***Official October 2023 Thread***

You have a similar line up as us. I’ve been watching recent videos on the party/ADRs; cautiously excited.
The kids are going to flip out! I’m only nervous about Ohana as people have reported it being inconsistent, and also nervous about the wait to meet Jack and sally because my kids are obsessed.

The kids are going to flip out! I’m only nervous about Ohana as people have reported it being inconsistent, and also nervous about the wait to meet Jack and sally because my kids are obsessed.
The queue is indoor and AC now. We waited outdoors for almost 2 hours for Jack and Sally back in 2019.

Ohana has been inconsistent but improved vs 2021. Just don’t book an end of the day ADR (food sits under heat lamps vs being brought out hot on skillets; wish they had skewers still but people complained about them being hot; almost burned or touched them etc). The noodles, chicken wings, pot stickers, shrimp and bread pudding are still excellent. The beef was still inedible Dec 2022. Don’t be shy and return it if it’s burnt and hard to cut. You can also ask for the now secret peanut sauce.

They accommodated allergies well and brought out Tofutti ice cream with enjoy life cookies for our son.

Happy dancing over here. I’m now under 30 days to travel time! My mom and I will be staying at The Boardwalk Inn October 2-7, for my birthday that week. It will be my first time at Disney on my actual birthday, so I’m super excited. Our plans so far…

10/2 flight arrives 10 am, check in at BWI, spend some time at the pool then hit Epcot for F&W for dinner and extra evening hours.
10/3 Epcot again for more F&W fun
10/4 Ohana breakfast then MK
10/5 birthday breakfast at Topolino, pool, then MNSSHP
10/6 HS with a lightsaber build at 12:30 and dinner at Roundup Rodeo BBQ at 5
10/7 check out, flight leaves at 11 am

Last edited:
The queue is indoor and AC now. We waited outdoors for almost 2 hours for Jack and Sally back in 2019.

Ohana has been inconsistent but improved vs 2021. Just don’t book an end of the day ADR (food sits under heat lamps vs being brought out hot on skillets; wish they had skewers still but people complained about them being hot; almost burned or touched them etc). The noodles, chicken wings, pot stickers, shrimp and bread pudding are still excellent. The beef was still inedible Dec 2022. Don’t be shy and return it if it’s burnt and hard to cut. You can also ask for the now secret peanut sauce.

They accommodated allergies well and brought out Tofutti ice cream with enjoy life cookies for our son.
All good information, thank you!

We decided to do a relatively spur-of-the-moment trip (ie not planned a year+ in advance like we usually do 😆) - super excited! We‘re just doing a long weekend for Food & Wine and MNSSHP, but our daughter does not know we’re going, or that our good friends who we usually only see once a year are coming with us 😄 We’ll be there 10/13-10/16

We decided to do a relatively spur-of-the-moment trip (ie not planned a year+ in advance like we usually do 😆) - super excited! We‘re just doing a long weekend for Food & Wine and MNSSHP, but our daughter does not know we’re going, or that our good friends who we usually only see once a year are coming with us 😄 We’ll be there 10/13-10/16
How fun with the surprises!

We are also doing a very quick trip on the same weekend! It was rather quick decision with an offhanded comment from my son, since his birthday is 10/16 and the Walt Disney 100th is on the same day, he wanted to go then. It was supposedly a cheap trip (is there such a thing? Yet we keep adding things on. LOL). I'm so used to longer trips that it is stressing me out a bit cramming a bunch of stuff in a short amount of time. We are also doing MNSSHP.

I'm excited that our trip is now officially paid in full! We are just slightly over 1 month away. I'm curious if I will get anything else in the mail now before we go or not.

It was supposedly a cheap trip (is there such a thing? Yet we keep adding things on. LOL).
This sounds very familiar! We ended up deciding to go because we found really cheap flights, and I keep having to remind my husband that we’re trying not to break the bank on this trip 😆 we are budgeting generously for F&W though, because we love trying alllllll the things.

As for the stress of the short trip, I’m trying to remind myself that this is its own very unique thing - we won’t be doing lots of things we normally do on a Disney trip, and that’s OK. It’s going to be its own special experience.

This sounds very familiar! We ended up deciding to go because we found really cheap flights
Too funny! We had flight credits that we had to use by the end of the year which is how I went "hmm...maybe" for his birthday and luck would have it fell on a Monday so he didn't have to miss much school (he is in college but he still doesn't like to miss).

Just found out the Moana attraction is opening *on our Epcot day*. On one hand yaaaaayyyyy!!! On the other hand, do you guys think being in Epcot the day this opens is going to be a nightmare? Would you switch days?

Last edited:
I know the official opening date for Moana is listed as October 16 but do they ever do soft opening type of things a few days ahead of time? Perhaps they wouldn't have it open all day but maybe here and there?

We will be there during that time but the 16th is our HS day and realistically no way we could do both even though we have park hopper with the plans we already have. It's the end of our trip and even though I would love to see it, it's not worth changing any of our plans for.

Oh bummer, I didn't see that the officially opening is the 16th - we'll be there the 14th. I guess I'll hope for a soft opening, and if not we'll just see it next time 🤷‍♀️

That’s weird; I only see 9/17 and 9/25 (other than next day 9/11 & 9/12 availability for Fantasmic dining)

So from what I see, starting 9/19 they are adding a second Fantasmic show on MNSSHP nights, possibly anticipating increasing crowd levels due to sold out parties and Mk closing early (more people park hopping?)

Hoping for a second show on 10/29 and 11/1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter