*** Official August 2020 Thread *** (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
8/10-8/14 ...Best Western Park Place

I’ve been DL before but it was going to be (still hopefully will be) my wife and son’s first time to DL and my 2 nieces first time ever at any Disney park.

Add us to the list! We've rebooked a cancelled May trip and will be there August 14-21.

Thanks! We're staying at the Hotel Indigo for the first time. I hope we like it.
I'll update your list information. Hotel Indigo gets good reviews on this board. The walk to the parks isn't bad (about 15-25 minutes, depending on how fast you walk and the wait at the signals), and there is a Starbucks across the street by the 24/7 Walgreens.

We are rebooked from May to 8/8 to 8/15. Please add us to the list. I'm hoping we can go this time, otherwise we can't go until May of 2021. :(

Rebooked from May to August 28-September 1 at VGC. Fingers crossed! Celebrating our youngest's 18th birthday!

We are supposed to go August 3-7 but I am worried it wont be open then. I'm having a lot of anxiety about deciding if I should try to cancel my plane tickets while I still can.

It's so upsetting trying to figure this out.

similar dates as you (we are finishing our CA trip aug 6-9). It seems that the only thing truly not refundable at this point are my park tickets. I ended up scheduling a back up trip in October for 4 nights in case we can't take our original trip. I agree it is very frustrating to play wait and see on this. Already cancelled a Spring break cruise and plans to fly to GA to visit family in May.

We were already booked for Aug 15-20 at Paradise Pier. I booked airfare today, being optimistic. I know there is a good chance changes will have to be made but I'm crossing my fingers and hunting for a genie lamp. If our passes are extended out that far we may try for a November trip. Our Flex passes would have expired in late September. I want Disney to know that when they reopen, we'll come and we'll spend our money. They have done little things (and big) to make this time more bearable for our family. I hope we can repay them in some small way, literally and figuratively.

Well, we've made the call to postpone our trip. If things miraculously change we'll shift gears and come in August as planned but with the delay of Avengers Campus that was a big factor too for us. Fingers crossed I’m just being pessimistic though! I feel like I flip flop from optimistic to pessimistic based on my mood haha! Wishing all you Aug peeps the best and hopefully we can add our names back to the list instead of having to wait until winter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter