*** Official April 2021 Thread ***

Got back from Disney trip on Friday. And just scheduled a return trip in six days lol. The dole whips and Mickey pretzels and cheeseburger spring rolls are too tempting. Another eight hour drive but it’s worth it. Staying at OKW from 4/24-4/30. I have a Disney addiction.

Ok so arrived yesterday expecting all day rain only saw a few sprinkles. Went to DS around 10:00 and stayed til around 1:00. Got to Gideon’s at 10:30 and was told wait was 160 minutes. We signed up for virtual waitlist and got return text around 1. My mom says wait was worth it...she rode around on her ECV and shopped while I stood in line...I say not worth it! She also is the one eating the cookies! Once I got in line I waited another 40 minutes....Sunday is definitely not a good day to go to Gideon’s. Returned to resort and went to pool. Took an Uber from CSR at 4:45 pm to Beach Club for Beaches and Cream ADR. We were seated immediately and food and service was great. Cost of Uber was $6.27 to get there and $20.67 to return to CSR (about 2 miles!). There was no “rush hour traffic”! Realized afterwards we made big mistake and should have just taken boat from Beach Club to HS and caught bus back to CSR!!!
Oh BTW after seeing photos of crowds waiting for the ME we decided to use Uber. Driver arrived in 4 minutes picked us up right outside baggage claim and cost was $31.40. (I would have had to tip for assistance in getting my mom along with our luggage and her walker over to the ME.)

Ok so arrived yesterday expecting all day rain only saw a few sprinkles. Went to DS around 10:00 and stayed til around 1:00. Got to Gideon’s at 10:30 and was told wait was 160 minutes. We signed up for virtual waitlist and got return text around 1. My mom says wait was worth it...she rode around on her ECV and shopped while I stood in line...I say not worth it! She also is the one eating the cookies! Once I got in line I waited another 40 minutes....Sunday is definitely not a good day to go to Gideon’s. Returned to resort and went to pool. Took an Uber from CSR at 4:45 pm to Beach Club for Beaches and Cream ADR. We were seated immediately and food and service was great. Cost of Uber was $6.27 to get there and $20.67 to return to CSR (about 2 miles!). There was no “rush hour traffic”! Realized afterwards we made big mistake and should have just taken boat from Beach Club to HS and caught bus back to CSR!!!
Oh BTW after seeing photos of crowds waiting for the ME we decided to use Uber. Driver arrived in 4 minutes picked us up right outside baggage claim and cost was $31.40. (I would have had to tip for assistance in getting my mom along with our luggage and her walker over to the ME.)
This was really helpful!!

Sitting in the line for the Magical Express heading to All Star Movies 🙂 Hope we don't actually wait the 45 minutes they quoted us, but we have a lazy day planned anyway, so no big deal. My bigger hope is that the rain remains intermittent.

Ok so reports of strong thunderstorms in Disney world today were RIGHT! Lots of heavy rain/thunder this afternoon from around 1:00 to just before 3:00 pm. We were at EPCOt at the time. Just a big tip for those who happen to be in EPCOT during heavy rain you can go right into the World Showcase Pavillian which is located just past Canada and is currently open as part of the Flower &Garden Festival. It was a great place to hang out with several food booths and some tables with chairs. People were also able to just settle in socially distanced groups and sit on floor. There was plenty of wide open space. Obviously most people don’t even know this space is available and it’s a perfect respite area from the rain. However, I don’t think I saw bathrooms inside....(but I could be wrong)... apparently lots of people decided to stay away from the parks today as crowds at Epcot seemed quite low...there were no lines at food booths or at least very short lines.
Tomorrow we go to AK and maybe hop to HS in afternoon or just hop to pool😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter