*** Official July 2022 Thread ***

Thread for those of us planning a trip in July 2022!!!
Hopefully all of this crap will be past us and we can enjoy the scorching hot heat of Florida in July without masks!

Sound off! When are you going in July 2022 and where will you be staying??

View attachment 594332

July 10-15 Swan and Sheraton Villages!

Never done a split stay nor stayed off property but excited!

It’s so much fun to see everyone getting excited!!
When the D+ discount came out, we rebooked from Pop to Port Orleans French Quarter—our absolute fave (July 9-12), and from *** to AS Music (July 16-23), as I read their rooms are all refurbished so have queen beds and a coffee maker. 😁
We’re doing Universal for 3 days in between the 2 stays. Ahhhhh! 81 days!

Hi all, July is getting CLOSE! I can't believe it's so close, actually! How is everyone doing with their planning!? Here's where we're at:
  • Resorts booked (this was done a while ago)
  • Transportation settled (driving :crazy2:, one DD flying home early & her flight is booked)
  • Tickets purchased (didn't buy Genie+ but did get hoppers)
  • Park reservations made (so far all of July is wide open, fellow July peeps!)
  • H2O Glow tickets purchased (instead of parks that day)
  • Moonlight Magic registration complete (instead of parks this day, too)
So next is trying to book Keys to the Kingdom tour. I'm doubtful I'll be able to get it - it seems to book up instantly and I'm trying (for various reasons & won't bore you with them) to get it on our very first full day, when conventional wisdom says to try for things like this as late in your trip as possible, so that will make it even harder to get. But I'll at least try for it! Next will be dining reservations. I will need to get myself organized for that to determine a priority order. We're doing a split-stay, so I'll have to make ADRs in two phases (nothing like self-imposed complications!).

I'm looking forward to reading about how everyone's planning is going, now that we're at 3 months out!!

We are 75 days based on the email Disney just sent with a count down. Looking over menus and such. I think our most difficult ressie is going to be storybook dining.

Our package is booked and almost paid off (woohoo!). I have our days planned and park reservations booked, but those plans could changed based on dining...I am so dreading booking ADRs. I'm terrified. We have some unicorns on our list: Sci Fi, Storybook, Tusker breakfast, and Space 220.

Park hours are starting to be posted for July (literally only July 1st is up, but still)! They will most likely change, but that means we're getting closer! 🎆

• We have our resorts booked and did online check-in
  • Tickets purchased from AAA (hoppers with Genie+) and linked to MDE
  • Park reservations made (these may change if the park hours or extended hour nights change, but I wanted to lock in something since we are going over July 4th)
  • Google Doc with itinerary started
  • Started buying gift cards at Target to get that 5% off (every little bit helps!)

We're driving so I don't need to make transportation plans other than when we will leave.

I would normally be scouring menus and taking notes on what and where to eat, but since we just went in March, I can wait til the summer snacks and menu updates start (if they change at all that is).

Since it's just me and my older kids (21, 20, 17), we may not do any ADRs this trip. . . still thinking on that one.

Left to do:

• Pay off the balance 🤑
  • Plan outfits 🤣
  • Possibly buy a new Loungefly??? (I only have one for reference, lol)
  • Shop for things like sunscreen and snacks
  • Transfer Disney Visa rewards money

Also waiting on how boarding will work at Guardians of the Galaxy so I can better my plan my evenings/park hopping.

I also *just* got into Minnie ears the past year (despite being 47!), but I am honestly thinking of skipping them in this heat and wearing a hat or visor. Maybe I will take them to wear at night??

Hope everyone's else's planning is going smoothly!

We're 82 days out from the start of our very first WDW vacation! We have tickets, the resort booked (CBR), park reservations, flights. I'm pretty set on where we'll be parking at our home airport and ground transportation (Sunshine Flyer), so I should probably go ahead and book those soon. I've been collecting gift cards all year and am just a few hundred away from having enough saved up for the whole vacation! Still need to make payments using those gift cards, put together a packing list and buy what we need from it, figure out & book ADRs and other experiences (eg, droids, Savi's).

I'm also worried about booking ADRs. I'm hoping to book Oga's at 60+2 and Topolino's breakfast at 60+4. Also considering Trex for arrival day, but I realize that's probably a pipe dream! 🙃 Other than those two, I don't think any are particularly difficult (Skipper's Canteen, Sebastians Bistro, either Saana/Boma/Yak&Yeti at AK).

This may be WAY off-base (and there might be pitfalls that I'm not recognizing) but do people traveling to WDW around the same time ever book ADRs for eachother? For example, if I booked an ADR that someone else would have trouble getting since it was 60+1 for their trip, but I was able to book since it was 60+8 for mine? Then coordinated drop/pick-up times so the person who wants the reservation could grab it right when it's available again? And then someone else traveling earlier did the same for me? Is this something we could possibly coordinate for eachother on this board?

Last edited:
This may be WAY off-base (and there might be pitfalls that I'm not recognizing) but do people traveling to WDW around the same time ever book ADRs for eachother? For example, if I booked an ADR that someone else would have trouble getting since it was 60+1 for their trip, but I was able to book since it was 60+8 for mine? Then coordinated drop/pick-up times so the person who wants the reservation could grab it right when it's available again? And then someone else traveling earlier did the same for me? Is this something we could possibly coordinate for eachother on this board?
Hmm, interesting idea! I know there are cancelled ADR threads where people post what they are planning to cancel (restaurant, date, time, how many in the party) to coordinate a time with someone who wants it so that they can cancel and book almost instantaneously. No idea how well that actually works out; I've never tried it. What you are suggesting would be more complicated, though, because everyone would always be booking forward. So you could book for someone coming after you, but then they would need to book for someone coming after THEM, if that makes sense. So there's no reciprocal relationship. Which is fine, of course, as people help each other out just to be nice. Maybe something to try!?

Hmm, interesting idea! I know there are cancelled ADR threads where people post what they are planning to cancel (restaurant, date, time, how many in the party) to coordinate a time with someone who wants it so that they can cancel and book almost instantaneously. No idea how well that actually works out; I've never tried it. What you are suggesting would be more complicated, though, because everyone would always be booking forward. So you could book for someone coming after you, but then they would need to book for someone coming after THEM, if that makes sense. So there's no reciprocal relationship. Which is fine, of course, as people help each other out just to be nice. Maybe something to try!?
Yes, the canceled ADR threads are what made me think of this. I haven't done this either (first Disney trip for us), but it seems like it would be a kind of prospective version of this. So if we wanted to try this, I think it would make sense to keep it very low promise/low expectation since it wouldn't be a 1:1 trade as you point out. More just throwing some pixie dust in a stranger's direction with no expectation of return!

So, I'll start by throwing out there that my ADR window opens May 13th and I could book July 12 through July 19th. If anyone is looking for a hard-to-get ADR for July 18-19 (60+6 and 60+7 for me) but can't book until several days after me, I'd be willing to see if I can book it after I'm done looking for my own ADRs that morning to potentially "hold" the reservation for you until your booking window opens and we can coordinate drop/pick-up times. No promises or expectations, of course!

We're 82 days out from the start of our very first WDW vacation! We have tickets, the resort booked (CBR), park reservations, flights. I'm pretty set on where we'll be parking at our home airport and ground transportation (Sunshine Flyer), so I should probably go ahead and book those soon. I've been collecting gift cards all year and am just a few hundred away from having enough saved up for the whole vacation! Still need to make payments using those gift cards, put together a packing list and buy what we need from it, figure out & book ADRs and other experiences (eg, droids, Savi's).

I'm also worried about booking ADRs. I'm hoping to book Oga's at 60+2 and Topolino's breakfast at 60+4. Also considering Trex for arrival day, but I realize that's probably a pipe dream! 🙃 Other than those two, I don't think any are particularly difficult (Skipper's Canteen, Sebastians Bistro, either Saana/Boma/Yak&Yeti at AK).

T-Rex is part of Landry's. Join the Landry's select club and you get priority seating. We've had it for years and only ever waiting maybe 10 minutes.

It does cost $25 to join, but you get a $25 welcome reward and a $25 reward every year on your birthday.

You can also use the card at Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom, we're always seated right away there without a reservation as well.

T-Rex is part of Landry's. Join the Landry's select club and you get priority seating. We've had it for years and only ever waiting maybe 10 minutes.

It does cost $25 to join, but you get a $25 welcome reward and a $25 reward every year on your birthday.

You can also use the card at Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom, we're always seated right away there without a reservation as well.
So, the Landry's card has actually worked for you to get into TRex with a reservation? I've read about it, but it seemed too good to be true! I'll have to discuss with my husband, I think we're still somewhat undecided on whether we go for a "nice" restaurant in Disney Springs (we're foodies) or something fun like TRex for the kids!

T rex is similar to rainforest cafe.You go for the ambience, not so much for the food. The food at those places is ok, I would say similar to a chili's or Applebees.
Yup, we recognize that, hence the hesitation! If you had to choose somewhere in Disney Spring with really good food, where would you pick? We're all pretty adventurous eaters, so any type of food would be good for us!

So, the Landry's card has actually worked for you to get into TRex with a reservation? I've read about it, but it seemed too good to be true! I'll have to discuss with my husband, I think we're still somewhat undecided on whether we go for a "nice" restaurant in Disney Springs (we're foodies) or something fun like TRex for the kids!
Yep, we never have a reservation but get in everytime!

Yup, we recognize that, hence the hesitation! If you had to choose somewhere in Disney Spring with really good food, where would you pick? We're all pretty adventurous eaters, so any type of food would be good for us!
Our favorite restaurant in Disney Springs is the Boathouse. We eat here multiple times a trip, and honestly think it's the best food in Disney.

Like previous poster said, TREX isn't the best food, but it is a fun atmosphere for the kids! We still go, we just know not to have high expectations food wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter