"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never attended the party before but plan on being at magic kingdom from mid afternoon with a normal park ticket.
I know with the mnsshp, they open a side entrance to give you a trick or treat bag and another bag of sweets, but does this side entrance get opened for the mvmcp and does anything get given to you like cookies?

Are you talking about a side entrance at the ticket gate or inside the park? At the ticket entrance, you get your bracelet put on & a park map. Last year, they had the new Main Street bypass open to party guests coming in. They did give you a bag with a large gingerbread sugar cookie as you entered the bypass. They had some decorations & chalk drawings & a photopass spot to get your picture taken. Also Christmas music playing. It was nice.

What are the scheduled events during the party? We will be there on 12/1 and I am not sure my younger daughters will make it till midnight! Is there a parade? What time?

Yes, there is a special Christmas parade that runs twice during the party. Holiday Wishes is the fireworks show. There are rare characters out for meet & greets, like Scrooge McDuck, the Seven Dwarfs, Winnie the Pooh & Santa is there too. Mickey & Minnie meet in holiday outfits. There are dance parties & holiday stage shows. Plus cookies & hot chocolate stations. The times for the parades & shows will be posted on the first page of this thread after the first party & reports start coming out. Disney doesn't really post that ahead of time. So keep checking back here, especially the first page, for updated info.

Oh, and it snows on Main Street!

What are the scheduled events during the party? We will be there on 12/1 and I am not sure my younger daughters will make it till midnight! Is there a parade? What time?

Yes, there is a special Christmas parade that runs twice during the party. Holiday Wishes is the fireworks show. There are rare characters out for meet & greets, like Scrooge McDuck, the Seven Dwarfs, Winnie the Pooh & Santa is there too. Mickey & Minnie meet in holiday outfits. There are dance parties & holiday stage shows. Plus cookies & hot chocolate stations. The times for the parades & shows will be posted on the first page of this thread after the first party & reports start coming out. Disney doesn't really post that ahead of time. So keep checking back here, especially the first page, for updated info.

Oh, and it snows on Main Street!

Details listed on Post #1. As details are released, updates will be made.

Are you talking about a side entrance at the ticket gate or inside the park? At the ticket entrance, you get your bracelet put on & a park map. Last year, they had the new Main Street bypass open to party guests coming in. They did give you a bag with a large gingerbread sugar cookie as you entered the bypass. They had some decorations & chalk drawings & a photopass spot to get your picture taken. Also Christmas music playing. It was nice.

Aaah yes I meant the side entrance inside the park. As I'll already be in magic kingdom that day, I was going to just get my wristband at one of the locations inside but didn't want to miss something that.you may get if you entered from the main entrance. So it does appear that I'd miss the large gingerbread cookie and a couple of photo ops. Thanks.

We're going to the 11/26 Party (lol - "NLTMU" Not Looking to Meet Up!") ... Never been before, and we've got a 5pm Liberty Tree Tavern ADR. We are going to be at Magic Kingdom at 8AM that day for a Keys to the Kingdom Tour, then doing some rides, Resort Tour from 1 - 4:30pm, then back for our first trip to Liberty Tree Tavern). I figure we'll be done with LTT by 6:30 or 7 .... where should we head first at that time ?

This is our first Christmas Party, and my wife is really excited just for the ambiance more than anything else. We aren't the kind of people who would spend more than 10 - 20 minutes waiting for a character picture, but she does want to take Christmas pictures and see the parade and the fireworks... so I'm wondering how much we need to prioritize versus just wandering around and enjoying the atmosphere. For instance, Is it hard to get a decent viewing spot near the castle at a party ?

The past parties that we have gone too we were mailed separate tickets (cards). We are going to the first party this year and no tickets have been sent to us. I do see my tickets are listed on My Disney Experience? Do they have it where it is connected to our magic band now?
I received the tickets/card about 2.5 weeks after I ordered them.

We're going to the 11/26 Party (lol - "NLTMU" Not Looking to Meet Up!") ... Never been before, and we've got a 5pm Liberty Tree Tavern ADR. We are going to be at Magic Kingdom at 8AM that day for a Keys to the Kingdom Tour, then doing some rides, Resort Tour from 1 - 4:30pm, then back for our first trip to Liberty Tree Tavern). I figure we'll be done with LTT by 6:30 or 7 .... where should we head first at that time ?

This is our first Christmas Party, and my wife is really excited just for the ambiance more than anything else. We aren't the kind of people who would spend more than 10 - 20 minutes waiting for a character picture, but she does want to take Christmas pictures and see the parade and the fireworks... so I'm wondering how much we need to prioritize versus just wandering around and enjoying the atmosphere. For instance, Is it hard to get a decent viewing spot near the castle at a party ?

I would check out the schedule once the first party happens. Make notes of any shows and the parade and fireworks times. Decide what you want to do.

A castle spot will be the most sought after for the MVMCP parade. The castle is breath taking with the lights on it. I would say at least an hour in advance.

Hi! Sorry in advance if this has been posted before. This will be my first time visiting WDW during the holiday season, and I am so excited to finally see the castle all lit up with the Dream Lights. I was reading and found out they do the lighting show on nights that aren't party nights too, right? I won't be able to afford the party but I'd really like to see this show. I only have 2 real chances: the Friday of my trip when we are planning on also seeing HEA, and Sunday when the park closes early for the party. Around what time does the lighting show take place? Will they do it before they close the park for the party? Friday we are doing Epcot and the 5pm CP and will head to MK right after. I have an ADR for Ohana at 4pm on Sunday but am willing to change it to something else later if it that's the easier option. Thanks so much in advance for any help!
Last year the first lighting was at 6:30, so it will depend on the time this year and when they start clearing non-party guests out of the park if you'd be able to catch it on a party night without tickets.

This will be our first MVMCP! We are a group of 5 adults. How does this plan look? I'm going by last year's times, which I know may change.

4-5:15 pm Rides in Adventure Land, Frontier Land and Fantasy Land (with a couple of FP+)
Frozen Holiday Wishes 5:15?
5:30-6 Dinner: Casey's Corner
7pm Pictures with Santa Goofy/Scrooge and Donald
Ride 7DMT; Shop Bit Top Souvenirs
8:05 Voice Play
Ride Space Mtn; Shop Mickey's Star Traders
9:25 Mickey's Merriest Celebration-Castle
10 Holiday Wishes
11 Parade
Shop Main Street

Thanks for any input!

This will be our first MVMCP! We are a group of 5 adults. How does this plan look? I'm going by last year's times, which I know may change.

4-5:15 pm Rides in Adventure Land, Frontier Land and Fantasy Land (with a couple of FP+)
Frozen Holiday Wishes 5:15?
5:30-6 Dinner: Casey's Corner
7pm Pictures with Santa Goofy/Scrooge and Donald
Ride 7DMT; Shop Bit Top Souvenirs
8:05 Voice Play
Ride Space Mtn; Shop Mickey's Star Traders
9:25 Mickey's Merriest Celebration-Castle
10 Holiday Wishes
11 Parade
Shop Main Street

Thanks for any input!
The Frozen Holiday Wish happens at either 6:15 or 7:30, so you need to adjust for that. I'd line up earlier than 7pm for Scrooge. He's a rare character and his line can get real long; I've waited 45 minutes for Scrooge and Donald.

The Frozen Holiday Wish happens at either 6:15 or 7:30, so you need to adjust for that. I'd line up earlier than 7pm for Scrooge. He's a rare character and his line can get real long; I've waited 45 minutes for Scrooge and Donald.

Thanks for the reply. I thought they did a Frozen Holiday Wish before park closing to those without a ticket, so thought they may move it up due to park closing at 6.

We will be able to line up for Santa Goofy etc after we eat or after Frozen Holiday Wish if it's still at 6:15, so hopefully that will give us a good spot in line. :-)

We are planning to spend the day at MK then staying for the Christmas party. Can we get fast passes with both tickets?

The past parties that we have gone too we were mailed separate tickets (cards). We are going to the first party this year and no tickets have been sent to us. I do see my tickets are listed on My Disney Experience? Do they have it where it is connected to our magic band now?
Wondering the same thing. We have the printed tickets and they are listed under tickets but not under magic bands / cards. We all have active magic bands but wondering if we will need to take the paper tickets

Anyone here going to the Friday, November 17 party?

EDIT: Don't worry, I'm not looking to meet up. LOL. Just trying to get a feel on the number of guests that day...
We will be there . I got my ticket downloads and curiously noticed they are numbered . Was wondering if that was how many sold so far. They are 533-537

Wondering the same thing. We have the printed tickets and they are listed under tickets but not under magic bands / cards. We all have active magic bands but wondering if we will need to take the paper tickets

I am confused. If tickets listed under MDE account & you have active MB, or if 1st trip & selected to customize MB, then your MVMCP tickets are linked MB & you only have to scan MB to enter party.

When MB were 1st introduced, there was a problem with MYM tickets being deducted from MDE for party vs MVMCP then guests having to go to GS to fix. No longer case. Also, separate line for party entrance, so make sure you enter through the correct line. Some PP still bring paper ticket or Green RFID Card just in case, I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter