*** Official August 2020 Thread *** (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is August like in Disneyland? Crowds, heat? I’m scared of the heat! Our plan was to go next week so now we need a backup plan. It’s either August 3-7 or wait until next March. My husband has to schedule all his vacation time in november for the following year so he can’t move any of his vacation for this year. I have high schoolers so they can’t miss a week of school, so we have to go during a school break.

August isn't too bad. It can get warm during the day but when we were there last year there was a nice breeze and plenty of shade. Also it always cooled off in the evening which always felt great. The couple of days it got really hot we just went back to the pool and hung out for a few hours then went back around 5 or 6.

March trip cancellation transplant here. We've rebooked for August 3-8 and are praying like heck that this crisis has abated by then. Because if it hasn't, Disney will be the farthest thing from my mind....

REALLY looking forward to this vacation now.

I decided to take a moment to turn off the news and take out my fun colored pens and make lists on what we want to do in August. It was pretty good therapy!

Right now Rise of the Resistance and Avengers Campus are top list for day one!

Love that idea! Those are two of my must do things for my trip too :)

What is August like in Disneyland? Crowds, heat? I’m scared of the heat!...
That should be a good time -- the lower APs will still be blocked, the parks should still be on the peak schedule (so long hours, full staffing, more entertainment, etc.). Weather should be warm, but nothing like WDW -- if you're thinking FL in August, DLR will be nothing in comparison. Bring sunscreen and a hat -- and hydrate!

The count down has really started, my visit to DL starts on August 20th for 3,5 days.
It's my second visit and for my friend her first and the last castle she has to see in the Disney-castle-line-up.
We hope the over the top, overpriced Princess breakfast will still be there to end our DL trip with :)

It's going to be an amazing trip starting in SFO for 2,5 days, 3,5 days in DL, 1,5 day in LA, 4 days in WDW and then a 4 night cruise.
We will be Disney'ed out after that :P

Spring Break Transplants also.....August 3-15. My oldest is graduating high school in June and has grand plans and dreams to follow, so she might not be able to come.
:sad:
But our fingers are crossed for one last time to make magical memories!

Welcome spring breakers! August is a wonderful time to visit. All the rides are open and there’s longer operating hours! Plus Avengers Campus will be open. 🥳

Some interesting news for August travelers:
From this week's MP "DLR Update" (3/23-29/20):
Disney filed a permit with the city of Anaheim to allow them to keep the Food & Wine Festival Marketplace booths in use through September 7, 2020. We have no word from Disney about their plans, but an extended Food & Wine Festival would definitely help boost repeat attendance at Disney California Adventure, especially in conjunction with the opening of the Avengers Campus.

We can never visit in the spring because of my work schedule so it’d be interesting to see food & wine!

Anyone else feeling nervous about the likelihood of not being able to visit in August? I swing back and forth between optimistic and doom!

I was supposed to be coming on April 4th, but obviously had to cancel those plans. We are now booked for August. Let's hope it works out, we miss Disneyland.

Anyone else feeling nervous about the likelihood of not being able to visit in August? I swing back and forth between optimistic and doom!

If the closures go into June then I will get nervous. I am holding off on some things like getting my plane tickets until it gets closer and the parks are back to "normal". I'm also keeping my DLH reservation on there because I am afraid that if I pull it and then try to get it for the same time when they reopen I won't be able to get the deal I've got now.

We are supposed to be there August 3-8, and I think it's 50/50 at best. If it is open, I think there will be limited attraction and dining options, with whatever is easiest and cheapest to reopen--and to re-close--being available. Table service restaurants I think are a no, as well as the night time shows, parade, and rides that require extensive maintenance (*cough*ROTR*cough*), safety inspections, or CM training also being unlikely to open.

If anything is open, and travel restrictions are lifted, and we feel it is safe to do so, we will go. But I'm starting to agree with @socaldisneylover that the parks may not open until summer 2021 due to the increasingly confident predictions that this "curve" is actually a three-humped camel with the biggest hump now, a medium-sized hump in the fall, and a third, smaller hump next spring.

We are supposed to be there August 3-8, and I think it's 50/50 at best. If it is open, I think there will be limited attraction and dining options, with whatever is easiest and cheapest to reopen--and to re-close--being available. Table service restaurants I think are a no, as well as the night time shows, parade, and rides that require extensive maintenance (*cough*ROTR*cough*), safety inspections, or CM training also being unlikely to open.

If anything is open, and travel restrictions are lifted, and we feel it is safe to do so, we will go. But I'm starting to agree with @socaldisneylover that the parks may not open until summer 2021 due to the increasingly confident predictions that this "curve" is actually a three-humped camel with the biggest hump now, a medium-sized hump in the fall, and a third, smaller hump next spring.

Also supposed to go in August, but Disney trips aside, I sure hope its safe enough to be out of lockdown mode by the summer. Only time will tell

Also supposed to go in August, but Disney trips aside, I sure hope its safe enough to be out of lockdown mode by the summer. Only time will tell
I completely agree. I worry a lot about the mental health, economic, and educational after-effects of the virus and the sooner we can return to normal order, the better. Just not sure when that is.

ETA: I also think not being in lockdown mode and Disney reopening are not necessarily a one-to-one correlation. We could see a return to office work, social gatherings, even schools maybe, while stadiums, theme parks, concerts and live theater, etc. stay shuttered. I think part of that is economics. Disney (and other places of mass gathering) may decide its more expensive to reopen in July just to close down again in October than it is to stay closed the whole time. An office with 30 employees may have very different math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter