teacher. I'd prefer to go during a week day than a friday night when it is likely to be much more busier.
I am also a teacher and was feeling good about getting to go to a party! I was hoping to see EMH at HS on the 17th (like they have on Fridays in July) so I’m waiting to see how this officially rolls out. My plans are a bit of a mess now lol. Fortunately no ADR changes though. (Yet?) I think I’ll still do the party on the 17th. HS will be a zoo no matter what happens.

Just saw this posted on Facebook in a group I’m in, I don’t know how accurate it is, but wanted to share.

Uk site Attraction Tickets Direct now has tickets available for MNSSHP and MVMCP dates are as follows:-

MNSSHP: August 17,24,28,31
September 3,7,9,11,14,16,18,21,23,25,28,30 October 2,4,5,8,9,11,14,16,18,21,23,25,31

MVMCP: November 8,9,12,13,15,16,25,27,29,30
December 2,4,6,7,9,11,13,14,16,18,20,21

Ooh I hope this is accurate! My (tenative) plans included attending parties on September 7, 9, and 11 so that would be great if I don't have to move any ADR's around!

I don’t think these dates are surprising given past party dates. And, maybe they are just going off of past dates...But, would anyone recommend buying from this site? I would think Disney will announce soon if sites like this are already selling.

I don’t think these dates are surprising given past party dates. And, maybe they are just going off of past dates...But, would anyone recommend buying from this site? I would think Disney will announce soon if sites like this are already selling.

I agree, I had those picked as probable party dates when I originally came up with my park plan last summer lol. I am just glad to see that they may be getting closer to officially announcing the dates and releasing the tickets for purchase!

I would be cautious as the dates list also includes the dates the Night of Joy is supposed to be that may move back to MK.

Would they really be going off past dates? Everyone was assuming that since the 21st of August was an early closing, that it would be a party night. However, according to this site, it isn't listed as a party night. This would lead me to believe that they have more concrete information than the rest of us because if they were going by past dates then it would list the 21st.

If you line up for Jack and Sally right at 4, you’ll be among the first to meet them (they’ve historically started meeting at 5). Then head immediately to the dwarfs. The line will have built some by then (their line starts forming around 5 as they’ve historically stated meeting at 6:15), but you should be in a good position to meet them close to 7, when the party “officially” starts. You’ll then have the rest of the night for shows, rides and trick or treating.
Okay thank you! I’m thinking jack and sally and the dwarves are the only characters I’m super interested in. We just did after hours at mk so dh and I won’t be doing the party for rides. We may ride a couple but that will be about it.

Halloween is the first party to sell out, like was said above, but a lot of parties do sell out. I've done Halloween night before, and while it's crowded, it's no more crowded than any other sellout night, since they sell a fixed quantity of tickets (it's just more expensive, you'll pay about $20 more for the privilege of attending on the 31st). I think it does depend on your goals for the party. You'll still be able to catch HalloWishes and the parade, especially the 2nd parade. If you want to do a bunch of rides with low wait times, you'll find that the wait times are still pretty decent, though not as good as a non-sellout night. If your goal is to meet a bunch of rare characters, you'll wait a bit more.

If it was choice between Halloween night and another night, I'd probably do the other night. If it's a choice between Halloween night and no party at all, I'd do the party, especially if you've never gone before. The live entertainment is pretty amazing, along with seeing the park decorated. I wouldn't miss it! If you had to prioritize, do not miss the parade, but see the 2nd one at 11:15pm (hit rides during the first parade, you'll walk on a lot of stuff). Get a good seat for HalloWishes and see that. If you want to see characters, pick one or two, but don't spend your night waiting in line. Be sure to ride HM a few times; I think the best part of the park to just wander around in and take in the scenery is Main Street, then Liberty Square. Watch the 2nd parade from Frontierland, so you can see it as early as possible, then quick do a few more rides. The park really starts to empty out after HalloWishes, so if you're committed to stay until Midnight (and you can eat/shop Main Street until at least 12:30am), I think you can still have a great time on Halloween night.
We currently are debating between doing 2 Halloween parties or the 2 course challenge for run Disney. I was hoping for a November 1 or 2 party because we will most likely arrive 10/30 and I’m not sure if we would be able to go to a party that day.

Thank you for help with seeing parades and fireworks! I took a screen shot to help me plan lol. Dh and I will probably stay in the park until they kick us out!

How reliable is this Attraction site in terms of accuracy of dates? I would imagine any site selling tickets wouldn't start selling them unless they heard from Disney what the dates would be.

I was hoping Aug 21st would be a party due to the early closing, but it looks like it isnt? We may be forced to go to the 17th instead...
Someone stated on this post that last year this particular site did not sell tickets for all of the parties, so there may be additional party dates that they aren’t selling.

Someone stated on this post that last year this particular site did not sell tickets for all of the parties, so there may be additional party dates that they aren’t selling.

I was thinking that might be the case and I sure hope it is.

Thanks! Good to know. I'll just wait until the official announcement from Disney before potentially moving any ADRs around.

I ran and made a backup for the dinner that I would have to move. I hate having multiple ADRs for one restaurant, though. I'm not a hoarder! :D

I ran and made a backup for the dinner that I would have to move. I hate having multiple ADRs for one restaurant, though. I'm not a hoarder! :D

That isn't a bad idea. I will take a look and see if I can schedule what I had on the 17th on the 21st as well in case it falls through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter