*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

I know I am! :cool1:
Leaving for WDW one week for today! :mickeyjum

Still a little apprehensive about the Contemporary Resort and if the tower will be completed by Sept 30!!!

How about everyone else! Been waiting since I made my resort reservation in May 2020!!!
Same leave a week from today! Also worried about contemporary but very excited for the last 499 days!

I know I am. Leaving for WDW one week for today. Still a little apprehensive about the Contemporary Resort and if the tower will be completed by Sept 30!!!

How about everyone else! Been waiting since I made my resort reservation in May 2020!!!
I tend to go to WDW about once per year, but this particular trip I've been planning for about 6 years. :earsgirl:

Leaving next Sunday for a good length stay. So excited, but really worried too. I always go through an "I shouldn't do this, I should cancel" thing just before every trip... and every time that feeling and all the burdens of the real world ~melt away~ as I'm at the gate to board the airline to Disney. I hope they do this year too.

My son and his GF will meet me down there later in the week. I wish they could come earlier, but maybe this is what I need to bring me out of my shell.

Last edited:
Same leave a week from today! Also worried about contemporary but very excited for the last 499 days!
DH and I also leave a week from today! Split stay at GF and then BLT. I am beyond excited but nervous because this is our first Disney trip without our 2 kids (now in college so they can't come). Keep telling myself that it has been my dream for so long, that it will all work out, no matter what!

I love when the weather forecasts reach into our vacations, but don't go as far as the return date :)

Clipped from https://www.wunderground.com/forecast/us/fl/orlando

On the topic of weather, for the summer and fall months it's best to keep an eye on what's going on in the Atlantic. Right now, there's a few spots of interest, but the models show them mostly looping up and away from land, not sure what's going on with Eighteen there, whether it will head toward land or not. Keeping watch.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

Last edited:
:mickeyjum Note to all :ccat:

I will pause updating the list as of this Friday 9/24, will resume when I'm back from my trip. If you have any changes or additions for me to make, get them in now!

For changes, Remember to quote your prior dates,

For new additions use the formula:
Start date - end date - username - resort or offsite

Let's have fun!

I will pause updating the list as of this Friday 9/24, will resume when I'm back from my trip. If you have any changes or additions for me to make, get them in now!

Let's have fun!

Enjoy your trip!

I know I am! :cool1:
Leaving for WDW one week for today! :mickeyjum

Still a little apprehensive about the Contemporary Resort and if the tower will be completed by Sept 30!!!

Me too. If it's going to be as crazy as it's supposed to be, I'm really hoping to do at least a few rides that don't involve a 4 hour wait in line.

We are so excited after canceling 3 times - twice due to Covid.

Let's have fun!
I respect your commitment after your trip. If it was me, I would have lost all motivation :)

Me too. If it's going to be as crazy as it's supposed to be, I'm really hoping to do at least a few rides that don't involve a 4 hour wait in line.

We are so excited after canceling 3 times - twice due to Covid.
I'm hoping Magical Express is up and running well. Been hearing interesting reports of what Mears is up to now that they think they no longer need to answer to Disney. (They're still under contract but apparently don't think the mouse has any teeth.)

Welp - I logged in a minute too late and missed out on the Fireworks dining at Rose & Crown. Not the end of the world and I'll keep checking just in case. We'd probably be stuffed by 9pm anyway!

Last edited:
I love when the weather forecasts reach into our vacations, but don't go as far as the return date :)
It looks like you'll be rain - free for at least the beginning of the trip. :)
I will pause updating the list as of this Friday 9/24, will resume when I'm back from my trip.
Thanks for maintaining this list. You've done a great job. :)

I ordered a 50th Anniversary MagicBand for our October trip. I don't need a new one, but this one was really pretty. :)

This time next week I will be at the airport getting ready to board!! Aghhhhhh- this is crazy!

Let's have fun!
You did such an amazing job keeping up with everyone! Enjoy your trip!!!!!

Welp - I logged in a minute too late and missed out on the Fireworks dining at Rose & Crown. Not the end of the world and I'll keep checking just in case. We'd probably be stuffed by 9pm anyway!
It was not fun this morning! I booked it at Spice Road for my Nov work trip and then about an hour later I managed to grab one there for 10/3.

How trustworthy are the crowd prediction. Should we expect a larger crowd for Oct 10-14
With both an active pandemic going on combined with a once in a lifetime 50th anniversary....
No one really has a clue. 🤣 The only ones who know are in Disney, the folk who see the reservations made.

I'm going to say it'll be very busy, but not packed like we'd see on christmas. If there are fewer people there than this we can be pleasantly surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter