Official MINIVAN Car Rental Thread*****

7 passenger mini-van: P/U & D/O @ MCO, 9/27 thru 10/4 thru Alamo using insider log on - VROOM Code (299851) and $30 off (AD2338fdf) for $244.61!! :yay:
That is the cheapest I have found in quite a while.

Thank you! I booked a week for the same price as you OP, nice price! I haven't been searching lately, so not familiar with this code or coupon. Are these codes/coupons open to everyone?

The VROOM VROOM codes are very controversial, for those that aren't familiar with them. Apparently they are meant for international travelers, even though Alamo's site DOES let the reservation go thru, and some agents even do so. The problem arises with insurance- apparently the code includes insurance. But if an accident happens, Alamo will fight it and not pay because they will say you were not eligible to use the code, and your OWN insurance company can deny it because they will say you were insured thru Alamo. So in the end you could be liable for whatever happened. We also had a van reserved with this rate, but canceled it a long time ago, because even tho chances are slim anything will happen, it's a risk I'm not willing to take- even to save a few hundred dollars....

Apparently they are meant for international travelers, even though Alamo's site DOES let the reservation go thru, and some agents even do so. The problem arises with insurance- apparently the code includes insurance. But if an accident happens, Alamo will fight it and not pay because they will say you were not eligible to use the code, and your OWN insurance company can deny it because they will say you were insured thru Alamo.

I understand that there are a lot of people on these boards who are afraid of things like this, and if you'd like to pay hundreds of dollars more to avoid this "risk" then please feel free to do so. But for the information of those just coming to this topic, understand that what the PP said here is not how insurance works. Your carrier cannot refuse indemnification on the grounds that you had other primary coverage when you did not have other coverage. Nobody is left uninsured because they had too much insurance. Either Alamo will pay or your other insurance coverage will pay.

Live in terror of the impossible if you like, but please stop scaring other people with plainly false information. Unless and until you can point to a verifiable example of this actually happening -- a renter paying for damage out of pocket due to using the Vroom code -- I think it is rude and unhelpful to spread your own irrational fears as if they are facts or accurate legal analysis.

I understand that there are a lot of people on these boards who are afraid of things like this, and if you'd like to pay hundreds of dollars more to avoid this "risk" then please feel free to do so. But for the information of those just coming to this topic, understand that what the PP said here is not how insurance works. Your carrier cannot refuse indemnification on the grounds that you had other primary coverage when you did not have other coverage. Nobody is left uninsured because they had too much insurance. Either Alamo will pay or your other insurance coverage will pay.

Live in terror of the impossible if you like, but please stop scaring other people with plainly false information. Unless and until you can point to a verifiable example of this actually happening -- a renter paying for damage out of pocket due to using the Vroom code -- I think it is rude and unhelpful to spread your own irrational fears as if they are facts or accurate legal analysis.

Actually you might want to do your research before you give your opinion. I, in fact, DID ask my insurance company about this exact issue before I canceled my reservation- and they are well within their rights to deny coverage . The fact is someone is using a code they are not legally able to use (that code states very clearly in it's fine print that it is for INTERNATIONAL travelers). Thus- no coverage if it goes to court.

So sorry, but I don't think it's either rude or unhelpful to bring up this fact to others who may not be aware of it. Again- do your research before disregarding what I said.

Actually you might want to do your research before you give your opinion. I, in fact, DID ask my insurance company about this exact issue before I canceled my reservation- and they are well within their rights to deny coverage . The fact is someone is using a code they are not legally able to use (that code states very clearly in it's fine print that it is for INTERNATIONAL travelers). Thus- no coverage if it goes to court.

So sorry, but I don't think it's either rude or unhelpful to bring up this fact to others who may not be aware of it. Again- do your research before disregarding what I said.

False, false, false. Auto insurance coverage does not depend on the rate you paid the car rental company, and they cannot claim the car rental insurance pays first if in fact you have no legitimate insurance from the car rental company. You may believe what you want, and you may even be accurately reporting what some minimum wage drone on your insurance customer service like told you. But it's false. You are wrong. Period.

To others reading this thread, take both opinions for what they are worth, and consider the many other reports here that the code is not "illegal."

August 1 (10 PM) -Aug 11 4 PM from Tampa Airport
Using Budget x474200 and the $40 off coupon I have $470 all in for a van. Hoping to shave $100 or more off of that by trip time. Fingers crossed.

Am a BJ and Sams Club member. Open to any in terminal agency. Landing after 9 PM with two younger kids and an 84 year old in two, we need to get to that hotel bed ASAP.

subbing! Just got one week with Alamo insider log in, and the coupon codes above from 9/19-9/26 for 228.00. However, we really need an 8 passenger van or Suburban!

Just booked a minivan for august using the Vegas Brazil contract ID 7016427 and Visa coupon code AD2338fdf to get the price down to $254!

Here is the original thread with more info: http://www.disboards.com/threads/does-anyone-know-about-vegas-brazil-llc-alamo-discount.3353157/

I cancelled my reservation using the VROOM code, I was worried about potential insurance issues.

Wow, this worked out great -- switching to this code saved another $30 and there is no need to worry about eligibility. The insurance issues were never a concern, but price always was!

Just booked a minivan for august using the Vegas Brazil contract ID 7016427 and Visa coupon code AD2338fdf to get the price down to $254!

Here is the original thread with more info: http://www.disboards.com/threads/does-anyone-know-about-vegas-brazil-llc-alamo-discount.3353157/

I cancelled my reservation using the VROOM code, I was worried about potential insurance issues.

OH WOW!! Thank you for this tip... I just booked our mini van for 10/10-10/18 for $276!!!! We were undecided if we were going to fly and rent a van or just drive, but finding a van for this price may have just solidified our decision!! I had the VROOM one booked first, but after reading all the posts I switched to this one and save about $10... not a huge difference but still a better deal!

Trying to better my rate, but finding that Alamo's site tells me that the $30 coupon code doesn't work with my dates(late Jan-early Feb). Anyone have info on what the date cut-off is, or have a code that is newer?

The cut off date must be the end of December. - I am using it during the first part of December, but tried for my March, 2016 trip and it gives an error message that my dates conflict with coupon

August 1 (10 PM) -Aug 11 4 PM from Tampa Airport
Using Budget x474200 and the $40 off coupon I have $470 all in for a van. Hoping to shave $100 or more off of that by trip time. Fingers crossed.

Am a BJ and Sams Club member. Open to any in terminal agency. Landing after 9 PM with two younger kids and an 84 year old in tow, we need to get to that hotel bed ASAP.

I was nervous about my ressies. Had two at Tampa for my Aug 1 landing at Tampa. One from Alamo for $385 all in, and a back up with Alamo for $470. When mini vans sold out about a month before the trip, I was WAY nervous there would be none left when I landed at 10 PM. And I NEEDED a mini van to hold two car seats and a stroller and a wheelchair and bodies and luggage. I called to ensure I would have a van, and was assured a reservation of a mini van would net me a mini van. I called the day I flw and again was told I'd have a mini van ready (I am an alamo insider and had filled out everything to go straight to teh garage). Land at 10 PM and .. of course... no mini vans in the airport. Was rudely told by an Alamo agent in the garage that I "can't reasonably expect a mini van at 10 PM in Florida during vacation season." A nice manager offered up something with a third row, but there were no vans to be had. He explained that they expect desk agents to upsell customers from regular cars up to SUV and mini vans, and that my van had been sold via an upgrade earlier in the day. Budget had no mini vans, either.

Not a great way to start a vacation. So, if you NEED a mini van you might need to be able to get there early in the day to be sure you get one, especially if they are sold out.

I was nervous about my ressies. Had two at Tampa for my Aug 1 landing at Tampa. One from Alamo for $385 all in, and a back up with Alamo for $470. When mini vans sold out about a month before the trip, I was WAY nervous there would be none left when I landed at 10 PM. And I NEEDED a mini van to hold two car seats and a stroller and a wheelchair and bodies and luggage. I called to ensure I would have a van, and was assured a reservation of a mini van would net me a mini van. I called the day I flw and again was told I'd have a mini van ready (I am an alamo insider and had filled out everything to go straight to teh garage). Land at 10 PM and .. of course... no mini vans in the airport. Was rudely told by an Alamo agent in the garage that I "can't reasonably expect a mini van at 10 PM in Florida during vacation season." A nice manager offered up something with a third row, but there were no vans to be had. He explained that they expect desk agents to upsell customers from regular cars up to SUV and mini vans, and that my van had been sold via an upgrade earlier in the day. Budget had no mini vans, either.

Not a great way to start a vacation. So, if you NEED a mini van you might need to be able to get there early in the day to be sure you get one, especially if they are sold out.

oh wow, that stinks! I am sorry to hear you were unable to get the car you really needed. Honestly, it is something I think about all the time. I wouldn't know what to do since we usually have 6 of us going to FL. Did you make out ok?

subbing! Just got one week with Alamo insider log in, and the coupon codes above from 9/19-9/26 for 228.00. However, we really need an 8 passenger van or Suburban!

Using contract 7016220 (Visit Orlando Website) and AD2338FDF Visa code, I'm getting $212.50 for your dates with Alamo for an 8 passenger van.

Can anyone offer and help with a rental for November 8-14th? It appears I can't use the coupon code because my rental doesn't include a Saturday night. Has anyone booked a rental through Undercover Tourist?

Can anyone offer and help with a rental for November 8-14th? It appears I can't use the coupon code because my rental doesn't include a Saturday night. Has anyone booked a rental through Undercover Tourist?

I typically rent direct with the car rental company.

Here is a list of codes I've been trying. So far my minivan is down to $207 for 5 days, October 23-28, picking up at MCO and dropping off at MIA. (using the Costco code+coupon code ad2338FDF (Visa $30 off, I think)
7014133 Delta (if you use Airline discounts you need to sign up for their awards program(free))
7014133 American Airlines
7014627 Costco (must be a member, asks for membership # to confirm rental)
7014926 Save with Alamo (for anyone)
7016427 Vegas Brazil (anyone)
701620 Visit Orlando (anyone)

So far I've seen the lowest rates with the Costco code and the Vegas Brazil code. The rates fluctuate all of the time so keep trying. I have also noticed (by watching other month's treads-- etc. August and Sept. car rental threads) that the lowest prices seem to be offered 1-2 weeks out. BUT... reserve at the lowest price you can now and be ready to rebook when a better price comes along.

Good luck!:moped:

I'm plan on renting a minivan to drive to Florida. 11 nights in the end of October, I'm getting a price from AAA hertz for $434. Any where else is ranging from $590-$1100. Is the $434 price too good to be true? I've never rented a car before so I'm not sure of the process.

Being the $434 is already the lowest should I expect it drop the closer we get?

I'm plan on renting a minivan to drive to Florida. 11 nights in the end of October, I'm getting a price from AAA hertz for $434. Any where else is ranging from $590-$1100. Is the $434 price too good to be true? I've never rented a car before so I'm not sure of the process.

Being the $434 is already the lowest should I expect it drop the closer we get?

When plans are firm I always book the lowest price I can find and then keep watching. If the price drops I rebook then cancel the previous (higher) reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter