Official March 2022 thread!

Booked this morning! 3/27 - 4/2, staying at Bay Lake Tower. Though we love our home (OKW), it's time to experience some of the DVC resorts we've never stayed at.

@suse66 I didn't realize you'd started this! And of course I think we miss you by a few days, we just booked our first stay at the Dolphin March 6-10th after 1 night over at Universal on the 5th. Looking forward to trying out this resort!

@suse66 I didn't realize you'd started this! And of course I think we miss you by a few days, we just booked our first stay at the Dolphin March 6-10th after 1 night over at Universal on the 5th. Looking forward to trying out this resort!
Welcome, my friend! The Dolphin sounds great! Too bad we are going to miss each other......unless you end up adding on a few days. I changed our resort as I wanted to try out Saratoga and Old Key West. So we are doing 3 nights at SSR and 4 nights at OKW. All in the name of DVC research, right? I am trying to figure out where I would like to add on another smaller contract. :)

I will add you to the roll call!

Welcome, my friend! The Dolphin sounds great! Too bad we are going to miss each other......unless you end up adding on a few days. I changed our resort as I wanted to try out Saratoga and Old Key West. So we are doing 3 nights at SSR and 4 nights at OKW. All in the name of DVC research, right? I am trying to figure out where I would like to add on another smaller contract. :)
Yes I'm excited to stay there! Of course we may end up changing when my rates for 2022 open up lol.
Jenny loves OKW and we really like SSR so good choices!

We are officially booked! We’ll be there March 26-April 2. My first ever March trip! Staying off site because my parents and brother are joining us, and my parents have a timeshare in the area.

I'm dying during this time of not being able to plan anything! Waiting on Military discounts, waiting on Genie+ details/reports, waiting on ADR dates, too much is changing to get my heart set on anything! Even waiting to see if we'll be able to fly in March since we aren't vaccinated. With the current path of events, I am anticipating that being an issue!

And I am so sad Expedition Everest will be closed during March! It was one of my favorites on our first trip!

Anyone else having a really hard time waiting??

We are officially booked! We’ll be there March 26-April 2. My first ever March trip! Staying off site because my parents and brother are joining us, and my parents have a timeshare in the area.
Welcome! I will add you to the roll call!
I'm dying during this time of not being able to plan anything! Waiting on Military discounts, waiting on Genie+ details/reports, waiting on ADR dates, too much is changing to get my heart set on anything! Even waiting to see if we'll be able to fly in March since we aren't vaccinated. With the current path of events, I am anticipating that being an issue!

And I am so sad Expedition Everest will be closed during March! It was one of my favorites on our first trip!

Anyone else having a really hard time waiting??
It is so hard to wait, I totally get that. When we finally went back this past August, it had been 549 long days since our last trip. If you are Canadian, you must be fully vaccinated in order to fly. I am not sure what the requirements are in the US. ADRs are now set at 60 days. March is a very unlikely time for discounts and things are booking up quickly as it is prime Spring Break season. If you are planning for 2022, you may want to book a room only just to have something in place. Good luck!

My daughter's spring break is unusually early (for our school district) so we are going to WDW March 16 to the 20th. March 19th is my birthday and I'm so excited! We are staying at Pop!

Booked this morning! 3/27 - 4/2, staying at Bay Lake Tower. Though we love our home (OKW), it's time to experience some of the DVC resorts we've never stayed at.
Welcome! I am staying at OKW for the first time on my trip and am so excited! Bay Lake sounds awesome!
My daughter's spring break is unusually early (for our school district) so we are going to WDW March 16 to the 20th. March 19th is my birthday and I'm so excited! We are staying at Pop!
Welcome! Pop is one of my favourites. Such a fun vibe!

Welcome! I will add you to the roll call!
It is so hard to wait, I totally get that. When we finally went back this past August, it had been 549 long days since our last trip. If you are Canadian, you must be fully vaccinated in order to fly. I am not sure what the requirements are in the US. ADRs are now set at 60 days. March is a very unlikely time for discounts and things are booking up quickly as it is prime Spring Break season. If you are planning for 2022, you may want to book a room only just to have something in place. Good luck!
In US, other than flying to Hawaii you don't have to test or vaccinate, but I suspect that will end soon.

We have a basic package already at the Beach Club. Just hoping to maybe get a Military room discount (I know that's slim), but also hoping to hear about Military Salute tickets soon.

Welcome! I am staying at OKW for the first time on my trip and am so excited! Bay Lake sounds awesome!
Welcome! Pop is one of my favourites. Such a fun vibe!

Thank you! We stayed at Pop last trip and we really liked it, especially the Skyliner. We are taking two trips next year - March and October. We are going to stay at CBR in October.

I'm sad about this as well and plan to ride it a few times this month and when I'm there in Nov. and Dec. to get my fill lol! I think this is the first time it's going down in a LONG time; still stinks but I guess it was just a matter of time. Hopefully your military discounts will be out in the next month or so, I have folks waiting on those too!

We are heading down March 21 - 28. My first trip as a mom and so excited for my kiddos to experience it (9 and 6). We will be going with my parents and sister also. We are trying to determine where to stay. Currently booked Beach Club Villas through Disney but realizing that there might be a WAY cheaper option for a villa. Currently see that I could get a villa at Animal Kingdom or Old Key West for nearly half the price. Any insight on which one might be a better choice? Unfortunately, one of the pools at Animal Kingdom will be closed during that time.

Any insight/tips on how to choose a villa would be very helpful! :) There are so many details!

We are heading down March 21 - 28. My first trip as a mom and so excited for my kiddos to experience it (9 and 6). We will be going with my parents and sister also. We are trying to determine where to stay. Currently booked Beach Club Villas through Disney but realizing that there might be a WAY cheaper option for a villa. Currently see that I could get a villa at Animal Kingdom or Old Key West for nearly half the price. Any insight on which one might be a better choice? Unfortunately, one of the pools at Animal Kingdom will be closed during that time.

Any insight/tips on how to choose a villa would be very helpful! :) There are so many details!
What type of villa are you looking for? Studio, 1 bdrm or 2 bdrm? You might want to consider renting DVC points through an owner or agency. I am a DVC owner so would be happy to check availability for you. If you have a car, I would consider OKW as has a very relaxed, laid back vibe. It is a big resort though.

In the meantime, I'll add you to the roll call. Please let me know if you have any questions. :)

Hello, DISboards. Long time listener, first time caller. After two false starts due to Covid and work-related delays, we have booked our second family trip to WDW for March of 2022! Pretty excited! We're going to be staying at the CBR this time, first time for that. We stayed at Pop Century last time, in 2012. Wow, it took us ten whole years to get there again! Fingers crossed no plagues, kaiju, or assorted other acts of God keep us from going this time. I see there are tons of changes from the last trip I planned (was supposed to be Oct 2020!). Magic Bands are no longer mandatory, there's a Genie+ coming, I can order groceries to the hotel instead of taking up time shopping...as you might guess by my username, I have some kids. This time, two will be adults, one teen is not planning on going bc teen reasons, and the youngest will be turning 11 on our arrival day. Looking forward to any tips and tricks y'all can help with, including...which forum board should I read first?

Hello, DISboards. Long time listener, first time caller. After two false starts due to Covid and work-related delays, we have booked our second family trip to WDW for March of 2022! Pretty excited! We're going to be staying at the CBR this time, first time for that. We stayed at Pop Century last time, in 2012. Wow, it took us ten whole years to get there again! Fingers crossed no plagues, kaiju, or assorted other acts of God keep us from going this time. I see there are tons of changes from the last trip I planned (was supposed to be Oct 2020!). Magic Bands are no longer mandatory, there's a Genie+ coming, I can order groceries to the hotel instead of taking up time shopping...as you might guess by my username, I have some kids. This time, two will be adults, one teen is not planning on going bc teen reasons, and the youngest will be turning 11 on our arrival day. Looking forward to any tips and tricks y'all can help with, including...which forum board should I read first?

Heeey that's like us! We last had a full trip in 2012 for our honeymoon and came again last year :) Things have changed a LOT already from even when we went last December, so I'm just lurking on these boards mostly. I think you should Watch this thread, the Disney News Discussion thread, and keep an eye on the "What's New" stuff and Watch threads as they apply to you. I anticipate things will change even more before we go in March, so keeping an eye on those threads and the "Here Now" thread has been helpful :)

Heeey that's like us! We last had a full trip in 2012 for our honeymoon and came again last year :) Things have changed a LOT already from even when we went last December, so I'm just lurking on these boards mostly. I think you should Watch this thread, the Disney News Discussion thread, and keep an eye on the "What's New" stuff and Watch threads as they apply to you. I anticipate things will change even more before we go in March, so keeping an eye on those threads and the "Here Now" thread has been helpful :)
Oh, good ideas. Thanks!

Welcome! If you post your trip dates as well, I will add you to the roll call. I would start with the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies board, there are many informative posts there. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out and I'd be happy to help. When you haven't traveled to Disney in a long time, you might want to consider using a TA who can help you navigate all the details.

We're planning a trip for March 27 to April 2, just my mom and I, we're visiting my dd, she's starting the DCP in January. Planning to stay off site.

We're planning a trip for March 27 to April 2, just my mom and I, we're visiting my dd, she's starting the DCP in January. Planning to stay off site.
Welcome! I will add you to the roll call! Congrats to your daughter on getting into the DCP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter