Official 2021 Disney Very Merriest After Hours Thread

Hey all - We will be there from Dec 11th thru the 18th, with the 11th and 18th (Saturday) arrival and departure, so no parks. Looking at 2019, they held the party on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays in December. With the cost probably going up as the week gets closer to the end, I am thinking we should go on Sunday the 12th, assuming it is available of course. In any event, what do you all recommend as far as building the Very Merriest into your overall trip planning? Do you go to a park in the morning, and then leave, get some rest and head to the event? Do you spend the whole day at MK, and just roll into the After Hours? I am thinking maybe going to Animal Kingdom for rope drop, then leave mid-afternoon like we have done in the past. Head back to the resort and rest a bit, and then head to MK for After Hours. Then the next day, pick the park with the latest opening hours and rope drop again. Although, I am not as young as I once was, so maybe that is pushing it. Your experience and advice is greatly appreciated - thanks so much!!

Hey all - We will be there from Dec 11th thru the 18th, with the 11th and 18th (Saturday) arrival and departure, so no parks. Looking at 2019, they held the party on Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays in December. With the cost probably going up as the week gets closer to the end, I am thinking we should go on Sunday the 12th, assuming it is available of course. In any event, what do you all recommend as far as building the Very Merriest into your overall trip planning? Do you go to a park in the morning, and then leave, get some rest and head to the event? Do you spend the whole day at MK, and just roll into the After Hours? I am thinking maybe going to Animal Kingdom for rope drop, then leave mid-afternoon like we have done in the past. Head back to the resort and rest a bit, and then head to MK for After Hours. Then the next day, pick the park with the latest opening hours and rope drop again. Although, I am not as young as I once was, so maybe that is pushing it. Your experience and advice is greatly appreciated - thanks so much!!
If you’re the type to plan a resort day into your trip, it can be nice to do that and then hit your after hours event in the evening. I did that in January 2020 on the day I had a MK AH ticket and I had so much energy so I felt like I could really take advantage of the full time allowed and hit lots of rides. Granted, that was not a holiday event, so it was practically empty and I do not expect that level of empty when I do Very Merriest in December.

If you’re the type to plan a resort day into your trip, it can be nice to do that and then hit your after hours event in the evening. I did that in January 2020 on the day I had a MK AH ticket and I had so much energy so I felt like I could really take advantage of the full time allowed and hit lots of rides. Granted, that was not a holiday event, so it was practically empty and I do not expect that level of empty when I do Very Merriest in December.

I used to plan a resort day when we owned DVC at the Boardwalk. We would commando for 3 days, take one off, then go another 3 days. This time we are staying offsite at one of the Marriott timeshares, and to be honest, it doesn't look very much fun - lol! It's not a bad idea though, but I know I will be anxious to get out there on our first full day. Something to consider - thank you!

I used to plan a resort day when we owned DVC at the Boardwalk. We would commando for 3 days, take one off, then go another 3 days. This time we are staying offsite at one of the Marriott timeshares, and to be honest, it doesn't look very much fun - lol! It's not a bad idea though, but I know I will be anxious to get out there on our first full day. Something to consider - thank you!

I didn’t have my glasses on and read that as “We would go commando for 3 days.” 😂😂

I am hoping soon. I’m having major surgery Aug 16th so that’s sure to be the day the tickets go on sale. Will need to teach hubby the Disney way..

Hope for sure dates and a selling date happen soon. I'll be going back to work soon and I don't want to miss it although my husband has more flexibility at work to try for them. He knows the Disney way @katyringo , I hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

I am watching my email! It did say that the resort guests would have the opportunity to purchase the tickets before opening up to the general public. So..... If you already have reservations at a Disney resort.... suggest to watch email or MDE alerts!

Another morning another Disney announcement that isn’t Christmas dates.
RIGHT?!?! I’m in California and planning to meet my sister (who lives in FL) the week before Thanksgiving for one of these. Never been so disappointed not to get a text from her at zero dark thirty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter