• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official December 2022 Thread***

This will be our first year we'll be there for the candlelight processional. I've read that dining packages can be booked 60 days prior. Is that 60 days prior to our check-in date like regular dining or 60 days from the CP night we want to attend?
According to the WDW website, packages go on sale September 29.

I'm not seeing that info yet. On the disneyworld site, I see "Beginning October 6, 2022, you can secure your spot for this limited-time experience by booking online."
Yes. They changed it. My post was a copy and paste from the WDW website that was released on Facebook earlier today.

So excited to join!! And So Very Excited to be planning another trip!

We'll be at POFQ December 5-16, which means we'll be there for my birthday! We almost waited until January so our two younger (college-age) kids could join us, but I've always wanted to go for my birthday and enjoy all of the holiday stuff...so this trip is just my husband and me.

I've made my Park Reservations and am finalizing my ADRs so I'll be ready to go next week at the 60 day mark!

I spoke with Disney Dining and they confirmed that the usual 60 dining rule is in effect for Candlelight Processional dining package reservations, meaning we can book a package for our trip starting on the 60 day window. For us that's Dec 6th, so we can book the package on Oct 7th. I was also told that Daymond John will be the narrator Dec 7-9th.

Hi y'all -- new here, and so excited to have another WDW trip on the books!
My partner and I will be staying offsite for the first time December 3-8 at the Holiday Inn Orlando - Disney Springs Area.

Our tentative plans are:
12/3 - Arrival/ Disney Springs
12/4 - Resort hop to tour gingerbread houses/MVMCP
12/5 - Animal Kingdom/ Park hop??
12/6 - Hollywood Studios/ Park hop??
12/7 - Epcot
12/8 - Check out

We'll have a rental car, so we'll mostly use that for park transportation from the hotel.
I'm following along for insight re: large company event.
Any feedback on that Holiday Inn or our touring plans is very welcome!

Just planned a December trip, a first for us.
We will be there on my 50th Birthday and to activate my 1st Annual Pass (birthday present!)

Me, DH and our 3 kids (16, 14, 11)
Dec 17-20
Caribbean Beach

We have never been this close to Christmas so I want to make sure we catch all the Holiday events and themes. Please post/mention your special holiday plans.

🎂::MickeyMo🎁🎅🎉

We have never been this close to Christmas so I want to make sure we catch all the Holiday events and themes. Please post/mention your special holiday plans.

🎂::MickeyMo🎁🎅🎉

We're not doing the Christmas Party - too much $$$ for us. So far the only Christmassy things I'm planning are:

Candlelight Processional
Epcot Festival of the Holidays - walking around and trying some of the food/watching some storytellers/Joyful/looking at all of the decor.
Grand Floridian - I want to see the Gingerbread House! If we have time, Wilderness Lodge as well, as I hear that it is very beautiful. I know some other Resorts have Gingerbread displays...I'm just not sure how many we'll have time to see.
Disney Springs - Christmas Tree Trail

I'm keeping my eyes out for anything else particularly Holidayish!

I must be the only person who finds the Candlelight Processional dead boring. I don't know what I expected but it just reminded me of being forced to sit in church as a child except this time I got to pay for it. It was so religious I was kind of shocked. I guess I expected fun Christmas carols and instead it was...not that. We did it once and that was more than enough!

Is it unreasonable to think we can do everything in Epcot in one day? I was planning to rope drop, do all the rides, and then hit the Christmas stuff. We definitely want to do Candlelight and then hopefully see some of the shows in the countries while snacking around the booths.

I've read the opinion above about Candlelight Processional being boring. So now I want to know others opinion if you had elementary-aged kids with you. We go to church so the religious aspect is a non-issue. Is it something that will hold their attention - I know the 9 year old will have no issue, but wondering if it's too much for the younger one.

Thanks!

I've read the opinion above about Candlelight Processional being boring. So now I want to know others opinion if you had elementary-aged kids with you. We go to church so the religious aspect is a non-issue. Is it something that will hold their attention - I know the 9 year old will have no issue, but wondering if it's too much for the younger one.

Thanks!
It will be 20-25 minutes of traditional Christmas songs along with a narration of the birth of Christ. Although it is beautiful music and very well done, I would not go out of my way to get into the seating area. You can hear it from outside the pavilion. I would think that your school age kids would much prefer to do something more fun than that. :)

Just happened upon this thread!
Getting super excited for our vaca Dec 1-5 at the Poly. Then boarding Disney Wish Merry Time Dec 5-9

We are only doing 2 parks, and maybe one ADR (considering Ohana) We have MVMCP on Sunday 12/4.
Th 12/1 - half day Epcot
Fri 12/2 MK
Sat 12/3 Epcot
Sun 12/4MVMCP
12/5 - 12/9 Wish

I hope that everyone that was able to make dining reservations this morning was able to get what they wanted. I was worried that I wouldn’t get ours because of how busy it keeps saying the first 2 weeks will be. I was pleasantly surprised that I got everything and the times I wanted.

I hope that everyone that was able to make dining reservations this morning was able to get what they wanted. I was worried that I wouldn’t get ours because of how busy it keeps saying the first 2 weeks will be. I was pleasantly surprised that I got everything and the times I wanted.
Not much luck here. But I assume because it’s a short trip so we didn’t get to take much advantage of the 60+. We weren’t planning on many ADRs. I got Teppan Edu a little earlier than I had wanted but I’ll take it. Otherwise no luck at all with Ohana or Via Napoli. Touring plans reservation finder almost always comes through for us though, so fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter