• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Official DLR November 2022 check in thread **

Our arrival day we will probably get into the parks around 12-1 and I’m not planning on buying G+ so we’ll take it as a slow day. We’re starting in DCA so may do ILL for Webslingers since we’ve never done it and then just go with the flow. We’ll also plan on doing some shopping in DTD when we go for our Trader Sam’s reservation. My son wants to go check out the Haunted Mansion exhibit in between the opera house and Disneyana. I’ll probably go get my Pandora charm and go check out the Crystal Arts store. Finally we’ll round out the night in Galaxy’s Edge to buy legacy lightsabers.

Next morning we’ll rope drop DCA. It’s been a while since we’ve started in that park so I’m not sure where to head to…

I know the early November folks are a bit spase, but would anyone be interested in an 11am Blue Bayou reservation for November 3rd for 2 people? Now that we are in serious planning mode, I'm realizing we want more counter/quick service meals than I was anticipating (well I initially suspected that, but couldn't help myself reserving things lol). We've also done BB a number of times in the past, so this is something we can skip for now. I'm willing to coordinate the release of the reservation, just let me know!

Last edited:
We'll be in the parks 11/13 - 11/15. Doing Disneyland 11/13, DCA 11/14, and back to Disneyland 11/15, no park hopping. No dining reservations - just going to go soak up the Disney Christmas atmosphere! Hope everyone else has a great time!

My wait list for VGC came through for the extra night of 11/15. So instead of 11/16-11/18 at VGC, we have 11/15-11/18. I will probably work a half day on 11/15 and then head over to the resort. We live locally and are doing this mini staycation for holiday season. We have done this many times over the years. I have booked no ADRs. We will eat just do counter service I think.

November is getting closer!! I am so bummed that the cost of light sabers and droids went up (and ILL) but I’m still excited! I’m reviewing my budget to cut corners for those extra costs. This trip is my bucket list trip. I beat cancer 1 year ago this month and I want this to be the best trip ever!!! We haven’t been as a family in 4 years! If anyone wants to update the cost of ILL while they are their I would appreciate it.

Jcatron, what a fabulous thing to celebrate. I definitely support splurging!

I’m bummed about the recent negative reports but hopefully things will get better once Halloween and its crowds are over. And I’m sure glad I made the decision to add Genie+ when I did-four days for 8 people-that increase would’ve hurt.

I’m so devastated that we need to cancel our November trip 😭. My husband has been in the hospital since Oct. 4th, and it’s become clear that he won’t be well enough to travel by Nov. 1st. I haven’t told the kids yet - I just don’t have the mental capacity right now to deal with their grief, as well as my own. We will probably reschedule for January or February, but we have only ever gone the first week of November, so I’m nervous about weather and refurbishments in Jan/Feb. I spent so much time planning this trip, and honestly would be fine with postponing until November 2023, if it wasn’t for the kids. I can’t make them wait that long!

I’m so devastated that we need to cancel our November trip 😭. My husband has been in the hospital since Oct. 4th, and it’s become clear that he won’t be well enough to travel by Nov. 1st. I haven’t told the kids yet - I just don’t have the mental capacity right now to deal with their grief, as well as my own. We will probably reschedule for January or February, but we have only ever gone the first week of November, so I’m nervous about weather and refurbishments in Jan/Feb. I spent so much time planning this trip, and honestly would be fine with postponing until November 2023, if it wasn’t for the kids. I can’t make them wait that long!

I'm sorry you have to cancel. I hope your husband gets well soon.

I am so sorry. It sounds like such a stressful time and to lose this on top of it-it’s a lot for all of you.

So sorry to hear this! We have been in January and if you can avoid the run days it’s usually “quiet”. Take care.

25 days for us. Nov 11-20th at the HOJO. Trying to finalize plans. Anyone else constantly second-guessing park day choices? We have a 5-day park hopper and I bought an extra 1-day ticket as well so we can have 6 days in the park. We have Sat the 12th, Mon 14th, Tues 15th, Wed 16th, Fri 18th, and Sat 19th. I'm stressing if we should do the Monday, or if I should change that to go Thurs 17th instead. I feel like Monday will be busy with overflow from the holiday weekend and the first weekend of holiday offerings. But then again, I like the flow I have with a break mid trip. We go hard....rope drop til park close. And I also don't like the idea off having 2 off days in a row. Thoughts??? What would you do?

25 days for us. Nov 11-20th at the HOJO. Trying to finalize plans. Anyone else constantly second-guessing park day choices? We have a 5-day park hopper and I bought an extra 1-day ticket as well so we can have 6 days in the park. We have Sat the 12th, Mon 14th, Tues 15th, Wed 16th, Fri 18th, and Sat 19th. I'm stressing if we should do the Monday, or if I should change that to go Thurs 17th instead. I feel like Monday will be busy with overflow from the holiday weekend and the first weekend of holiday offerings. But then again, I like the flow I have with a break mid trip. We go hard....rope drop til park close. And I also don't like the idea off having 2 off days in a row. Thoughts??? What would you do?
Always rethink, lol! But in the end we’re just going with the flow of what we originally set up. We arrive the 14th. We haven’t been in 13 years so we’ll just see how it goes. We do not do commando anymore, we’re too old. rest time mid-day and then back in the evening. Only one I am a bit worried about is the Monday we arrive. We have to fly from the West coast so we don’t land until 4:30. So may not get to hotel, and then Epcot until 7? Good thing is that’s a Monday with extended Epcot hours until 11 which is only 8 West Coast time. What I am NOT looking forward to is having to get up by 7 (equivalent of 4) to make these darn ILL and Genie+ picks.
if you go commando style probably want SOME break in there.

Always rethink, lol! But in the end we’re just going with the flow of what we originally set up. We arrive the 14th. We haven’t been in 13 years so we’ll just see how it goes. We do not do commando anymore, we’re too old. rest time mid-day and then back in the evening. Only one I am a bit worried about is the Monday we arrive. We have to fly from the West coast so we don’t land until 4:30. So may not get to hotel, and then Epcot until 7? Good thing is that’s a Monday with extended Epcot hours until 11 which is only 8 West Coast time. What I am NOT looking forward to is having to get up by 7 (equivalent of 4) to make these darn ILL and Genie+ picks.
if you go commando style probably want SOME break in there.
Oh I wish I was 25 days from our WDW trip, but this is a Disneyland thread. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter