• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official March 2022 thread!

ADR day today. I was able to get Brown Derby and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. I had to settle for lunch at Rainforest Cafe. I will keep looking and see if a dinner reservation opens up. The one that I really wanted, but couldn’t get was the fireworks package at Rose and Crown. The only thing R&C had available for dinner was 3:45. I picked the Mexican restaurant instead, but will keep searching for a later time at R &C.

I did my ADRs on Jan 5th and was able to get everything I wanted, at times I wanted, except Space 220 lounge but that was because they hadn’t opened them for Feb yet let alone March. On Saturday morning they opened up Space 220 lounge so I was able to grab one for our arrival day on Mar 6th and another for Mar 10th, want to try everything on the lounge menu. We changed our flights on departure day we leave even later so decided to add a park day, let me tell you the fun I had doing that. 😞 Since Saturday I’ve been trying to modify it online like normal but it just wasn’t letting me so I called last night, found out that apparently there is an issue with modifying tickets when Genie+ was added, that was 2 hrs of pure joy. 😂.

Our dining is as follows:

Mar 6 - Space 220 Lounge 6:30pm
Mar 7 - Steakhouse 71 5:40pm
Mar 8 - 50’s Primetime 4:45pm
Mar 9 - Homecomin 5:30pm
Mar 10 - Space 220 Lounge 6:40pm
Mar 11 - ‘Ohana 5:30pm
Mar 12 - Ogas 1:40pm

I’m so excited and cannot wait. 53 days can’t seem to come fast enough. 😊

ADR day is almost here. I will be setting my alarm to get up early Wednesday morning.
So exciting!
Soooo... it's my ADR day, and y'all. It was WEIRD.

Arrival day, a SATURDAY, I got a good timeslot for dinner at Via Napoli.
I had my pick of Crystal Palace times.
I had my pick of CHEF MICKEY times.
I even got a great timeslot for Space 220 Lounge, which I hadn't planned to reserve but decided what the heck? It's there.
And if we'd wanted to go to Beaches & Cream? Available nearly EVERY DAY.

But which restaurant was NOT available for the whole flippin' week?

BIERGARTEN.

What. The. Heck?????

I've got alerts set up with Touring Plans and will use some of the other websites too, but seriously? BIERGARTEN???? I have NEVER had a problem getting a reservation there. SO weird...

Other than that, I'm very pleased and feeling a bit more excited about the trip than I have been. :earsboy:
That is totally weird. Great luck with your other ressies though!
Some of the Epcot restaurants might be holding back reservations for Garden Rocks dinner and a show reservations; they did that for Candlelight Processional reservations—held everything back for the show restaurants until they were ready to release the show times
That makes sense! I am excited to hear that the Garden Rocks concerts will be back. :)
ADR this morning and we got everything we wanted! Yay! Snagged Space 220 for our last night. I was contemplating having our last meal at California Grill or somewhere at Disney springs, but I think a Friday evening at Space 220 will be pretty fun!

Phew, I can stop stressing now. lol Can't wait! 60 days..we will be on our way to our first trip ever to WDW.
Yay! So happy to hear everything worked put well for you!
Hello everyone. Will be in Orlando in March but son elected to go to the "other" park. Nonetheless we are hoping to eat at 'Ohana for dinner while there. Oddly, I checked every morning for the last 4 days (our 60 day mark) and there are no 'Ohana dinners available. Anyone else ever experienced no availability before?

If Disney does the After Hours event during our trip, we'll definitely go. Fingers crossed.
I could get my pick of Ohana dinners this morning when I logged on. Probably because it's the first time in many years I have no plans to eat there!
ADR day today. I was able to get Brown Derby and Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. I had to settle for lunch at Rainforest Cafe. I will keep looking and see if a dinner reservation opens up. The one that I really wanted, but couldn’t get was the fireworks package at Rose and Crown. The only thing R&C had available for dinner was 3:45. I picked the Mexican restaurant instead, but will keep searching for a later time at R &C.
That's terrific! Sounds like things went really well!
I did my ADRs on Jan 5th and was able to get everything I wanted, at times I wanted, except Space 220 lounge but that was because they hadn’t opened them for Feb yet let alone March. On Saturday morning they opened up Space 220 lounge so I was able to grab one for our arrival day on Mar 6th and another for Mar 10th, want to try everything on the lounge menu. We changed our flights on departure day we leave even later so decided to add a park day, let me tell you the fun I had doing that. 😞 Since Saturday I’ve been trying to modify it online like normal but it just wasn’t letting me so I called last night, found out that apparently there is an issue with modifying tickets when Genie+ was added, that was 2 hrs of pure joy. 😂.

Our dining is as follows:

Mar 6 - Space 220 Lounge 6:30pm
Mar 7 - Steakhouse 71 5:40pm
Mar 8 - 50’s Primetime 4:45pm
Mar 9 - Homecomin 5:30pm
Mar 10 - Space 220 Lounge 6:40pm
Mar 11 - ‘Ohana 5:30pm
Mar 12 - Ogas 1:40pm

I’m so excited and cannot wait. 53 days can’t seem to come fast enough. 😊
That's awesome Kim! Looks like a great lineup!

1st ADR day for our split stay!

Sunday March 13th ~ brunch at Wine Bar George, dinner at Jaleo.
Monday, March 14th ~ dinner at Via Napoli (extended hours at Epcot for deluxe resort guests)
Tuesday, March 15th ~ switching resorts today to OKW. Dinner at Morimoto Asia (DH's request)

Will be back on Thursday morning to book the 16th to 19th. :)

I messed up my ADRs so much because I compleeeetely forgot about fireworks being a thing again (we went once in 2012 when I was a green lamb and knew nothing about preplanning, and again in 2020 when fireworks were gone haha) so I made like aaall my Epcot ADRs for like 8:30ish PM! But I want to see Harmonious!! Luckily, I had an earlier ADR for one evening because I had a droid building later that night. I just moved up the droid building and boom fixed, ha.

I had also been counting on doing Celebration at the Top for MK fireworks viewing, buuut they're skipping my week entirely (and published dates days after my ADR booking date) so I had to backpeddle and hope terrace seating (nope) or garden viewing (yep) were still available days later! I guess this saves me money, at least :P

so then the ADR I had for my dessert party night was suddenly too late and had to make an earlier one, and luckily an alerts service saved my butt last night with someone cancelling exactly what I wanted (Steakhouse 71 at like 5 PM, wheee)

Now all I need is Coral Reef to open up (it's STILL not available) and I'll be SET.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD

andwhydoIenjoyit

We will be at Saratoga from March 1 to March 19. Park visits will be at the beginning of our vacation, the week of the 12th we will be just hanging around, pools, resort hopping, or renting a boat, but no parks. Do spring break crowds tend to be just at the parks? Is this a good plan?

I booked with Southwest, because if the price comes down on my flight, I can rebook for free and get a credit, but if it goes up (which it has since I booked) I’m good to go. With all the recent disruption, I doubt flights are going to get any cheaper.
I finally broke down and booked with Southwest this morning, and wow that was pricey (although they were the least expensive option.. but still ouch)! I will be watching for a price decrease but not getting my hopes up too much. We were planning to take Mears Connect Express Service from MCO to CBR, and I noticed the price increased for that as well since the last time I checked. I will probably end up booking standard to save some money there. Already missing Magical Express :(

WHY IS THIS SO HARD

andwhydoIenjoyit
I feel this SO much! :rotfl::rotfl:Congrats on the Steakhouse 51 ressie!
We will be at Saratoga from March 1 to March 19. Park visits will be at the beginning of our vacation, the week of the 12th we will be just hanging around, pools, resort hopping, or renting a boat, but no parks. Do spring break crowds tend to be just at the parks? Is this a good plan?
Welcome! We are doing a mostly resort stay as well. I know both DVC and the resort side seem to be pretty booked up the week of the 12th -19th so I would anticipate common areas being busy as well.
I finally broke down and booked with Southwest this morning, and wow that was pricey (although they were the least expensive option.. but still ouch)! I will be watching for a price decrease but not getting my hopes up too much. We were planning to take Mears Connect Express Service from MCO to CBR, and I noticed the price increased for that as well since the last time I checked. I will probably end up booking standard to save some money there. Already missing Magical Express :(
Flights are bananas! I know we will really miss Magical Express too, such a nice way to start the trip!

Some of the Epcot restaurants might be holding back reservations for Garden Rocks dinner and a show reservations; they did that for Candlelight Processional reservations—held everything back for the show restaurants until they were ready to release the show times
You were right! Got my res in and my son is looking forward to eating his weight in German cheesecake. :yay:

March friends! Coral Reef has been released :)

Their menu is still SO limited, though, so I think I'll keep my Le Cellier ressie and just save Coral Reef for a future trip :(

I wanted to book a fireworks package but noting was available. Are they all sold out or just not released yet?

I looked at March 13 (I can't look much farther than that because my week is the week before that) and it looked like there was availability at the after party.

Maybe spring break crowds are showing up later that week?

March 19th is available - for the terrance sitting one - party of 4. I am looking at it right now. We are doing the after party on the 16th.

Also, I see all pre parties available week of March 13 to 19 as well as after parties.

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! We head to Disney World for our first ever trip on March 26th! We'll be there through the 1st! One night at POP after a late flight (with the discount last week it was cheaper than offsite!) then the rest at Bay Lake Tower!!!! We are SOOO excited!!

I am so sad. The person I was supposed to be traveling with decided she can't go... after we have postponed this three times, over two years. Yeah. I have re-booked a shorter trip with my husband in May, although at this point I feel like my hobby is just making reservations that I cancel, so who knows. :guilty:

1st ADR day for our split stay!

Sunday March 13th ~ brunch at Wine Bar George, dinner at Jaleo.
Monday, March 14th ~ dinner at Via Napoli (extended hours at Epcot for deluxe resort guests)
Tuesday, March 15th ~ switching resorts today to OKW. Dinner at Morimoto Asia (DH's request)

Will be back on Thursday morning to book the 16th to 19th. :)
We are doing a split stay as well (all at Disney resorts). I take it I won't be able to reserve all of my dining on the first day ADR opens up? Should I book another resort for the duration of our trip and then cancel it after I've made ADR's?

We are doing a split stay as well (all at Disney resorts). I take it I won't be able to reserve all of my dining on the first day ADR opens up? Should I book another resort for the duration of our trip and then cancel it after I've made ADR's?
You'll have 2 ADR dates based on your check in at each resort. I would just go with what you have. I really doubt you would be able to book anything else for March right now as things appear to be pretty booked up. Split stays are a little annoying with some hard to get reservations but if you are flexible it will all work out. I am going to use a reservation finder to help me get the few ADRs I wasn't able to secure (Space 220 lounge and Ogas). Hope everything goes well for you!

Their menu is still SO limited, though, so I think I'll keep my Le Cellier ressie and just save Coral Reef for a future trip :(
I think that's a good decision. I tend to prefer Le Cellier over Coral Reef anyway.
I guess I should clarify. I am looking for the Rose and Crown fireworks package.
Hope it works out for you!
IT'S OFFICIAL!!! We head to Disney World for our first ever trip on March 26th! We'll be there through the 1st! One night at POP after a late flight (with the discount last week it was cheaper than offsite!) then the rest at Bay Lake Tower!!!! We are SOOO excited!!
Yay! So exciting! I will add you to the roll call.
I am so sad. The person I was supposed to be traveling with decided she can't go... after we have postponed this three times, over two years. Yeah. I have re-booked a shorter trip with my husband in May, although at this point I feel like my hobby is just making reservations that I cancel, so who knows. :guilty:
Oh no! I am sorry to hear this. I know how heartbreaking it is to cancel a longed for trip.

How exciting for you. Be sure to pick up some 1st visit buttons.

I am so sorry. This happened to us last year when my daughter and husband's spring break go to cancelled. My isn't that much farther out. Hoping you have a wonderful May vacation.

Hope it works out for you!
Thanks. At this point I am hoping for Rose and Crown even if we can't get the fireworks package. It was the first restaurant my daughter chose.

Now if flights would just come down in price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter