• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official December 2017 thread!

Anyone doing the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam dessert party? I'm considering it for my trip. My kids go to bed early so this is really the only nighttime show we can do and I'd rather not have to fight crowds during Christmas week. I've read not so great reviews, mostly about it not being worth the money but I'd be willing to give it a shot just to have a reserved area. Plus one of my kids would be free at least.

Anyone doing the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam dessert party? I'm considering it for my trip. My kids go to bed early so this is really the only nighttime show we can do and I'd rather not have to fight crowds during Christmas week. I've read not so great reviews, mostly about it not being worth the money but I'd be willing to give it a shot just to have a reserved area. Plus one of my kids would be free at least.

We're not doing the party but did go to JBJB last year. I'm not sure when you are going but we were mid-December. We didn't have a hard time finding a good spot for the show. My kids aren't big dessert eaters. Candy eaters - yes but not the desserts they had at the party so I can never justify to my husband why we should book a dessert party. If you are on the fence, I think you could easily grab some snacks and have your own little dessert party while you wait for the show. It wasn't that crowded when we went last year. Maybe if you are going during a busier week it would be. I'm not helping am I? lol Sorry.

We're not doing the party but did go to JBJB last year. I'm not sure when you are going but we were mid-December. We didn't have a hard time finding a good spot for the show. My kids aren't big dessert eaters. Candy eaters - yes but not the desserts they had at the party so I can never justify to my husband why we should book a dessert party. If you are on the fence, I think you could easily grab some snacks and have your own little dessert party while you wait for the show. It wasn't that crowded when we went last year. Maybe if you are going during a busier week it would be. I'm not helping am I? lol Sorry.
Thanks for the input! I like the idea of having our own little dessert party. We're staying at BWI so we could easily grab something at the bakery before heading to HS. The date we'd be doing it is Dec. 30th. so crazy crowded Christmas week. I don't really know what to expect as far as this show goes crowd wise. I've never visited during this time before.

Booked for Dec 30-Jan 2 onsite due to CM DD getting amazing rate at CSR. Just me and hubby. DD's program supposed to end Jan 4 so we will move offsite to Disney Springs hotel for last 2 days (or may just have her extend reservation). If she extends her program and doesn't come home on Jan 4 then maybe just me and hubs will go for a quick trip. We have AP's so tickets are paid for already. Plus NYE in Epcot! Yep it will be insanely crowded and I do not care LOL! DH asked if I was trying to hit a trip every month - first time (and probably only time) with an AP so I am making good use out of it.:P

FYI there are new 20% discounts from dec 8-24 from what I see. Of course I can’t get it since we are dec 1-7.

Is that a pass holder discount?
I don’t think so. Looks like it’s the same 20% room discount and also the family package they had since this summer but instead of it going from October 7-dec 24 it goes from dec 8-24.

Count me in for a stay at ASMo from 12/09/17 to 12/15/2017! Celebrating a year where my wife turned 60 and I turned 50. Also celebrating losing 45 pounds so far! I can't wait for this trip. It's been 4 long years without pixie dust for me and I so need a fix. lol We are also doing MVMCP on 12/14/17 and are set for Candlelight Processional on 12/11/17 at the 5 PM show.

Just extended our trip for one day since a flight came up that was more favorable for us. Now I need one extra dining reservation.

FP's tomorrow! My son is in charge and hoping to get FoP and SDMT as our priorities. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!!

Me too. Setting my alarm for 3:45 AM to get the ones I need. Sucks being on the west coast

Me too. Setting my alarm for 3:45 AM to get the ones I need. Sucks being on the west coast

Yes I am Mountain time and my son is Central! So that is how he was elected or I would be waking way too early for me, but might need to anyway due to the winter storm hitting here! Oh I do not like snow..at least when I have to drive in it.

Got my FP today. Got mostly what I was looking for. Having to do a little different strategy this trip due to an infant. We are getting our fast passes in the morning at the first park and not the evening at our second park in fear of the little guy sleeping and missing out on stuff. Hopefully we can get a couple fast passes in the evening when we park hop. This also eliminated the need to schedule around my ADR's. I know most FP are a waste in the morning if you can get there early enough but we need to go around the little guys schedule and not ours. Should be a great trip. I did have to get FOP for later in the week though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter