Official Onsite 2022 Rate Discussion Thread

Seems like the savy traveler rate is comparable to the old AP rates. Someone posted they got RP FOR $230 in September. Guess they want people on property longer and are jacking the rack rate up for shorter stays. Makes sense form a business perspective.

I haven’t seen a rate of $230 for RP yet for September
Two weeks ago I booked my trip but the only discount I could find was the seasonal one at $364 weekdays,
$389 weekends
All are at pre tax price….. ugh

I keep checking as can modify my booking if I can see a drop in deals and price

My current booking is for may 5 nights in a king suite at SF, which if I booked a reg king now would only be $70 cheaper. Will be interested to see what if any AP rate i can get to beat it

My current booking is for may 5 nights in a king suite at SF, which if I booked a reg king now would only be $70 cheaper. Will be interested to see what if any AP rate i can get to beat it

If you see an AP rate, pounce on it!
Hope you get lucky and can score the AP discount !

If you see an AP rate, pounce on it!
Hope you get lucky and can score the AP discount !
I actually hope I can move over to RP if the AP rate is worthwhile - otherwise for $290 a night in a King Suite I will just keep the SF booking.

What is the savvy traveler rate? Is there a required number of nights to get that rate? We're staying 3 nights in June and while I have HRH booked at the seasonal rate as a backup, I REALLY am hoping for an AP rate to come out that brings that down. Or any other discount that I could use. Thanks!

What is the savvy traveler rate? Is there a required number of nights to get that rate? We're staying 3 nights in June and while I have HRH booked at the seasonal rate as a backup, I REALLY am hoping for an AP rate to come out that brings that down. Or any other discount that I could use. Thanks!

Yes, there is a minimum nights involved, which I believe is 3. Also, staying longer results in cheaper daily rates.

Yes, there is a minimum nights involved, which I believe is 3. Also, staying longer results in cheaper daily rates.

Can it be booked through the windsurfers/AP link or do I need to go through the Universal website? And I assume it's only offered sometimes, not automatically after 3 nights?

Can it be booked through the windsurfers/AP link or do I need to go through the Universal website? And I assume it's only offered sometimes, not automatically after 3 nights?

I believe windsurfer is the official link. If the AP rate isn’t available for all nights requested, then the Savvy Traveller rate will typically show if it is available for every night requested. If that isn’t available, then rack rates will show. If a hotel is completely missing from the listing, then the hotel is sold out for at least one of the nights requested.

All it was takes is for one night to be unavailable in the date range to cause the rate check to fail. This is one of the reasons people book a split stay. Unfortunately, Savvy Traveller can’t be applied to the combined stay length of a split stay.

Since Covid, it seems that there is a very high demand for onsite Universal hotels, resulting in very limited availability of both AP rates, Savvy Traveller rates, and rack rates, especially on the weekends.

Any idea when I will be able to see the AP rates for September at RPR? Should I go ahead and book and if the AP rate comes out, can I change it online to the other rate?

In past years, I have found ap rates released at the 3 months out period
A lot depends on what dates you have for your trip

the only discount I have found for my September stay is the seasonal rate for this year
I booked my stay with for 3 rd week of September a start

it’s not the best discount, but better than rack rate

Last year did September stay into October, my preferred room rate was close to $200 a night
(That was how it averaged out for a 10 night stay at RP)

This year SMSM (seasonal) rates are high
$364 weekdays, $389 weekends plus taxes …
My seasonal rate is not a deal but always a chance rate as will change this far out

Now if rates do not drop, I live with it
Money has never stopped me from attending HHN

Savvey traveler was not available when I booked my room
I keep an eye out for new rate info and would adjust my rate if possible.

Princess Jasmine… book your room if you can live with the rate
There will be many changes between now and September on room rates.

I booked early as my room is already booked
Still checking flights

I always thought the Seasonal rate was the rack rate. I guess I just assumed that because it was so high. I guess it could be worse!

Not really a rate update, but it looks like the February promotion is no longer listed as the promo. It's been switched to the current dates (till April 7th)

Not really a rate update, but it looks like the February promotion is no longer listed as the promo. It's been switched to the current dates (till April 7th)
I saw that and I called the number at Loews to ask about it today

I was told some changes will be happening

I did my room booking last month but my stay is not until September
No promotions are out for my dates yet
I booked in January for my sept stay but the prices were high
Already booked for the fall for my room but if prices drop in September, I’ll have my rate modified if room quotas don’t fill up the rooms

did have to do that one year

I usually book my hotel Room at 3 months out
This year I secured my room reservation much earlier
Hopefully room rates will have a wider range of rooms available in the fall

time will tell

I always thought the Seasonal rate was the rack rate. I guess I just assumed that because it was so high. I guess it could be worse!
Same:confused3

i thought in $ ascending order:

*seasonal (i.e. rack)
*savvy traveler (which replaced the old SMSM rate Classification)
*Limited, potential promo rates that are specific to property/dates (email or website offerings)
*APH

JMHO so many of us do have seasonal trips that are etched in stone every year.

If the other rates are going the way of the dinosaurs, had mused I’d love to see Loews consider offering a discounted, Non-Refundable or modification ability option as their ‘best rate’. :scratchin Not necessarily the sort where you prepay the entire trip tho…forfeit of the initial deposit type.

that said, I’m finding the rates so outlandish for normal trip on weekend dates surrounding 4th of July, seriously considering that portion of our split trip at the beach.:rolleyes1

So I'm 95 days out. Tips on stalking for AP rates? I've never done this before for universal. I do just randomly check a couple times a week, but I feel like that isn't enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter