***Official December 2023 Thread***

My booking window opened today. Saw the post-party available for 2 times on the 30th. Ended up just going with post-party on the 27th for my sisters birthday and booked California Grill for the special fireworks on the 30th instead. Just use the regular Magic Kingdom dessert party option for booking in the Magical Extras tab.
Hi, I see these on my dining search but it just has a 'book now' but no option to book or time to select when I click to book. Did you book online?

Hi, I see these on my dining search but it just has a 'book now' but no option to book or time to select when I click to book. Did you book online?
Yes. I went to the Disney website, then under enchanted extras collection in the “things to do” tab. Go to the fireworks party you’re interested in, post, pre or sweets and seats, then check availability. Make sure you are signed in to your Disney account so it shows you the 60 + 10 window.

My booking window opened today. Saw the post-party available for 2 times on the 30th. Ended up just going with post-party on the 27th for my sisters birthday and booked California Grill for the special fireworks on the 30th instead. Just use the regular Magic Kingdom dessert party option for booking in the Magical Extras tab.
Do you mind checking if something is available for the 29th as well for Minnie's Christmastime Fireworks?

My booking window opens tomorrow so I am planning now. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the info!

Do you mind checking if something is available for the 29th as well for Minnie's Christmastime Fireworks?

My booking window opens tomorrow so I am planning now. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the info!
Minnie’s Christmas dessert party is only available on the special ticketed party nights. On the nights there is no party, you want to look at the regular magic kingdom dessert party under the enchanting extras. You didn’t mention how many, but I do see availability for 4 on the 29th for both the pre and post party. Nothing for sweets and seats. Don’t forget, you can book magical extras beginning at 12am EST. You don’t have to wait until regular dining opens at 6am.

Minnie’s Christmas dessert party is only available on the special ticketed party nights. On the nights there is no party, you want to look at the regular magic kingdom dessert party under the enchanting extras. You didn’t mention how many, but I do see availability for 4 on the 29th for both the pre and post party. Nothing for sweets and seats. Don’t forget, you can book magical extras beginning at 12am EST. You don’t have to wait until regular dining opens at 6am.
I didn't realize that. Can I book those 60+10 at midnight?

I'm not sure if I want to do it the 29th or the 31st. I am leaning to the 31st since crowds are just going to be insane that day and I think we are going to head out of MK after the 6:30 showing and enjoy the resort activities.

I have a party of 8.

I got it....and thanks to you when I got up at 5:30am I checked for it early and was able to book it after midnight, I guess, I didn't stay up until midnight, but I grabbed the 12/31 fireworks post-party which was booking at 5:30 since I guess they are only doing it for the first fireworks show.

THANK YOU!

My dining window opened today 🎉

Disney’s website is SO frustrating!! I have tried multiple browsers, laptop vs phone, the app…. and they all work so sporadically. Anyone else have issues with dining pages not loading???

Disney’s website is SO frustrating!! I have tried multiple browsers, laptop vs phone, the app…. and they all work so sporadically. Anyone else have issues with dining pages not loading???
Unlike last year, where I did have that problem, I was using a couple different computers and Microsoft Edge seemed to work better. It did bump me out a bit and there were a couple times when my +10 dates disappeared but then I reloaded a few times and they came back.

Overall, I got everything I wanted and it seemed like there was pretty decent availability. Did you have better luck?

Oh, I did have to call in for the Candlelight processional. That was not working at ALL for me, but when I called in she was able to book exactly the time I wanted for breakfast and the processional time I wanted.

Sending you good luck!

Not sure if this will help you. I have found that Firefox works better than Chrome. (and always in private browser mode -- so that no cookies get stored after the session is over)
I suspect the "not loading" has something to do with the browser's inability to either properly dispose of or overwrite the stored cookies.

I have also noticed that I will simply be logged out if I "refresh" too much.
Disney's website is surely finicky.

I'm planning a holiday surprise for the family :) We're staying off site from 12/27-1/5. My dream plan would include a MK Fireworks Party on 1/3. Since I can only see 60 day availability....can someone with +10 vision look to see if firework parties are on the calendar for 1/3?? I'm a lil worried about it being a Wednesday they skip since the week prior has nightly Fireworks Parties...

I'm planning a holiday surprise for the family :) We're staying off site from 12/27-1/5. My dream plan would include a MK Fireworks Party on 1/3. Since I can only see 60 day availability....can someone with +10 vision look to see if firework parties are on the calendar for 1/3?? I'm a lil worried about it being a Wednesday they skip since the week prior has nightly Fireworks Parties...

I can see pre-parties all open through January 6th, Seats and Sweets open through the 6th, but no Post-dessert party.

I can see pre-parties all open through January 6th, Seats and Sweets open through the 6th, but no Post-dessert party.
Thanks for checking! Just to clarify...the pre party is offered & open on 1/3 but the post party isn't offered? or the post-party on 1/3 has no availability?

Thanks for checking! Just to clarify...the pre party is offered & open on 1/3 but the post party isn't offered? or the post-party on 1/3 has no availability?
So I initially checked the post party and saw nothing as option for the entire month of January and I was writing to tell you it wasn't happening at all, but then I figured let me check the two others (seats and pre) and the two others are both open and show blue dates.

I'm guessing they are (as of now) not offering the post party at all. I don't think it's an issue of availability.

I also checked on 12/29 the other day I was considering booking the post party and the entire week is available during December. It is just unavailable in January as of now. I did book the post-party for NYE which they are only showing available for the early fireworks showing.

I hope that all makes sense.

Last edited:
Unlike last year, where I did have that problem, I was using a couple different computers and Microsoft Edge seemed to work better. It did bump me out a bit and there were a couple times when my +10 dates disappeared but then I reloaded a few times and they came back.

Overall, I got everything I wanted and it seemed like there was pretty decent availability. Did you have better luck?

Oh, I did have to call in for the Candlelight processional. That was not working at ALL for me, but when I called in she was able to book exactly the time I wanted for breakfast and the processional time I wanted.

Sending you good luck!

Not sure if this will help you. I have found that Firefox works better than Chrome. (and always in private browser mode -- so that no cookies get stored after the session is over)
I suspect the "not loading" has something to do with the browser's inability to either properly dispose of or overwrite the stored cookies.

I have also noticed that I will simply be logged out if I "refresh" too much.
Disney's website is surely finicky.
Thank you both for the suggestions. After a lot of logging in/out and browser switching I was able to get everything I wanted. Availability was much more open than I was expecting for a holiday week!

How many people are in your party? I searched for 4 people for Jan 3 and here is what I see available:

Pre-Party at 6:30pm
Seats & Sweets 7:00pm

Post- Party is not selectable for any January dates, it's possible they haven't been loaded yet?

How many people are in your party? I searched for 4 people for Jan 3 and here is what I see available:

Pre-Party at 6:30pm
Seats & Sweets 7:00pm

Post- Party is not selectable for any January dates, it's possible they haven't been loaded yet?
Thanks for looking into this! I feel better just knowing it's being offered on 1/3. I have 6 "adults" and 1 child. (sidenote: they should really have some tween pricing to events like these, oh well.) If pre-party is what's available and fingers crossed there's space come my ADR day....we'll roll with that option. It's odd that the post-party isn't posted right? I don't know why they'd do away with it altogether as a party option...:confused3

I know this will just be an educated guess, but can someone give me their insights on what the timing will be for the pre and post dessert parties on December 30th. I assuming that the Post-Party at 5:30 is for a 6:30 fireworks show and the Pre-Party at 10:20 is for the late show at Midnight? Will both shows be identical? Thanks in advance!

Hello !!! We will be there for New Year plus Marathon weekend

Both our boys (15 and 11) are autistic, so we will have DAS, but with coming from UK, probably not able to get details etc on our account til we arrive

This is our first time at WDW for New Year, so trying to navigate options

We now they have fireworks on 30 & 31 at MK

What about epcot and HS ? - and do either of those parks do an earlier evening fireworks display ?

TIA

I know this will just be an educated guess, but can someone give me their insights on what the timing will be for the pre and post dessert parties on December 30th. I assuming that the Post-Party at 5:30 is for a 6:30 fireworks show and the Pre-Party at 10:20 is for the late show at Midnight? Will both shows be identical? Thanks in advance!
The pre-party options on 12/30 are 5PM and 10:20.

The post-party options are 5:30 and 10:50pm.

HOWEVER, options are looking low. I can only find room for 3 people at 5:30 and 2 or less for the 10:50 option for the post-party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter