***Official December 2022 Thread***

Our upcoming December has been through a whirl-wind of changes!!

When I first announced our quickie weekend trip, I booked us at the DoubleTree offsite - mainly because I couldnt find a room on-site as everything was booked!

Then I found a room at POFQ so I cancelled the DT and booked that...then I found a Moana room at the Poly and then I booked that...THEN I found a Tower - Lake view room at CR and settled there...we've never stayed at the CR before, only BLT so I'm super excited about the Incredibles theming!

Anyway - when I booked the POFQ, Poly and CR there were no discounts available but as I was re-checking this past weekend I was able to apply the "Passholders Save up to 25%" off and saved almost $400!

So if you are a passholder you might want to check and see if you can apply a discount to your already booked room!

We'll be at the Swan Dec 7-13 and debating adding a night at AKL at the beginning. Wondering if it's worth it. It'll be our first trip with the little one so we know it'll be slower paced but we're looking forward to the holidays at Disney as a family.

We'll be at the Swan Dec 7-13 and debating adding a night at AKL at the beginning. Wondering if it's worth it. It'll be our first trip with the little one so we know it'll be slower paced but we're looking forward to the holidays at Disney as a family.
I'm at the Swan the same dates..We added one day on the end at POFQ and are flying in the 6th and staying at Towneplace Suites through UT to get a 50% rental car. 4 weeks from tomorrow we'll both be at the Swan!

I'm at the Swan the same dates..We added one day on the end at POFQ and are flying in the 6th and staying at Towneplace Suites through UT to get a 50% rental car. 4 weeks from tomorrow we'll both be at the Swan!
So looking forward to it! We stayed at the Swan for the first time back in September and decided we had to stay there again.

So looking forward to it! We stayed at the Swan for the first time back in September and decided we had to stay there again.
We stayed for our first time in May and originally thought we'd do POFQ for this trip but then I saw we could book the Swan for less than POFQ. We loved the Swan in May, and are looking forward to staying this time again especially since we're mostly going to Epcot.

Anyway - when I booked the POFQ, Poly and CR there were no discounts available but as I was re-checking this past weekend I was able to apply the "Passholders Save up to 25%" off and saved almost $400!
We had a similar experience. We booked CBR at first because it was one of the few resorts available. I kept watching and as soon as the AP discounts were released, I was able to grab YC for not much more than CBR at rack rate.

If Disney decides to change their park hours, about how early do they tend do that? Or is it completely random? Would love to see some park hours extended between Xmas and NYE!

Decided on Friday to book 12/9-12/12 at All Star Movies. I needed two more legs to get my next level of status on United, so rather than a “throw away trip” in one day to Dallas or Austin, for almost the same price I could fly to Orlando. I have an AP so didn’t need tickets. Was able to book MVMCP on 12/11 and a Candlelight Processional dining package to see Josh Gad on 12/10! I’m not planning on booking too many sit down meals, as this is my 5th trip this year and I just want to take it slow and take in the Christmas atmosphere.

I’ve never done CP, so have a question for those who have. My ADR is at 4:25 at Garden Grill and I have the 7:00pm show. What time should I line up to get in for the show? I was thinking 6:15/6:20 ish? Too late? Too early?

Decided on Friday to book 12/9-12/12 at All Star Movies. I needed two more legs to get my next level of status on United, so rather than a “throw away trip” in one day to Dallas or Austin, for almost the same price I could fly to Orlando. I have an AP so didn’t need tickets. Was able to book MVMCP on 12/11 and a Candlelight Processional dining package to see Josh Gad on 12/10! I’m not planning on booking too many sit down meals, as this is my 5th trip this year and I just want to take it slow and take in the Christmas atmosphere.

I’ve never done CP, so have a question for those who have. My ADR is at 4:25 at Garden Grill and I have the 7:00pm show. What time should I line up to get in for the show? I was thinking 6:15/6:20 ish? Too late? Too early?
With the dining package you can walk up right before and get a seat. If you want to guarantee a close seat than yea prolly be abit early but maybe only like 30 min. Altho every year could be different.

Why is Hollywood Studios filling up more than MK for week after Christmas?

I want to know the same thing. We booked 12/29 and that day MK isn’t sold out.

That entire week usually gets completely grayed out. Park hoppers are probably going to crowd the sold out days in the evenings.

Annual passholders maybe?

It's the smallest park and has the "big" attractions people want to ride/see. HS usually fills up first alongside MK regardless of what week it is.

DECEMBER 5th FANTASMIC Dining Package - Mama Melrose
If anyone has an extra "seat" or is willing/able to add ONE to their reservation for the Dec 5th Fantasmic Dining reservation, please PM me. Solo traveling, 55 yr old female. Only night I can attend the show. Been trying to get a reservation since they opened with no luck. Thanks much.
(yes, been trying for a party of 2, not 1)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter