"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait. You married someone that has never done GMR!?!? Where are your standards?? :rotfl:
Well in his defense, last December he wanted to go on but line was over 45 minutes and we had snagged a late Toy Story FP end of night so I said skip it, never thinking we wouldn't make it on before end of trip.

NEWS

JINGLE CRUISE
(In Case You Missed This On The Rumor Thread)

A few days ago the Jingle Cruise was rumored to not be continuing at Disneyland this year and it was still undecided if it was going to make an appearance at Magic Kingdom in Disney World. It's confirmed that the festive attraction will return to Disney World starting November 2017! You will be able to enjoy this Christmastime overlay of the Jungle Cruise through January 2018.

Each year the Jungle Cruise at Disney’s Magic kingdom is magically transformed into the Jingle Cruise as the boat ride’s skippers set out on a holly jolly journey across the rivers of Asia, Africa and South America. And just like last year, the Jungle Cruise Skippers are homesick for the holidays so they have decided to add some holiday cheer to the job site! Guests taking the cruise will come across a queue and boathouse decked out with homemade decorations, gifts and items from back home. Each Jungle Cruise boat has also been temporarily renamed with a holiday moniker and the always funny Skippers are ready to entertain with their seasonal jokes.
Is this only during the party? Or all of November/December?

I’m so happy Jingle Cruise is returning!! I got fast passes for jungle cruise in hopes of being able to see it decorated for Christmas so I was really disappointed when the rumor started.

We are coming to the MCMCP on Nov. 14. Just wondering if anyone has heard if they are taping the television shows during our stay that week, November 11-18? We have seen that the programs were taped that week. Not that we want to be a part of the fun but this is our first time at WDW during the Christmas season, either been to Halloween or early summer.

I am looking at the 2016 map at the character spots - how do you know which character is at which spot before arriving - so you make a bee line to the one who is most important to you? Thanks Michelle

I have a question about the MVMCP. I have an annual pass but my fiancée doesn't. We bought him a four day park hopper, but I don't want that to be used the day we go to the party because we will be in the parks for the four following days. If we enter the park shortly after four for the Christmas party, is there any chance they will accidentally activate his park hopper for that day? I am super nervous that we will show up on our last park day and he won't have a ticket!!! Thanks!

I am looking at the 2016 map at the character spots - how do you know which character is at which spot before arriving - so you make a bee line to the one who is most important to you? Thanks Michelle

We will know where each character is after the first party. So check back here for that.

I have a question about the MVMCP. I have an annual pass but my fiancée doesn't. We bought him a four day park hopper, but I don't want that to be used the day we go to the party because we will be in the parks for the four following days. If we enter the park shortly after four for the Christmas party, is there any chance they will accidentally activate his park hopper for that day? I am super nervous that we will show up on our last park day and he won't have a ticket!!! Thanks!

Just be at one of the entry points that says MVMCP entry. There will be many.

NEWS

JINGLE CRUISE
(In Case You Missed This On The Rumor Thread)

A few days ago the Jingle Cruise was rumored to not be continuing at Disneyland this year and it was still undecided if it was going to make an appearance at Magic Kingdom in Disney World. It's confirmed that the festive attraction will return to Disney World starting November 2017! You will be able to enjoy this Christmastime overlay of the Jungle Cruise through January 2018.

Each year the Jungle Cruise at Disney’s Magic kingdom is magically transformed into the Jingle Cruise as the boat ride’s skippers set out on a holly jolly journey across the rivers of Asia, Africa and South America. And just like last year, the Jungle Cruise Skippers are homesick for the holidays so they have decided to add some holiday cheer to the job site! Guests taking the cruise will come across a queue and boathouse decked out with homemade decorations, gifts and items from back home. Each Jungle Cruise boat has also been temporarily renamed with a holiday moniker and the always funny Skippers are ready to entertain with their seasonal jokes.
OH MY GOSH THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE!!! We're very sad DL is passing on it this year (mumble grumble so many angry words!) but especially sad was my mother who ADORES the overlay so this is the absolute best news I think I can give her about our upcoming trip (which she is already VERY excited for!). SO EXCITED!!!!!

So excited about the party, the jingle cruise and everything Christmas. My first ever time visiting over Christmas ... And possibly the only time.

Not sure if we are being silly or not ... We have 14 day park tickets so rides have no interest for us on party night and we are not really into meet and greets so I am guessing we will just see the castle show, the fireworks and both of the parades. Does that sound a sensible plan. Never done any party before. Is the park as busy as during a normal day in summer ... We have only ever visited in July and August as, until now, I was a UK teacher so that was our only chance for vacation. Never been other than the full heat and humidity of summer.
Is it sweater weather in December? We are used to UK temperatures so quite hardy!

So excited about the party, the jingle cruise and everything Christmas. My first ever time visiting over Christmas ... And possibly the only time.

Not sure if we are being silly or not ... We have 14 day park tickets so rides have no interest for us on party night and we are not really into meet and greets so I am guessing we will just see the castle show, the fireworks and both of the parades. Does that sound a sensible plan. Never done any party before. Is the park as busy as during a normal day in summer ... We have only ever visited in July and August as, until now, I was a UK teacher so that was our only chance for vacation. Never been other than the full heat and humidity of summer.
Is it sweater weather in December? We are used to UK temperatures so quite hardy!
Weather can vary in December, going from sunny and hot 85 to 60 at night, which in Disney feels like my NJ winter 35 - Last two years I went to the party at 4 in leggings and a t shirt and put on a sweatshirt and scarf and gloves by parade time.

There are free snacks throughout the park and plenty of stores and decorations to see walking down mainstreet. Keep in mind tommorowland normally has some stage shows and a few QS locations do dance parties as well.

That sounds like a very nice, relaxing party plan :)

I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to fill the time. Make sure to walk around to all the different cookie stations to try all the different types of cookies and drinks.

Crowds during parties are weird. If your party is not sold out, the crowds can seem very low. The hub and Main street do get very crowded during fireworks and the parades, so that can kind of skew your perception. Most people are there for the party specific things, so all the attractions (that you aren't interested in) will be for the most part walk ons. I don't know if that made any sense, hah, but hopefully it helped a bit.

Weather in December for Orlando is a toss up. Some years it is in the 70s, other years I have been there in December and it was in the 40s. So I'd definitely pack a mish mash of clothes and check the forecast before you leave for vacation. It will also most likely get a bit chilly after the sun goes down at night, so keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter