• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official 2022 HHN 31 - Horror is Universal

The Park Prodigy
  • Announces $5 Discount For Halloween Horror Nights Tickets
    • Offer posted on 3/10/22. Link
  • They also have a $10 discount promo as seen below. I'm not sure if both offers can be combined. Link

I bought an HHN 2022 shirt in the All Hallows’ Eve Boutique. It says Never Go Alone on the back in what looks like blood. I have a shirt from last year with the same message, but it’s on the front in serial killer letters. I had to buy it when I saw it though, they also had Christmas ornaments with the same message.
I’m guessing they are working that catch phrase to use up last year’s unsold merchandise with a tweak to the year? Lol.

.:bored:would be nice to see them put their ghoulish heads together & re-institute an icon or general theme this year to tie it all together.

Last year's shirt says Don't Go Alone - similar, but definitely not exactly the same as on this year's merchandise. It is curious, regardless, that they'd choose something so similar to the phrase on last year's perch.

horsehoes ;) close enough to be the same in my book. I’m sure they will have very interesting individual house shirts again. I’m quite fond of my tall man one from last year’s hill house, they are high quality t’s, quite comfy.:thumbsup2
It is curious, regardless, that they'd choose something so similar to the phrase on last year's perch.
Perhaps it’s a grammatical correction:rotfl:

Any English majors in the house?

horsehoes ;) close enough to be the same in my book. I’m sure they will have very interesting individual house shirts again. I’m quite fond of my tall man one from last year’s hill house, they are high quality t’s, quite comfy.:thumbsup2

Perhaps it’s a grammatical correction:rotfl:

Any English majors in the house?
Hahaha! Oof, merch/perch, never/don't.... Horseshoes indeed. :rolleyes1😁😁😁:rotfl2:

The hhn date ….when are you going thread …..will be put up once HHN dates are released
:cheer2: Dates have been released, time to cast your magic pixiedust:and make it official!
Hopefully I can find a few peeps interested in a Private Tour for late October, book now before prices increase.

I still hadn’t made up my mind if I wanted express with the frequent fear for our 3 nights or the Frequent fear with one night on the RIP tour….

We get the Frequent Fear with Express when we're going three nights (Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday). One year we only had a quick trip and could only go one night. We got single night and public RIP tour, since we wanted to make sure we got to go through all houses. That's our preference: If multiple nights, FF w/ Express, if one night, Single Night w/ RIP. Either way, though, you'll be able to experience it all (Scare Zones, shows, and rides will need to be prioritized and planned out probably, though) with your options.

First time experiencing HHN, purchased tickets for opening night. What would be some recommendations to get the most out of the night, I know I won’t be able to get everything done but would like to know if there is anything that would be a must do. Thanks for any help.

My preference is prioritizing the houses and make sure you go through your "must dos" first. My kid likes the scare zones most, we we know we need to pad some time there as we're going house to house. Decide which/all shows you want to see. For one night, I would want to nail down a priority list and do those first. If express is an option for you, then that will help. Also, if you have daytime tickets or APs, then utilizing the stay and scream (be in the Studios park before it closes) and wait in the holding pen closest to your top priority. Since it will still be daylight for a couple hours, I recommend wearing sunglasses until you are about to enter the houses so your eyes won't have to adjust as much (it's hard to see everything otherwise). I hope this helps some.

We get the Frequent Fear with Express when we're going three nights (Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday). One year we only had a quick trip and could only go one night. We got single night and public RIP tour, since we wanted to make sure we got to go through all houses. That's our preference: If multiple nights, FF w/ Express, if one night, Single Night w/ RIP. Either way, though, you'll be able to experience it all (Scare Zones, shows, and rides will need to be prioritized and planned out probably, though) with your options.
Thank you. I think the FF with express is what we will go for. Great to hear of how you’ve used both options in the past.

When will the FF passes go on sale? We will be arrive on Oct 28th and I was thinking we can do 2 night of HHN before we do.

2012 Alice Cooper, Welcome to My Nightmare in Sprung Tent 1

anyone else care to share?

As requested......... ::yes::

A plain looking house.......but a good one!!

i-XqHTjvf-X2.jpg

Looking ahead to our trip in a few years. We want to stay at Cabana Bay, we'll need 3 rooms with at least one being the family suite. How far in advance should we book the rooms? Can we book a package with the rooms and regular tickets and then add the FF ticket later? I want to make sure everyone is prepared to book something in advance and let them know it can't be a last minute or even a few month out thing.

Can't wait-163 days countdown begins until we are there!! Husband already checked expiration of his annual pass to make sure he can fit in a weekend too-last year his first time and of course, now hooked. We met people on our cruise that love HHN too-going to be a good year!!

Will get the thread started soon
Need to recruit a homie for it

If no one has volunteered, I'll be happy to be your homie. My clan isn't leaving until the end of October so that should give everyone time to post their plans.

Looking ahead to our trip in a few years. We want to stay at Cabana Bay, we'll need 3 rooms with at least one being the family suite. How far in advance should we book the rooms? Can we book a package with the rooms and regular tickets and then add the FF ticket later? I want to make sure everyone is prepared to book something in advance and let them know it can't be a last minute or even a few month out thing.
I don’t really know- I’ve never actually done this so take with a large chunk of salt-

but I was on the phone with someone Royal pacific today talking about a family suite and two extra rooms (so similar to what you’re asking) and they have them available today for Labor Day weekend but the customer service rep on the phone urged me to commit in the next week as the suites in particular will fill quickly for busy dates. She said it was easy to add on the HHN passes when they come out but that those will sell out quickly as well and there wasn’t any discount for waiting and getting them together as far as she could see today.

I'll try to help, but I'll be a bit in the weeds for part of the answer.

I say book as soon as you know your dates. You'll pay a one-night deposit, but the deposit is refundable, I think, up to one week prior to the first day of the reservation. So, it would just cost you a refundable pre-payment of one night to book in advance. Then I check the reservation page of the resort periodically to see if the rate lowers for the exact room on the exact dates (usually when Annual Pass rates come out). Sometime it does, sometimes it doesn't. During HHN, the resorts get booked up and rates tend to climb as they do.

Unless things have changed, and I have not gone this route, so hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, if you book a package all at once, there would be a cancellation or change fee involved if you had to make a change.

Daytime tickets: If you're going four days or more, then compare the price of an Annual Pass. There are four tiers of APs with more discounts and benefits, and fewer or no blackout dates, as you move up in tiers. Otherwise, I'd try to get tickets as soon as possible, since they do not expire. NOTE: unless it has changed, some promotional deals (four days for the price of two) might have an expiration date. Just check the fine print.

You can then add the HHN tickets later when they go on sale. They only go up in price as the season continues, so go ahead and bite the bullet when your choice of ticket is available.

Since you say your trip is in a few years, it's great you are learning it all now. I'd say just do a fake, trial run of checking resort rooms and prices, make notes of daytime ticket prices, and then when HHN tickets go on sale and for how much. I know it can be a little daunting at first, but it's really not that bad with Universal. Just a matter of becoming familiar with they way they do things.

Just to give you an example for our HHN trip this year... I booked our Portofino room in February. Glad I did, because the price has gone up quite a bit since then (and surprisingly the deluxe rooms at Portofino were cheaper than standard rooms at Royal Pacific and Hard Rock at that time). We have APs, so I'll just need to renew them when able to do so, which will be this summer. I bought our Unmasking the Horror tickets when they went on sale recently so we could get the date and time we wanted. Price will not decrease, so get it while you can. We opt for the Frequent Fear with Express, so as soon as those are available, I'll get those too. Then it's just a matter of waiting for the HHN fog to roll in.

Hi guys...EXTREMELY new to Universal and have a question. We have the preferred Annual Pass does that give you a discount on HHN tickets? If so, how do you get the discount?

Thanks

@DisneyaholicRaquel

Once the AP discounts have been published, you should be able to do this online.
There will be a place for you to enter your AP #
I'm not sure if it can only be done on Universal's website?
Hopefully others will chime in and school me! :teacher:

@DisneyaholicRaquel

Once the AP discounts have been published, you should be able to do this online.
There will be a place for you to enter your AP #
I'm not sure if it can only be done on Universal's website?
Hopefully others will chime in and school me! :teacher:
Thank you! How far in advance are AP discounts normally released? I can't even find where the hotel discounts are located.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter