Official March 2022 thread!

Today my daughter learned that we are going back to Disney for her spring break. As expected, she is just as excited to be going at 21 as she was when she was 10. I have been watching air fare and unfortunately the prices aren’t getting any better. We may end up driving. There is only one airline that flies out of our city, so no competition to lower prices.
So exciting!! Flights are terrible everywhere. I am an hour north of Toronto and we have multiple flight options out of Pearson, all of which are crazy expensive for March Break. I ended up using my Air miles rewards to fly out of Toronto Island airport and connect through Montreal which is going to make for a VERY long travel day. Not ideal but at least it was affordable.

Hope eveyone had a great Christmas! The kids unwrapped their magic bands yesterday and read a letter from Mickey! They are so so excited to go in March! The video of them unwrapping their gift was awesome! Can’t wait! 💕

Last edited:
Good evening! We’re headed to WDW March 26-April 2, same week we visited this year. We’re staying off-property again, this time at High Point Resort. My sister and her family are joining us this trip, so our crew will be 4 adults, a 2.5yo and an 1.5yo. We used a text alert service to get our dining reservations previously, but I imagine a party of 6 will be more difficult than 3. I’m excited to jump into planning mode!

Hi everyone!

I happily booked a March Break for 2022 yesterday and thought I'd start a thread for others travelling next March! Please join in with your dates/resorts etc. I will reserve post #2 for that information. Let's make March '22 the best Disney trips ever!

march 20-26 for us. Currently booked at CBR
Heading down from Ohio for Spring Break with hubby, 13 yo daughter, 8 yo son and in laws. (Yay.) Haven’t been in 4 years and am really flummoxed by what to do with so much in flux, because with prior trips I had ADRs, fast passes and touring plans set by this point. So overwhelmed with how to plan this trip with all the changes and lack of certainty!

Last edited:
Hope eveyone had a great Christmas! The kids unwrapped their magic bands yesterday and read a letter from Mickey! They are so so excited to go in March! The video of them unwrapping their gift was awesome! Can’t wait! 💕
That is awesome!! I bet the video was so sweet!
Good evening! We’re headed to WDW March 26-April 2, same week we visited this year. We’re staying off-property again, this time at High Point Resort. My sister and her family are joining us this trip, so our crew will be 4 adults, a 2.5yo and an 1.5yo. We used a text alert service to get our dining reservations previously, but I imagine a party of 6 will be more difficult than 3. I’m excited to jump into planning mode!
Yay! Welcome to the group. I will add you to the roll call.
march 20-26 for us. Currently booked at CBR
Heading down from Ohio for Spring Break with hubby, 13 yo daughter, 8 yo son and in laws. (Yay.) Haven’t been in 4 years and am really flummoxed by what to do with so much in flux, because with prior trips I had ADRs, fast passes and touring plans set by this point. So overwhelmed with how to plan this trip with all the changes and lack of certainty!
Welcome! Yes, things are definitely different now. ADR booking will be coming up next month for us. I use rope drop strategy as much as possible and try to knock out a lot in the first few hours. So far, I am only planning on using Genie+ on my MK and HS days as I really don't see the value in it for AK or EP. I really like Touring Plans for the crowd calendar and planning ideas so will be checking them out for sure.

Welcome! Yes, things are definitely different now. ADR booking will be coming up next month for us. I use rope drop strategy as much as possible and try to knock out a lot in the first few hours. So far, I am only planning on using Genie+ on my MK and HS days as I really don't see the value in it for AK or EP. I really like Touring Plans for the crowd calendar and planning ideas so will be checking them out for sure.

Yeah, we have used both pre-rope drop arrival and TP planning app to map things out on prior trips. But, I just ran a test plan for MK on the app and it told me to go to Buzz Lightyear and othe Tomorrowland rides first, which doesn’t make much sense to me. So I am now having doubts about whether it really works post COVID. 😬

Yeah, we have used both pre-rope drop arrival and TP planning app to map things out on prior trips. But, I just ran a test plan for MK on the app and it told me to go to Buzz Lightyear and othe Tomorrowland rides first, which doesn’t make much sense to me. So I am now having doubts about whether it really works post COVID. 😬
That's definitely the exact opposite approach than I would take. I am not the biggest fan of Tomorrowland (except for People Mover and CoP) so tend to start in Adventureland. If I time it right I hit Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Splash and BTMR within the first hour. Then I go to Haunted Mansion, IASW, the carousel and Peter Pan. I love Tiki Room too so would fit that in somewhere. I don't really love Fantasyland so don't bother with that section of the park. Toss in a snack somewhere and I am usually good to head out by 1:00. I might choose to grab lunch at one of the Monorail resorts or at Geyser Point before hopping to my next park.

We are going back to the World for the first time in 4 years. What are the current hard to get reservations I might want to focus my ADR efforts on? Or new restaurants that are “must tries”?

Also, what are the current “we text you if your reservation opens up” services you more experienced DISers would recommend?

Just booked a surprise trip going during my oldest Spring Break - 3/12 - 3/18 staying at AOA. We just went with the kids this past April but really want to go again. Now to get my head around it and start planning - the April trip I planned out for over a year so for this trip I already feel like i'm behind lol.

We are going back to the World for the first time in 4 years. What are the current hard to get reservations I might want to focus my ADR efforts on? Or new restaurants that are “must tries”?
I have heard great things about Wine Bar George and Jaleo in Disney Springs. Jock Lindsey's Hanger Bar is awesome for afternoon drinks and nibblies. I am a huge fan of Geyser Point at Wilderness Lodge, definitely a hidden gem. Friends that have had dinner at Toledo have raved about it. Three bridges at Coronado is absolutely amazing. One of the chefs from Victoria and Albert's is running the kitchen at Citrico's right now and I hear the food is amazing. Plus it is newly reimagined with a subtle Mary Poppins vibe that is just beautiful.
Also, what are the current “we text you if your reservation opens up” services you more experienced DISers would recommend?
I have had good luck using the reservation finder on Touring Plans. I have had friends use Mouse Dining as well.
Just booked a surprise trip going during my oldest Spring Break - 3/12 - 3/18 staying at AOA. We just went with the kids this past April but really want to go again. Now to get my head around it and start planning - the April trip I planned out for over a year so for this trip I already feel like i'm behind lol.
Welcome and happy trip planning! I will add you to the roll call. :)

Good luck. Hope you get everything you want. My day is the 12th.
Im not holding my breath! :rotfl:

I have a friend who says that Disney does their IT updates on Tuesday morning and that always causes the ADR folks to have issues when trying to book - but we'll see!

Im hoping I get a few but then I'll just pay for a ADR finder service and hopefully get the rest that way!

Happy New Year everyone!

We sat down last week and figured out where we'd like to get ADRs. This is our first trip to WDW. Here's our (hopeful) list:
Space 220 (lunch or lounge)
Be Our Guest (lunch)
50's Prime Time (lunch)
Topolino's Terrace (breakfast)
Boma (dinner)
Jungle Skipper Canteen (dinner)
Ale & Compass - breakfast on our last morning before leaving for the airport

And my pre-teen says that if Crystal Palace resumes character dining WITH hugs then he wants that breakfast. But really he just wants to hug Winnie the Pooh.
He has wonderful memories of breakfast at Plaza Inn at DL from our trip 4 years ago.

I'm assuming the order I listed the restaurants in is the best order to try to reserve in (???) - hardest to easiest?

Hello Marchers! Unfortunately, I ended up having to change my trip dates shortly after posting here originally, which is why I haven't been around. I had an issue come up with work, so we have moved our trip to June 2022. It was kind of a bummer, but we like our summer trips, so it's all good. Jealous of all of you going in 2 months, though. Have the best time!

8 more Fridays to go! (It feels like it’s a lot quicker for me when counting down that way 😂)

Managed to get the ADR’s planned for the first portion of our split stay, got Space 220 lunch but in hindsight I’m thinking I should have booked lounge instead as we’re not exactly big lunch eaters:headache:

Also realised Tiffins dinner availability is a lot earlier than when I usually eat, but I guess upside is that’ll leave room for extra snacks later on!

ADRs = BOOKED!! :jumping1:

it actually went surprisingly well!

The only hard ADR I couldnt get was Artist Point for night #1, which wasn't surprising but I have a few "watches" going with 2 different companies..along with a slightly later time for our California Grill ADR - I wanted like 6:30pm and got 6pm.... :rolleyes1

and for a lunch ADR at Rose & Crown I couldnt get anything but when I look for the whole month on Mouse Dining it shows that it's not released yet...so I have a few "watches" going for that too..

over all, Im super pleased! We got Yak n Yeti and Sci-Fi for the dates/times we wanted...along with BOG, Via Napoli, Homecoming, Citricos & La Creperie..

bring on the food! popcorn::

Congrats. Hope you are able to get the other reservations you want.

We have a short trip planned, so only looking to book 4 dinner reservations. We are looking at Brown Derby (husband insists we eat there whenever we go to WDW), Liberty Tree Tavern, Rainforest Cafe, and hopefully the fireworks package with Rose and Crown. I still have a little over a week to wait.

I'm getting up at 5:30am EST to get my coffee poured and turn on the computer!
So exciting!
Good luck. Hope you get everything you want. My day is the 12th.
I am the 13th, then thw 15th due to a split stay.
Im not holding my breath! :rotfl:

I have a friend who says that Disney does their IT updates on Tuesday morning and that always causes the ADR folks to have issues when trying to book - but we'll see!

Im hoping I get a few but then I'll just pay for a ADR finder service and hopefully get the rest that way!
What ADR finders do you use?
I'm assuming the order I listed the restaurants in is the best order to try to reserve in (???) - hardest to easiest?
I would put the hard to get reservations later in your trip. I found Sci Fi SO difficult to get last summer. There was nothing available at all.
Hello Marchers! Unfortunately, I ended up having to change my trip dates shortly after posting here originally, which is why I haven't been around. I had an issue come up with work, so we have moved our trip to June 2022. It was kind of a bummer, but we like our summer trips, so it's all good. Jealous of all of you going in 2 months, though. Have the best time!
Thanks for checking in! Have the best time in June! :)
8 more Fridays to go! (It feels like it’s a lot quicker for me when counting down that way 😂)

Managed to get the ADR’s planned for the first portion of our split stay, got Space 220 lunch but in hindsight I’m thinking I should have booked lounge instead as we’re not exactly big lunch eaters:headache:

Also realised Tiffins dinner availability is a lot earlier than when I usually eat, but I guess upside is that’ll leave room for extra snacks later on!
I like your thinking!! It's 10 Fridays for me as we leave on the 12th to travel down.
and for a lunch ADR at Rose & Crown I couldnt get anything but when I look for the whole month on Mouse Dining it shows that it's not released yet...so I have a few "watches" going for that too..
I am not the biggest fan of Rose and Crown...my last meal there was sub par and the service not much better.
ADRs = BOOKED!! :jumping1:
Yay!
Congrats. Hope you are able to get the other reservations you want.

We have a short trip planned, so only looking to book 4 dinner reservations. We are looking at Brown Derby (husband insists we eat there whenever we go to WDW), Liberty Tree Tavern, Rainforest Cafe, and hopefully the fireworks package with Rose and Crown. I still have a little over a week to wait.
Love Brown Derby...always so yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter