"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
We attended 12/4 last year and were in line outside MK at 3:30. They let party goers in right at 4 p.m.
Between 4-7 the ride times seemed long to us. During the party there was hardly any wait for most rides, except 7DMT. Mainstreet was super crowded most of the evening.

Main St. is always crowded for the most part on party nights. Ride times are short to no wait, except for 7DMT & PP, during party, 4-7 includes day guest and party guests (crowds in ride lines), PP typically get 3 FP+ during that time b/c of this, may change with 6pm closing --- on MVMCP & FP+ Thread reports of PP booking 2 & 3 FP+. There are reports of early entry, but not before 3:45pm that I've seen from last year, MNSSHP Thread has reports of early entry this year.

I enter around 1-2pm to avoid the crowds or possibility that guests do not enter early (which does happen too), so my original reply to OP stands, personal preference, but if have ticket, go early, and get wristband inside park.

just under 60 days out and tried to get FP for Seven Dwarves and Pandora, all booked up. I've read posts that say to keep checking back, but I would have to drop a FP to even check. Is there a way around that?

Also, We are spending the day at MK but will probably go back to our hotel for an early afternoon break. Is it better to enter around 3:00 and get wrist bands for Christmas Party, in the park (where do they give them out?) or wait until 4? Is there an advantage either way?
On our 60 day fp date there were no FoP FP available. A week later a ton flooded the system. The same was with some dining reservations we tried to get. Not sure why, but I would continue to check every morning :)

On our 60 day fp date there were no FoP FP available. A week later a ton flooded the system. The same was with some dining reservations we tried to get. Not sure why, but I would continue to check every morning :)

This. Keep checking! PP posted here & on a few other threads that plenty of FoP FP+ were now available (last week???). Several posted that they were able to book FoP FP+. Yes, I have been able to make a few ADR changes too. Missed a needed CP ADR, received Sorry for the Paws message, by time I opened app it was gone. Ugh!

We've got tickets to the last party of the season which I'm assuming is going to be one of the busier nights. Couple of questions...

1) 2 adults, 0 kids, don't really care that much about the character meets. We're mainly there to see the park in all it's Christmas glory with (hopefully) less of a crowd than what we would experience closer to Christmas. Any general strategy to keep in mind?
2) We will be there the entire time. Would it be better to skip out on the earlier events to focus on rides and do the later parades or should we do those as early as possible and focus on rides later?
3) Any general advice you would offer to a Christmas party newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Just trying to maximize our time the best as possible. Thanks!

We've got tickets to the last party of the season which I'm assuming is going to be one of the busier nights. Couple of questions...

1) 2 adults, 0 kids, don't really care that much about the character meets. We're mainly there to see the park in all it's Christmas glory with (hopefully) less of a crowd than what we would experience closer to Christmas. Any general strategy to keep in mind?
2) We will be there the entire time. Would it be better to skip out on the earlier events to focus on rides and do the later parades or should we do those as early as possible and focus on rides later?
3) Any general advice you would offer to a Christmas party newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Just trying to maximize our time the best as possible. Thanks!

1. No characters, or possibly?
2. MK closing @ 6pm. Not sure if parade times will change this year. Not sure if Frozen Holiday Wish time will change either do to 6pm closure. -- keep checking
3. If only concern is rides, parade & fireworks, no plan really needed.

I would recommend 2nd parade but crowds has increased for that too. Main St. does have pre-parade show that's only on Main St. It only snows on Main St. You would need to factor those things into your plan. Yes, it probably will sell out on 12/22 (I'll be there, tickets arrived last week!). Crowds will not even compare to 12/25. Find a good spot for Holiday Wishes, only available during MVMCP.

Thanks for the advice. Interesting that you received tickets. We booked a long time ago, I see it on MDE, but have yet to receive tickets. Will definitely continue to keep an eye out!

And, regarding #1, I really don't anticipate us waiting in line for character greets. It's possible we might consider 7 dwarves and/or jack skellington but my understanding is we should just be prepared to wait awhile if we want to do either of those.

I see also MK closes at 4:30 on 11/30 for a cast member party. Other parks gonna be BRUTAL that day. And I cant get anything for that day coz of it. ADR's etc

Thanks for the advice. Interesting that you received tickets. We booked a long time ago, I see it on MDE, but have yet to receive tickets. Will definitely continue to keep an eye out!

And, regarding #1, I really don't anticipate us waiting in line for character greets. It's possible we might consider 7 dwarves and/or jack skellington but my understanding is we should just be prepared to wait awhile if we want to do either of those.

Both are worth the wait. I met both on the same night. 2nd in line for 7D, got in line around 5pm ---3 FP+ from 3-6pm, but DH waited in line while DD & I used last FP+. Met Sandy Claws last, in line about 10 minutes, got in line ~11:15pm. Only issue with late M&G, you don't know when they will cut off the line.

Tickets: Did you select the mail option or print @ home option? If on MDE, you are fine.

There were 3 options: Print, Mail (Green RFID Card), Express Shipping (Extra $). I have received both set of tickets (Green RFIC Cards) within 3D of each other. Ordered on different days.

Of course my fast pass day falls on a Saturday. Why wouldn't it? Who doesn't want to get up at 6 am on Saturday?

Me!!! That was me last weekend for our Easter ADRs, and what should have taken 20 minutes took 3 hrs. My FP+ is Monday, that's when I'm getting ready for work/school. Ugh! I'm going to feel rushed all day.

I purchased my tix for Dec 7th. Received an email stating to go to the park entrance, if I have a magic band or card linked to my account (which I haven't done the magic bands yet but will) i can just enter the park.....I am assuming I still need to get a wristband? I am taking the email with the barcode with me just to be on the safe side.

I purchased my tix for Dec 7th. Received an email stating to go to the park entrance, if I have a magic band or card linked to my account (which I haven't done the magic bands yet but will) i can just enter the park.....I am assuming I still need to get a wristband? I am taking the email with the barcode with me just to be on the safe side.

Yes, you receive wristband when enter for MVMCP, they are different colors for each night. Wristband indicates you should be in park for party. You show wristband for purchases, SotMKC, rides ad M&G.

There is a separate line @ MK entrance for MVMCP, there's a sign stating MVMCP entry. I believe to the right. After 1st party, Post #1 will be updated with wristband locations (if already in MK).
Mickey's Christmas Party 18.jpg

This. Keep checking! PP posted here & on a few other threads that plenty of FoP FP+ were now available (last week???). Several posted that they were able to book FoP FP+. Yes, I have been able to make a few ADR changes too. Missed a needed CP ADR, received Sorry for the Paws message, by time I opened app it was gone. Ugh!

Thanks. that gives me hope. I have been checking daily for BOG. Will add Pandora Flight and SD to my daily searches.

Jumping on board for a last minute 12/22 party and flying back home Christmas late morning! So excited!

Sweet! You did MNSSHP too? I'll be at the 12/22 party. Now to decide on our outfits... We will spend Christmas morning @ the MK! I'm so stinking excited! :santa:

THIS! Last year while waiting for parade a rowdy and rude group over took a family that parked next to me and DH - I noticed no party bands and called CM over - they were checked and told to leave - mother of group told me I was rude for ruining her and family's fun - I kindly replied you are rude for stealing and allowing your kids to act out in public but merry xmas!!...
:rotfl2: Good for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter