Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is staying Club level - bypass Disney dining and go straight to them. Took my 5 minutes (no holding at all, they answered on the first ring). Longest part was me rushing back to find my confirmation # because I was multitasking while I thought I would be waiting on the phone!)

Sat May 23 at 5:05!!

(She seemed to know what I was talking about right away - also she made sure to stay on the line until I could see it in MDE).

I called around 7:30 central. I asked for the "Star Wars Lounge, Rebel Lounge, Rebel Hangar, whatever it is being called in your system at Backlot Express". She knew exactly what I wanted and said it was extremely popular this morning. She went through my resort ressie to book it. At that time, only 5:05 was available for May 17th. So glad we got it! Poor ODS, I was shoving him out the door, on hold the ride to school drop off, but he was ok with the hustle when I said it was for a special SWW thing. :cool1:

Couldn't get it for the 16th or 17th but was able to book for the 15th for my party of 7. Wasn't planning on hitting DHS on day 1 but oh, well. We'll make it work. The only question I have is did anyone else get the information that it was for 21 and over? That was included in my cm's finalizing the adr with me along with the cancellation info. I hadn't heard that before. Is that true??? Because my party of 7 includes minors.
My CM specifically asked for the kids' ages. She said 21 and over to drink, kids just need to be with an adult to enter.
:dogdance:
we'll be lounging with other rebel scum on 5/17 5:05 pm
:thanks:wise ones

now, what exactly did I book?:duck:
Ha! This is our exact time, too. See you there! :wave:

RHF54354612-600x400.jpg

RHF54354613-600x400.jpg

RHF54354618-600x385.jpg

dwcaw-600x383.jpg

RHF54354615-600x409.jpg

RHF54354611-600x400.jpg

RHF54354616-310x465.jpg

RHF54354617-600x400.jpg

RHF543546141-600x400.jpg

RHF54354610-600x400.jpg

This thread is going faster than I can keep up with it, so sorry if this is repeat info, but the reservation (for now) is showing up in MDE App as "Backlot Express," but if you go to the MDE website, it shows up as this: (sorry, no time to post screen shot, here's a cut and paste):

Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience at Disney's Hollywood Studios
Confirmation Number: XXXXXXX

Date: Friday, May 29, 2015
Time: 5:00 PM
Guests: 2 Adults, 2 Children

Location: Backlot Express Lounge - Echo Lake - Disney's Hollywood Studios®

What time would we need to be at the Ewok show on 5/23 with the DP FtF? Trying to figure out how much time we'd have at the Rebel Hangar with the 4:10 ADR we got (only option, will try for later again).

I got 5/15 at 4:10. She tried a 5:10 one but it kept erroring.

I had been trying for 7:45 but the more I think about, the more concerned I am that it'll get backed up by then. So I'm going to revamp my plans and see what things look like before trying to change it. Not sure we'll be hungry at 4:00 but it's not the worst thing in the world.

you'll make it.

Is SoTS approx. 1/2 hour? We're 1st weekend, I have in notes pre show 3:15/then show @ 3:30 pm.

needed to switch FP+ around to accommodate 5:05 pm in rebel hangar...

have ToT window now for 3:45 pm to 4:45 pm, will that work?

I asked for rebel hanger star wars experience they lady I talked to knew exactly what I was talking about.

Managed to get a reservation for Rebel Hanger for 6 on 5/15 at 6:50pm. Now I am worried its too close to the dessert party.

Anyone know what time the dessert party checkin is and when they start serving the desserts?

4th time and I got a new CM:headache: I told her 2 adults and when trying to book she asked me ages of the children in the party...not a good sign and of course she said no availability. Calling DVC member services now to see if they can help.

I'm on hold for a supervisor now; there's no availability for a party of TWO on May 31? Really? I had, of course, called at 7:20 and was told when they picked up about 15 minutes later that it was walk-up only, which of course it wasn't. She even cited an "email" they had "just received". I hope I manage to get this; we'll have fun without it but it would be awesome to get to enjoy this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter