OFFICIAL New Animal Kingdom Experiences UPDATE 5/28: Reports from first night in Post #2

Second post should be updated now with reviews from people who were there in person.

I can't find a menu for Nomad Lounge to link, can anyone point me to the page or post number from this thread?

We'll be at WDW in mid-June and had briefly discussed cancelling one of our AK FPs to use on this show. So glad we didn't now.

I've watched 3 separate videos of the show and I'm no longer interested. I've seen better dancing and choreography on So You Think You Can Dance where the contestants had sometimes less than a week to learn their routines. There was very little dancing going on. To me it was mostly a bunch of arm waving and walking with much of the timing being off with the dancers. I'll watch videos from tonight's performance, but as of now I am not paying for any dining package. If the shows leading up to our June trip don't get any better I won't be wasting a FP on it either.

This is why I will not watch the video. I don't want to see it that way for the 1st time. No matter how good the video is or isn't it can't show you everything that you will see, hear and feel in person. Now I enjoyed reading the reviews of people that were there. Now at 1st I was really really worried but the more I read the more I was like wait, I have no real expectations about how this show will be so will I truly know it isn't great? I will judge it when I see it June 12th for myself. It has a lot to live up to but not from my expectations of the show but more of is it worth it for me to spend that much time at AK. Normally I leave AK around 2-3 and do not return. So for this trip Disney will at lest get the one thing they want out of me, to spend more time and more money at AK. Now Disney will have to prove to me that it will be worth it to do it again and again. That will be the true test.

We will be there on the 12th too! I'm not watching the video either, want to see and experience it for myself. I didn't/don't have high expectations for this show since they only had about 5 weeks to put it together which is one reason we decided not to do a dining package especially since they didn't include Flame Tree. We will go and see it and worst case scenario is one day down the road we can say - remember that JB show they had here...

I was there last night - there was an insane standby line for the 9pm show - but almost no line for the 10:30 show. I really enjoyed it - the music was great. But I don't think that it lived up to what I was expecting - I think it lacked cohesion and did not give me that emotional Disney magic feeling at the end. I think it is worth seeing but not sure I would waste a FP on it and would definitely been dissapointed if I had spent money on a dining package. I say try for standby in the 10:30 show.

The tree awakening was wonderful.

I did not experience much else as I was stuck in dinoland most of the night (long story) - as an aside that area could really use some re-theming.

I did the dinning package but am with you I really wanted the Flame Tree one rumored about.

We will be there on the 12th too! I'm not watching the video either, want to see and experience it for myself. I didn't/don't have high expectations for this show since they only had about 5 weeks to put it together which is one reason we decided not to do a dining package especially since they didn't include Flame Tree. We will go and see it and worst case scenario is one day down the road we can say - remember that JB show they had here...

Second post should be updated now with reviews from people who were there in person.

I can't find a menu for Nomad Lounge to link, can anyone point me to the page or post number from this thread?
Here's a link to Nomad's menu on DPB:
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...nge-opening-may-27-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

@OhioStateBuckeye ~ thanks for all the updates in the thread! Off to the World in 2 weeks and this thread is wonderful in helping me come up with some sort of plan!!:)

Did you happen to notice if all of the wheelchair seating is at the top, like Fantamic? I will be there Wednesday with my mom who is in a wheelchair and we have fast passes.
All of it is at the top; everything else goes down steps to the front of the water. If she can transfer from the chair, they'll park the chair and give you time and space to get to a bleacher edge (saw it done Friday at least on FP side) but our party couldn't transfer.

This is exactly what I was worried about, and why it did seem to make sense to pause it... Even though that seemed like it was a potential logistical nightmare...
my husband says he didn't notice it after the first few minutes and a friend says the CMs have been told to hold the ride, so it may have been a slip in the first few minutes of the show on Friday. It would certainly explain why there's no FP anytime after 7:30...

Canceled animal kingdom tomorrow. Had the safari late night fast pass and jungle book. Based on the horrid things I've heard and the 5 mins of the show I looked at on YouTube. I'm done with the thought of going.

I took magic kingdom instead

Sitting in the FP+ area for JB. Food is allowed and welcome. Standby and dining seats are nearly full. FP+ area has 2 empty sections (except for a few people). We are sitting on the cement blocks. They are quite toasty; held in today's heat.

Sitting in the FP+ area for JB. Food is allowed and welcome. Standby and dining seats are nearly full. FP+ area has 2 empty sections (except for a few people). We are sitting on the cement blocks. They are quite toasty; held in today's heat.

What time did you get in the FP line? Just trying to figure out if they are lining up before the 8:25 return time.

When the show is over do they exit you the same way you came in? I'm guessing yes.

I know you can order anything from Tiffins and they can bring it to you in the lounge. As for a nomad specific menu I'd look at wdwnt maybe?

Canceled animal kingdom tomorrow. Had the safari late night fast pass and jungle book. Based on the horrid things I've heard and the 5 mins of the show I looked at on YouTube. I'm done with the thought of going.

I took magic kingdom instead
It's just my opinion but it's hard to judge everything off video. Real experiences are better judges. Not every Safari is the same either you might've had a better experience than others.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter