"Official" 2024 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party

First time to MNSSHP, can I just purchase these online? I am assuming the DVC discount is only for eligible members and not resale?

First time to MNSSHP, can I just purchase these online? I am assuming the DVC discount is only for eligible members and not resale?

Yes you can purchase them online, you will only be given the dates of your resort stay at first but when they open to the general public all dates will open. Yes the DVC discount is only for DVC owners, just like the AP discount is only for passholders but you can still buy tomorrow since it’s onsite.

First time going and very excited. 3 questions:

1) what happens in the event we can't make it...any options to use the tickets as a credit?

2) Is this generally a one day thing? Do people do more than one party? Is there an advantage to doing 2 parties...besides the obvious of not rushing

3) Can you get the AP discount buying the tickets online

1) what happens in the event we can't make it...any options to use the tickets as a credit?

2) Is this generally a one day thing? Do people do more than one party? Is there an advantage to doing 2 parties...besides the obvious of not rushing

3) Can you get the AP discount buying the tickets online
We did our first last year! You’re going to have a great time, we loved it so much and can’t wait to go again!

1. I believe you can cancel the ticket and get a credit for a future hard ticket event (can’t be a normal park ticket) like MVMCP or an After Hours thing or another Halloween party if it’s still available.

2. We only did one and felt satisfied but if you have the money and means it could make the process a little less hectic/rushed to cram everything in. The other advantage is weather. A lot parties fall during peak hurricane season so having 2 or more party days could help avoid a rainout.

3. Yes, there’s an option to choose which ticket you’re buying based on what’s showing in your MDE, AP and/or DVC.

We've been going to the parties since 2006, so here's a long winded answer to your second question. For our family the sweet spot is 2 parties. With 2 you get one party to be awed by everything, to figure out what you want to do again, to see the merch and then you get to come back and get that merch you weren't sure about, catch a show you loved again or ride the ride that went down/had a terrible line. For example, Madames Renatta and Carlotta are usually outside on the lawn in front of the HM, chatting with the audience. With only one party you might miss them because it's raining or they're on break every time you happen to be by the HM. Similarly, special food items sell out for the night, sometimes very early.

Having said that a combination of hurricanes and sickness lead to us doing 1 party in our August trip last year and 3 in our October trip. 3 parties didn't really work out. By the 3rd party we'd seen all the merch, and a lot of it was sold out anyway (10/29, 10/31, 11/1). Seeing a great show 3 times is a bit too much. And while we were able to get photos in a third set of costumes, meh.

Oh and quick answer to question 1: if you can't attend you can use the value of your ticket for another special event ('hard ticketed') ticket.

Yes! Check it out when they’re posted. We did have 2 tickets, but it was decent off for one. For example, right now the After hours tickets are running 15 bucks cheaper.- Even for 15 bucks on an after hours id do it especially if i had a family to buy for. Now that i know how easy to link its a no brainer. We did the Christmas party the Sunday after Thanksgiving. We had them linked up easily within 5 minutes, as they also gave instructions.
We were only going to one additional park day as well, and also received savings by grabbing that there as well. Normally on a longer stay i get the length of stay, but we were on a room only this time, so why not save some money?
You still have to look though— although party and event tickets are cheaper - a random day ticket may not be. Example is a MK ticket for today only would be cheaper by far from Disney.
I live in the Northeast and contacted my local AAA office and was told "Currently, AAA does not sell the Disney Halloween Party tickets." I did mention that they would not go on sale for the general public until next week. If anyone hears differently, please let me know! Thank you!

I have never done the Halloween party. I saw a webpage that listed the attractions that are open during the party. The webpage mentioned TBA will be a ride available during the party. Obviously, TBA will be open on or before August 9th the first party date.

The attractions list did not mention CBMJ (f/k/a CBJ). Was CBJ traditionally open during the Halloween party? I'm just trying figure out whether the new Bears show will be playing at the MK during our planned trip. I'm trying to apply some logic and deduction here. Any help would be appreciated. Many blessings to you all.

Last edited:
I have never done the Halloween party. I saw a webpage that listed the attractions that are open during the party. The webpage mentioned TBA will be a ride available during the party. Obviously, TBA will be open on or before August 9th the first party date.

The attractions list did not mention CBMJ (f/k/a CBJ). Was CBJ traditionally open during the Halloween party? I'm just trying figure out whether the new Bears show will be playing at the MK during our planned trip. I'm trying to apply some logical and deduction here. Any help would be appreciated. Many blessings to you all.
No, it closes during the party, it’s a trick or treat stop.

Same! Not sure which to go for haha

We will also be there for 3 parties and are leaning very strongly towards the 9/22 party. Will be a really cool way to end the land part of our trip before getting on the Wish 9/23 for our Halloween on the High Seas sailing.

Getting up early the next morning for the bus to PC will kinda suck but whatever, we can sleep on the way there.

Honestly I am mostly relieved to have dates because now the rest of this trip can actually coalesce. I get way too antsy without anything to plan! :rotfl:

Interesting, in my experience the military ticket offices sell all the regular park ticket types, but not party tickets. I've only seen those at Shades.

I know my base office has never sold them (in Ohio).
That's been our experience as well. We've tried at several MWRs in the Northern VA/DC area and we have a Coast Guard Exchange here that also sells theme park tickets, none of them carry party tickets, only the Salute and Magic Your Way.
We’re in VA beach - I’ll see if they have them. If not I’ll order the party and our salute through shades in one transaction and have them all sent to me
That would be great if they did!
Thank you so much for this information. So maybe, just maybe, the CBMJ could be open during our planned trip (during non-party hours). My fingers and toes and ears are crossed.
It should be open during the day :)

Yes you can purchase them online, you will only be given the dates of your resort stay at first but when they open to the general public all dates will open. Yes the DVC discount is only for DVC owners, just like the AP discount is only for passholders but you can still buy tomorrow since it’s onsite.

I should have clarified if the DVC discount was only for "direct/grandfathered blue card" members with membership benefits as that language wasn't specific in the announcement or if it's for all DVC owners. I am sure we will find out Wednesday when sales open for resort stays.

We are staying onsite at swan hotel and never got tickets before and from the UK. Do I just phone Disney uk up on Wednesday or can I purchase online?

Does anyone know why it is not going to happen on Sunday, 10/13? It seems that it happens on most Sundays except for that one. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter