"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking at going to the very last date. Any idea how fast it will sell out? Before May?
Thanks

Last year, the last party (Friday 12/21) sold out on 12/19. In 2017, the last party (Friday 12/22) sold out on 12/6. In 2016, the last party (Thursday 12/22) sold out on 11/29.

And for something to make everyone sad, last party prices were $99, $109, $125 (2016-2018) and now $139 this year.

FWIW!

We are looking at going to the very last date. Any idea how fast it will sell out? Before May?
Thanks

This is the date we're looking at as well - personally we just purchased our tickets. With SWGE opening in August and the last party typically being the Friday before the weekend leading into Christmas, this one is think is going to be a doozy since the last party is now on a Sunday leading into Christmas week, kids would already be on winter school break, and families like me that would otherwise be missing the last Christmas party will be going. :)

What will be the fastest way to get from MK back to BC after the party? DH suggested Uber/Minnie Van from the Contemporary but I would think they would all be lined up at MK waiting for people coming out?

Got our tickets for December 10th, we will be there till the 15th and were hoping to spend a few nights at Magic Kingdom, but since there's parties all week, we may end up getting tickets for the 12th or 13th as well. We have never been for Christmas, so we are very excited!

This is the date we're looking at as well - personally we just purchased our tickets. With SWGE opening in August and the last party typically being the Friday before the weekend leading into Christmas, this one is think is going to be a doozy since the last party is now on a Sunday leading into Christmas week, kids would already be on winter school break, and families like me that would otherwise be missing the last Christmas party will be going. :)

Same! We have never visited WDW during Christmas season before, and I was disappointed that we weren't going to be there for MVMCP due to arriving after the last party (based on previous years). I was very excited to see that the last party this year is on Sunday 12/22! YAAAY! So I bought our tickets right away, partly out of sheer excitement. :-) I agree with ErinsMommy that there may be lots of people with similar situations -- those who arrive too late for the Friday party but in time for the Sunday party (I feel like there will be lots of folks arriving very late Friday through mid-day Sunday) -- and so this date could potentially sell out sooner than others, once those folks realize there's a Sunday party.

Bought our tickets yesterday for the 14th!! Now, I'm struggling because I had originally thought we'd go on the 15th (a Friday), but changed my mind right before getting the tickets. Please convince me I made the right call! (Or not?)

Bought our tickets yesterday for the 14th!! Now, I'm struggling because I had originally thought we'd go on the 15th (a Friday), but changed my mind right before getting the tickets. Please convince me I made the right call! (Or not?)

i would think a Thursday would be better than a Friday.

I think that’s definitely the right choice. For pretty much every event at Disney, the week day/night dates are almost always better than the weekend. Same event, but less crowded and not as crazy.

Went last year and just about every attraction was open, hope that helps! When you get there they give you a map to let you know where the character meets and food are! If you are going to a party other then the first one, you should be able to find whats going to be where ahead of time, someone or Disney possibly will be posting the map and where everything will be!
I agree. We've been multiple times and just about every attraction is open and all of the main attractions are open.

We did exactly this. I think it makes sense. See you on the 14th!

We also bought tickets for the 14th in hopes it will be less crowded than the 15th. Can't wait!!!

What will be the fastest way to get from MK back to BC after the party? DH suggested Uber/Minnie Van from the Contemporary but I would think they would all be lined up at MK waiting for people coming out?
We were unable to get a Minnie Van after the last party in 2017 (kept searching and never found one). Ended up just taking the bus back to our resort (POFQ). You may have better luck with a regular Lyft from the CR, but I wouldn’t count on a Minnie Van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter