Official 'how to get from point A to point B while at WDW' thread.

Good to know.

Right now DS says open to 11pm and the fireworks time says 8pm. I actually might have more trouble getting from Sanaa to the Poly in time for the fireworks, now that I'm looking at the details.

Regarding buses... I guess most passengers will be going from Disney Springs to the hotel but we will be going in the opposite direction from the hotel to Disney Springs. I assume buses run both ways, is that not correct?
Buses run both ways when places are open but once a location closes, buses don’t normally take guests there.

This is why we recommend guests not leave their vehicle at a park they are no longer at.

You will be able to take private transpiration to DS so you could take Uber or Lyft to DS even after closing.

Trying to figure out our non-park day. We are staying Off Property so need a place to park car for the day. Could move the car if needed, but I'm thinking I might not have to. Any flaws in my plan or suggestions to improve?

Park at Disney Springs mid-morning
Take the boat to Port Orleans French Quarter to walk around and have beignets and coffee
Return to Disney Springs via boat
Lunch and shopping for a few hours at Disney Springs

We have a 5:20 ADR at Sanaa but I've always wanted to see Jambo House so I was thinking we...

Bus from Disney Springs to Animal Kingdom Lodge and stop at Jambo House
Walk around Jambo House then take the walking path to Kidani Village for our reservation

We were then thinking about ending the evening at the Poly to see the fireworks from either an outside table or the beach so we would.....

Bus from Kidani Village to Magic Kingdom (I think this drops off at the main gate, not TTC)
Take Monorail to Polynesian

After drinks and fireworks at the Poly, take bus back to Disney Spring which is where our car has been parked all day.

So flaws in my plan? Any better options?

This may be naive, but why not drive your car from Disney Springs to AKL for your Sanaa ACR. They will allow you to parkt there if you say you have a ADR. Then from there drive to Poly. Unless taking transportation and monorail was going to be part of the experience

This may be naive, but why not drive your car from Disney Springs to AKL for your Sanaa ACR. They will allow you to parkt there if you say you have a ADR. Then from there drive to Poly. Unless taking transportation and monorail was going to be part of the experience
Poly will not allow them to park there.

Maybe not worth the risk, but last summer, we dropped our adult kids at the golf course next door, went to Poly and told guard that and that we wanted to wait at Poly and get the pork nachos and visit tambu lounge and he let us park there without any kind of a hassle.

Maybe not worth the risk, but last summer, we dropped our adult kids at the golf course next door, went to Poly and told guard that and that we wanted to wait at Poly and get the pork nachos and visit tambu lounge and he let us park there without any kind of a hassle.
This may happen but not often. Parking at resorts is strictly enforced as guests try to avoid paying for parking going to the parks. There are many reports of guests being turned away without a resort stay or dining reservation.

Would love to do that but we don’t have an ADR at the poly. Was just going to try to pop in to get a cocktail and watch fireworks from the beach.

Will they allow parking at the Poly for a lounge visit?

Nevermind, just saw all the other posts. No ADR, no parking likely so wouldn’t want to risk it.

Last edited:
We need to pick up our park tickets at Shades of Green resort when we arrive in January. We are staying at the Dolphin resort by Epcot. What ways could we get there from the Dolphin, we will not have a car. Thanks in advance!

We need to pick up our park tickets at Shades of Green resort when we arrive in January. We are staying at the Dolphin resort by Epcot. What ways could we get there from the Dolphin, we will not have a car. Thanks in advance!
Walk from Dolphin to HS and catch a bus to TTC. Proceed to the Poly via the monorail.

Shades of Green is an easy walk from the Poly. And they often have (or had pre-Covid) staff ferrying guests from SoG to the edge of their property on a fairly steady basis, so you may be able to hitch a ride to the resort in an empty golf cart. Just be sure to tip the driver.

Or just take Uber or Minnie Van (much faster but not cheap).

Or catch SoG bus at HS.

Shades of Green is an easy walk from the Poly.
It used to be an easy walk, but I believe the walkway has been closed now due to construction.

Walking or taking the Friendship Boat to DHS then the SOG bus makes sense to me. You could also ask on the SOG thread, https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...y-world-resort-information-questions.2912833/, to be sure you don’t need special ID or room key for that - SOG is not a Disney resort and sometimes has special rules about access.

It used to be an easy walk, but I believe the walkway has been closed now due to construction.

Walking or taking the Friendship Boat to DHS then the SOG bus makes sense to me. You could also ask on the SOG thread, https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...y-world-resort-information-questions.2912833/, to be sure you don’t need special ID or room key for that - SOG is not a Disney resort and sometimes has special rules about access.
Thanks for the reply!
My husband is military so he will have his ID we just have to pick them up. I will check into going from HS. If we took the monorail from Epcot is there anyway to get there from there?

Walk from Dolphin to HS and catch a bus to TTC. Proceed to the Poly via the monorail.

Shades of Green is an easy walk from the Poly. And they often have (or had pre-Covid) staff ferrying guests from SoG to the edge of their property on a fairly steady basis, so you may be able to hitch a ride to the resort in an empty golf cart. Just be sure to tip the driver.

Or just take Uber or Minnie Van (much faster but not cheap).

Or catch SoG bus at HS.
Thank you for the information!

Thanks for the reply!
My husband is military so he will have his ID we just have to pick them up.
Excellent !
I will check into going from HS. If we took the monorail from Epcot is there anyway to get there from there?

I assume there’s a bus between SOG and MK. I’m not sure whether it picks up/drops off at the TTC where the Epcot monorail stops, or from the MK bus station meaning you’d need to transfer at the TTC to the Express (or slower Resort) monorail to MK. Asking on the SOG thread should help straighten that out!

Just remember that the Epcot monorail leaves from the front of Epcot, and the Dolphin is at the back. You would have to enter Epcot at the International Gateway (IG) and walk all the way through, and if you don’t have park tickets yet, that’s not an option! :cutie:

Excellent !
I will check into going from HS. If we took the monorail from Epcot is there anyway to get there from there?

I assume there’s a bus between SOG and MK. I’m not sure whether it picks up/drops off at the TTC where the Epcot monorail stops, or from the MK bus station meaning you’d need to transfer at the TTC to the Express (or slower Resort) monorail to MK. Asking on the SOG thread should help straighten that out!

Just remember that the Epcot monorail leaves from the front of Epcot, and the Dolphin is at the back. You would have to enter Epcot at the International Gateway (IG) and walk all the way through, and if you don’t have park tickets yet, that’s not an option! :cutie:
That’s true I think Hollywood Studios bus will be our best bet. Thanks again!

One week before we get on our (red-eye) flight! Who hoo!

I think I’ve figured out most of the transportation details for our stay except 1.

We’ll be staying at the Swan for the first half out our trip. During our “rest” day, we’re planning on a Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Springs outing. We would like to include a Skyliner voyage during this outing. When I say “we”, I really mean my DW and DD…. I’m afraid of heights, but just like our Whistler BC trip, and the Peak2Peak ride, I’ll just have to white knuckle it. 🤢

I’m thinking we’ll walk over to the International Gateway, get on the Skyliner, and ride over to the Caribbean Beach Resort. From there we’d catch a bus to either Disney Springs or Typhoon Lagoon (depending on timing). From TL, we’ll head over to DS for our ADR, and then catch a bus back to the Boardwalk resort.

Does that sound like a good plan?

One week before we get on our (red-eye) flight! Who hoo!

I think I’ve figured out most of the transportation details for our stay except 1.

We’ll be staying at the Swan for the first half out our trip. During our “rest” day, we’re planning on a Typhoon Lagoon and Disney Springs outing. We would like to include a Skyliner voyage during this outing. When I say “we”, I really mean my DW and DD…. I’m afraid of heights, but just like our Whistler BC trip, and the Peak2Peak ride, I’ll just have to white knuckle it. 🤢

I’m thinking we’ll walk over to the International Gateway, get on the Skyliner, and ride over to the Caribbean Beach Resort. From there we’d catch a bus to either Disney Springs or Typhoon Lagoon (depending on timing). From TL, we’ll head over to DS for our ADR, and then catch a bus back to the Boardwalk resort.

Does that sound like a good plan?
Sounds reasonable. You may not be aware that from CBR or any resort, you’ll probably need to bus to DS and transfer to the TL bus (sometimes they change things, so check MDE when you’re there). Reverse to go back to BW - bus to DS, transfer to BW bus.

PS - if you’re really concerned about the Skyliner, you could walk/boat to DHS and catch it there. The DHS to CBR line is the shortest. And come to think of it, the walk from the Swan to DHS is about the same as Swan to Skyliner IG station.

Sounds reasonable. You may not be aware that from CBR or any resort, you’ll probably need to bus to DS and transfer to the TL bus (sometimes they change things, so check MDE when you’re there). Reverse to go back to BW - bus to DS, transfer to BW bus.

PS - if you’re really concerned about the Skyliner, you could walk/boat to DHS and catch it there. The DHS to CBR line is the shortest. And come to think of it, the walk from the Swan to DHS is about the same as Swan to Skyliner IG station.
As someone also who’s not thrilled with heights, definitely the HS skyliner ride is better. I much better handled that. Epcot part also has some higher parts.

Thanks for the suggestion! Didn’t think about that option - the maps don’t always paint a clear picture.

We’ll check on the direct CBR to TL bus. I figured we would need to do the DS/TL connection at some point, but hoping to save a connection if we head straight to TL.

We’ll be at DHS and EPCOT the days before our TL day, so we’ll see which walk is preferred.

As someone also who’s not thrilled with heights, definitely the HS skyliner ride is better. I much better handled that. Epcot part also has some higher parts.
I’m guessing I’ll be okay on the Skyliner - might even bring back fond memories of the Skyway ride at DLR…. when I wasn’t affected by heights so much. But if DW and DD don’t have a preference, that’s definitely a good thing to add to the decision tree.

Last edited:
My wife and I will be staying at the Waldorf in December and would like to hit up Geyser Point at Wilderness lodge in the late afternoon or evening.
I know there were restrictions on resort hopping in 2021/2022, where one needed a reservation and possibly not being allowed to Uber/Lyft there directly.

Is that still a restriction?
I would like to be able to take a Lyft directly to Wilderness Lodge to eat at Geyser Point the afternoon we get into Florida. Is that possible, or must we take a bus from Disney Springs?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter