***Official December 2017 thread!

Need your help picking...We can see Pat Sajak or Jodie Benson for CP. My initial thought was Pat Sajak because we are big Wheel fans and my kids would recognize him, but I haven't heard much about him as a narrator. We are Disney newbies (first trip for our kids and first for my husband and I in 25-30 years) and I had to look up who Jodie Benson was when they announced it, but Little Mermaid is my 2yo's favorite princess and I've heard she is incredible. Who would you pick?

35 days until we leave, 44 till Disney!

Anyone else ordering red and green Magic Bands to change pucks and make them more festive looking?

Oh man! Wish I had seen this sooner. I ordered red for my son and husband and green for my daughter and I and we have Christmas themed decals to add, but what a great idea to change the pucks out.

Slowly marking things off the list. Our crazy DME reservations were completed. Starting to plan for our Uber driver from our hotel near MCO. It is just more convenient than going back to MCO, lug everything to DME, and then off to the resort. By the time I get to DME and wait for a bus, I would almost be to OKW. Plus it will give us time to get luggage dropped off and on our way to AK early for rope drop. No sense for us to even think about packing. Too far out to get an idea of the weather.

Need your help picking...We can see Pat Sajak or Jodie Benson for CP. My initial thought was Pat Sajak because we are big Wheel fans and my kids would recognize him, but I haven't heard much about him as a narrator. We are Disney newbies (first trip for our kids and first for my husband and I in 25-30 years) and I had to look up who Jodie Benson was when they announced it, but Little Mermaid is my 2yo's favorite princess and I've heard she is incredible. Who would you pick?

Jodie Benson 100% And I haven't seen her live, that's just from appearances and concerts and whatnot I've seen of her on YouTube and the like. Sajak my be charismatic and all, but c'mon. Ariel. ;)

Been a little quiet lately because work has been so hectic, but we got our DME documents and tags last week and just got our Magic Bands yesterday! 24 DAYS!!! So friggin excited, we can't wait. We actually plan on letting DME pick up our bags this time and it's the first time for that for us, so a little nervous about it, but I've heard great things.

We're buying up some last minute needs for the trip here too. Some Christmas Light necklaces, couple refreshes of some first aid things for the park bag, new charger for my Nikon S9900, water bottle mix-ins... More I'm forgetting off the top of my head I'm sure :)

I actually scored am 8:30a breakfast reservation for BoG a few weeks back using the Touring Plans reservation finder for our first day in the parks, so we'll get in nice and early back in Fantasy Land and that's when I'll re-propose to my wife after finding a Photopass :)

It's been so crazy this past month or so that time as just flown by. I was planning on doing some sort of family countdown thing, but just couldn't get it done in time. May do one for 10 days and counting. We are planning on being packed fully the morning before we leave so that from lunch on to bed we're going to do a Disney Marathon of favorites, classics and all kinds. From Mickey and the Beanstalk to Flight of the Navigator even :) What do y'all do to ramp up the excitement at your house?

23 days till our FIRST trip. What are some must pack items that I’m probably not going to think of? Our family is 2 adults, almost 5yr old son, and 2.5 year old girl.

23 days till our FIRST trip. What are some must pack items that I’m probably not going to think of? Our family is 2 adults, almost 5yr old son, and 2.5 year old girl.

DON'T pack your own stroller if you can help it. I've heard so many stories about how thankful folks who rent a stroller from one of the reputable places near WDW, on how easy it is and how they were happy they didn't have to worry about it. Like I said though, if you can help it.

Well...you're a mom, so you're probably thinking of everything already, but the big thing I'd say is don't over pack. essentials we don't leave without: Anti-Chafe of some sort, moleskin, bandaids, neosporin, alcohol/medicated wipes, handi wipes, 16oz drink mix-ins (Aldi's has 40 hawaiian punch ones for 4 bucks), our own double-walled 16oz waterbottles (cause I'm nor paying for water), sharpies for character autographs, autograph book of some sort (we used the Disney Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters), ziplock bags (sandwich, squart, gallon and a couple 2-gallon) dollar ponchos, trash bags to use as laundry hampers, battery chargers for phones, power strip for the room...

...I know I'm forgetting some stuff, but you get the idea :) Those are the things we definitely have for sure.

DON'T pack your own stroller if you can help it. I've heard so many stories about how thankful folks who rent a stroller from one of the reputable places near WDW, on how easy it is and how they were happy they didn't have to worry about it. Like I said though, if you can help it.

Well...you're a mom, so you're probably thinking of everything already, but the big thing I'd say is don't over pack. essentials we don't leave without: Anti-Chafe of some sort, moleskin, bandaids, neosporin, alcohol/medicated wipes, handi wipes, 16oz drink mix-ins (Aldi's has 40 hawaiian punch ones for 4 bucks), our own double-walled 16oz waterbottles (cause I'm nor paying for water), sharpies for character autographs, autograph book of some sort (we used the Disney Junior Encyclopedia of Animated Characters), ziplock bags (sandwich, squart, gallon and a couple 2-gallon) dollar ponchos, trash bags to use as laundry hampers, battery chargers for phones, power strip for the room...

...I know I'm forgetting some stuff, but you get the idea :) Those are the things we definitely have for sure.

Power strip! Brilliant. We have tons of battery chargers but they won’t do us any good if we don’t have enough plugs to charge them.

I’ve been looking at the Disney Junior Encyclopedia for an autograph book. But what do you do for the characters not in the book? We have Hollywood & Vine Disney Jr characters and my son is a huge Star Wars fan. I don’t think they are in the book, correct?

And we are renting a double from Kingdom Strollers. I’m excited to not lug a stroller or car seats through the airport this trip!

My recommendation, no matter time of year, is to pack anti-chafing balm. It goes by Body Glide and many others like it. One heat or chafing rash in the wrong place and the trip will be ruined.

On a side note, my new backpack for Disney just arrived. I am now mad that I did not buy more than 1. It is a lightweight (8oz), water resistant, fold up pack. I was expecting the $16 to be wasted. Now, if it lasts more than a week at Disney, it is a bonus. My new camera bag fits perfectly in the bottom and there is tons more space for snacks. Its called Venture Pal 35L. I can't wait to see how it does.

Power strip! Brilliant. We have tons of battery chargers but they won’t do us any good if we don’t have enough plugs to charge them.

I’ve been looking at the Disney Junior Encyclopedia for an autograph book. But what do you do for the characters not in the book? We have Hollywood & Vine Disney Jr characters and my son is a huge Star Wars fan. I don’t think they are in the book, correct?

And we are renting a double from Kingdom Strollers. I’m excited to not lug a stroller or car seats through the airport this trip!

Power strip is key :)

We had Joy, Sadness, Tarzan and a couple others sign on the first inside page of the book. Though how Tarzan wasn't in it is beyond me... But yeah, just in the inside page :) We love the keepsake of it, and we're bringing it back this coming trip to grab a few more characters we want in it.

I must be losing my mind 3 weeks out. The selling/buying camera has been nuts. Most of it should be fine. I did order the wrong lens the other day. I was hoping it was the vendors fault but alas it was mine. No big deal because they will ship the right one while I ship the wrong one back. From all the other Amazon shopping I have done, the backpack is the best purchase. I am about to buy another when the lightning deal comes back. Even at $20 it is excellent. I also purchased a 5-pack of water proof bags for $10. They fold up very small, fit easily in the backpack pouch, and I can protect the camera and other things with them if we encounter rain/water.

I finally decided that we are not going to use DME on arrival day. $25 Uber ride is not worth the hassle and getting out super early on a Saturday morning.We would have to leave the hotel by 5:45AM for DME to get to OKW at the same time. We will just hit up Uber at 6:30AM. My next biggest debacle is a grocery run. I know everyone may say to have it delivered. For me, the prices are insane for the items and they charge a delivery fee. On top of that, adult beverages cannot be delivered...at least none that I found. Still working this one out. We may, may, head to AoA after lunch at AK. Explore there for a little bit and then Uber to a grocery store, get what we need, and then Uber to OKW. After settling in and checking out the resort, head back to AK for the night.

Do they have Star Wars show at DHS? I thought it is temporarily replaced with Jingle Bells Jungle Bam
They do later in the month. I believe it’s JBJB early and then Star Wars later in the night starting Dec 15. We are there Dec 2-9 and super bummed to miss it. We have fantastic dining package and because of the way they scheduled Fantasmic after JBJB, I don’t think we will even see JBJB.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter