***Official December 2017 thread!

The parks are getting ready for Christmas and I can't contain my excitement!! SO MUCH LOVE for DHS and that store FULL of Christmas clothes and accessories! I'll be needing one of each, thanks!

It's our 1st time using magic bands..does anyone decorate their bands? I have seen some decals and skins on etsy. Any suggestions?

I have made autograph books for my granddaughters and we also made family shirts for every day with iron on designs and then my daughter added glitter. I am now looking for Christmas window decorations for our rooms. I am out of control and still 49 days to go! LOL

Does anyone know if there's ever been a FP+ available for Illuminations (the 11:40pm showing) on NYE? It wasn't available when I tried to book last week but I wasn't sure if they'd just all gone or something

We’ll be there Dec. 10-16. EPCOT and MK have extra magic hours twice but AK and HS have none. Is that common? I thought it used to be that each park had one day a week.

We’ll be there Dec. 10-16. EPCOT and MK have extra magic hours twice but AK and HS have none. Is that common? I thought it used to be that each park had one day a week.

I'm going the same week:cool1:

I had to do a double check when you posted that, cause I was sure that I had seen EMH for both.

AK has EMH from 8am to 9 am on 12/11 and 12/16.

However you are correct that DHS has no EMH scheduled for that week.

Dhs has morning emh the 10th but as your arrival day that likely doesn't matter

Is AK EMH worth it? Right now I have Epcot on Saturday, 12/2 and AK the Sunday I leave. I can't really switch up my days because I want to keep my Candlelight dining package on Saturday. Would I still be able to rope drop Epcot (or arrive just a bit past RD) if I did FOP EMH at AK on 12/2?

I doubt I will because I'll be at MVMCP on 12/1 until midnight, but I like to dream big.

Is AK EMH worth it? Right now I have Epcot on Saturday, 12/2 and AK the Sunday I leave. I can't really switch up my days because I want to keep my Candlelight dining package on Saturday. Would I still be able to rope drop Epcot (or arrive just a bit past RD) if I did FOP EMH at AK on 12/2?

I doubt I will because I'll be at MVMCP on 12/1 until midnight, but I like to dream big.
You're going to be doing the same things we're doing!!! We've got MVMCP on 12/1 and CP on 12/2, too!

So it says that mk is opened until 11pm dec 6 but they also have pm EMH. Does that mean they will close at 1am?

Is it likely that park hours for Dec. 11-15 will change at this point? Any chance that MK will open at 8:00 rather than 9:00 or is that saved for the extra busy days of Christmas?

Is it likely that park hours for Dec. 11-15 will change at this point? Any chance that MK will open at 8:00 rather than 9:00 or is that saved for the extra busy days of Christmas?

Wondering the same thing as well since we’re going the same week. I think it’s only a matter of time before it happens since the week before this already has MK opening earlier and closing later.

Wondering the same thing as well since we’re going the same week. I think it’s only a matter of time before it happens since the week before this already has MK opening earlier and closing later.

Thanks! I made great ADRs at the 180 day mark, but plans change and now I’m trying to get a better BOG breakfast time. I have one for 8am on an EMH day and am wondering if maybe the park will open at 8:00 and move EMH to 7:00. I’m tired of looking and just want it settled! Although I know from experience that so often things open up the day before and I wonder why I spent hours looking.

And thanks for the heads up on the week before having longer hours! I hadn’t checked that so it’s a big help to see what will probably happen.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter