"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought Party tix for my family on 10/31. We are very excited but hoping it’s not crazy crowded since it will be our first Party ever. We’ve done After Hours events and enjoyed those. Would really like to experience the attractions with overlays but trick or treating, parade and fireworks are the top priorities. Is it realistic to think we can accomplish all of that during the party? Or would we have to sacrifice one or more of those since it’s actually Halloween that night and will probably sell out?

Just bought Party tix for my family on 10/31. We are very excited but hoping it’s not crazy crowded since it will be our first Party ever. We’ve done After Hours events and enjoyed those. Would really like to experience the attractions with overlays but trick or treating, parade and fireworks are the top priorities. Is it realistic to think we can accomplish all of that during the party? Or would we have to sacrifice one or more of those since it’s actually Halloween that night and will probably sell out?
I think Halloween is the most crowded party. We have gone to 2 parties both in August and we never get on all the rides and trick or treat and see the shows/parades.

I hope to be heading to Disney World in October and am wondering if there are dinner (or desert) packages that allow you to be up front for Fireworks during the party. Are there any packages that allow you to get close enough to get a great view of Jack?

Super excited - we had to reschedule our May trip to September, so now we're planning to go the party at least one night! What do you think is an absolute MUST DO during the party for someone who had never been?

Super excited - we had to reschedule our May trip to September, so now we're planning to go the party at least one night! What do you think is an absolute MUST DO during the party for someone who had never been?
We did the same! Well, rescheduled early June for late August and now we are doing a Halloween Party too! We have never been to one before and are so excited. It makes having to reschedule a little easier:)

The Hocus Pocus show was the highlight of the party for me. As far as characters, Donald and Daisy in their Halloween costumes were my favorite. The ghost show outside of the Haunted Mansion is must do as well!

The Hocus Pocus show was the highlight of the party for me. As far as characters, Donald and Daisy in their Halloween costumes were my favorite. The ghost show outside of the Haunted Mansion is must do as well!

Is the ghost show a scheduled event? Also - any tips for seating for the Hocus Pocus show and fireworks?

Thanks for the reply. I did the firework desert party over the holidays last year and I was hoping for a closer reserved spot. I'm guessing that may not exist.

Be well. Thanks again for the reply.
You're looking for the Not So Spooky Spectacular Dessert Party with Plaza Garden viewing.
You don't want the terrace party, you will be too far away. The Plaza Garden is right in front of the Plaza restaurant and where the regular Plaza Garden dessert parties are. Excellent location!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...pooky-spectacular-dessert-party-plaza-garden/

Is the ghost show a scheduled event? Also - any tips for seating for the Hocus Pocus show and fireworks?
The ghosts in front of HM is not scheduled. You really just experience it when you're walking by. At least that I've experienced.
HP shows are a few times per night. If you don't want to waste time waiting for it you can plan for the last show, which is right at midnight. But we've had luck just walking up right before a show starts and walking right up front. We've done this several times, over several time slots.
The fireworks are different as of last year, and you really do need to be in front to see the projections and Jack. We've had luck just walking up right as the parade is rounding the HUB, getting up front and waiting for the show. We watch the parade in Frontierland and cut through Adventure Land to the HUB and make it there as the parade hits that area. Then we cut up front. By the time the parade hits Main St. everyone from that area will crowd the HUB and you will be a little too late if you wait until the parade is fully over.
Remember that the area in front of the stage slopes downward, so if you stay back a bit, kind of by the Partner's statue, you will see the show more from eye level. If you're right up front you will be looking up. We've done it different ways and they've all been fun. Just be aware, if you watch from right in front of the stage you will be touching your neighbor. It's not bad, just very, very crowded and it's not easy to get back out. I'm not claustrophobic so it doesn't bother me, but it might bother some.
HTH!!

@mckennarose covered it! I'd definitely suggest the last HP show if you can stay up that long. Then you'll get the most bang for your buck and have less time to kill if you want for those almost-empty castle pics at the end of the night!

Option 1: eat before
9 - Wake up, Lounge about the hotel room, hit the pool
11:30 Brunch/Lunch/tea, followed by pool time and then naps
1:00, get dressed! costumes are half the fun, then leave for....
3:00, early dinner usually at a monorail resort
4:00, arrive at front gate

This is similar to what we're doing, but we're going to do a later breakfast at Chef Mickey's (DD will be 18 months and LOVES Mickey and Donald), pool, naps, later lunch/early dinner at the resort (finished around 230 or 3), then arrive around 4 assuming we're able to get in around that time.

Last edited:
For DS6 who LOVES Halloween he loved the Hocus Pocus show and the parade. I think if he had to choose between the parade or the HP show he'd say the parade. We also do trick or treating because kids! We didn't do any M&G last year due to long waits for a lot of them, plus we didn't show up until just after 7pm. I forced my kids to take a nap.

Jack and Sally generally start meeting at what time? And 7 Dwarves??

Debating getting there at 4 and saving a park day vs going an hour or two earlier to line up for a meet and greet.....jack and sally or 7 dwarves.... anyone have advice!?
Jack & Sally start right around 4, sometimes a bit earlier, and their line starts forming around 2. The dwarfs come out about 615, with their line starting around 5. It’s possible to knock out both M&Gs prior to the official start of the party, but you’ll need to use a park ticket to accomplish this. Another option would be to save Jack & Sally until late in the night, but you risk being shut out (and are losing party time).

I currently have 3 tickets for the 8/18 party and am wondering what things they might alter due to the pandemic. If there are no parades or fireworks, I really don't think it would be worth the ticket price anymore. If that happens, think I can respectfully ask for a refund? I really hope the parks will be open and that we will be able to make the trip. Just a little worried since my little guy will only be 9 months old at that point.

I currently have 3 tickets for the 8/18 party and am wondering what things they might alter due to the pandemic. If there are no parades or fireworks, I really don't think it would be worth the ticket price anymore. If that happens, think I can respectfully ask for a refund? I really hope the parks will be open and that we will be able to make the trip. Just a little worried since my little guy will only be 9 months old at that point.

Agreed. We are scheduled to go in August and only my two oldest teens were going to the party . I’m not sure my comfort level with them going solo anymore. If we go at all .everything is just so unknown right now .. sigh

Wasn't sure if someone already gave you this info for the main thread on page 1, here are the CM discounted dates this year. If you already have it, I apologize!

Select Dates:
August 18, 21, 25, 28
September 1, 4, 7, 11, 15
7PM-12AM

Also, does anyone here happen to remember what date they rolled out the "season pass" for last year that included all the parties? I feel like it was after the parties had already started but maybe I'm mis-remembering. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter