***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

I love Toy Story and understand this land is more for younger kids but I feel like there is no innovation here at all. Slinky Dog is no SDMT. Seems like it will be a longer Barnstromer. Doesn’t feel like they tried to do anything new here.

Most of the other Toy Story Lands are just off the shelf carnival rides that are rethemed with TS characters. This will be a step above that but SDD will be a launch coaster with two launch points. I do not know too many family coasters setup like that.

This land was never going to be about how innovative they can get. It was about adding rides that families can enjoy with an alternative to SW:GE.

Most of the other Toy Story Lands are just off the shelf carnival rides that are rethemed with TS characters. This will be a step above that but SDD will be a launch coaster with two launch points. I do not know too many family coasters setup like that.

This land was never going to be about how innovative they can get. It was about adding rides that families can enjoy with an alternative to SW:GE.

And, it will light up the eyes of my 4YO granddaughter! That's all I care about.

Call me crazy but I think I'm going to book a room/flight for May 17 to 20, Just as a placeholder. I'm afraid they will announce preview dates last minute and everything will either be sold out or too expensive. Yes, I have lost my mind.::yes::
My trip is May 21st - May 26th, but I'm keeping an eye out for anything within a week before or after that. I'm more than willing to add to my trip for an AP preview!

Call me crazy but I think I'm going to book a room/flight for May 17 to 20, Just as a placeholder. I'm afraid they will announce preview dates last minute and everything will either be sold out or too expensive. Yes, I have lost my mind.::yes::
This is really close to the timeframe I was thinking too! I didn't have my AP yet when Pandora opened but was there in late Apr for the SWDS races and I remember everyone scrambling right around that time for a (mid-week?) May preview. The dates you mentioned are outside the current AP discounts, right? My problem with early reservations is that I'm convincing myself I *need* to rent DVC points and have an amazing room to split :rotfl2: probably because I literally just returned from a week in an AoA family suite with DH & 5 kids, so a room NOT like that sounds amazing.

This is really close to the timeframe I was thinking too! I didn't have my AP yet when Pandora opened but was there in late Apr for the SWDS races and I remember everyone scrambling right around that time for a (mid-week?) May preview. The dates you mentioned are outside the current AP discounts, right? My problem with early reservations is that I'm convincing myself I *need* to rent DVC points and have an amazing room to split :rotfl2: probably because I literally just returned from a week in an AoA family suite with DH & 5 kids, so a room NOT like that sounds amazing.

Last year's AP preview was May 13th to the 22nd. Reservations were released March 24th. This is a completely different land, so it could be stupid to base it off of last year's dates.

last time I checked (Friday), AP discounts weren't out for May yet. Fingers crossed they get released soon. LOL I know what you mean, we were at AKL a month ago and I have no desire for a value room. Unfortunately, this will most likely be a short solo trip so values is the way to go

Last year's AP preview was May 13th to the 22nd. Reservations were released March 24th. This is a completely different land, so it could be stupid to base it off of last year's dates.

last time I checked (Friday), AP discounts weren't out for May yet. Fingers crossed they get released soon. LOL I know what you mean, we were at AKL a month ago and I have no desire for a value room. Unfortunately, this will most likely be a short solo trip so values is the way to go

haha pretty much I always stay value, but I feel like if I'm doing a preview, possibly a KTTK tour, and some Trader Sam's-ing...I can also have a relaxing room. So, next up, win the lottery.

I was trying to remember how long / what part of the week the preview was for Pandora, because obviously the midweek room prices are lower, and I'm obscenely lucky that DH doesn't care if I bail midweek vs weekends only. haha

haha pretty much I always stay value, but I feel like if I'm doing a preview, possibly a KTTK tour, and some Trader Sam's-ing...I can also have a relaxing room. So, next up, win the lottery.

I was trying to remember how long / what part of the week the preview was for Pandora, because obviously the midweek room prices are lower, and I'm obscenely lucky that DH doesn't care if I bail midweek vs weekends only. haha

Same, we also stay value. Good luck on winning the lottery lol.
I looked it up, says may 13th to 22nd in 2 hour blocks.

Same, we also stay value. Good luck on winning the lottery lol.
I looked it up, says may 13th to 22nd in 2 hour blocks.

bahaha right?! Thanks for looking it up. I had that thought later, like, I should be just checking; we all know it's on here :rotfl:

Not that it means anything relative to the TSL opening, but below is the sequence of events for the Pandora pre-opening.

Animal Kingdom CMs only, were the first to preview Pandora followed by all WDW CMs on 5/5 through 5/12. AP holders & DVC members were next beginning on 5/13 through 5/22. They shared those days. IIRC, there were three 2 hour sessions.

The Press event took place during 5/23 & 5/25 with the dedication being held on the 24th. There were random soft opening opportunities between the 24th and 26th. It officially opened on the 27th.

Except for FoP being down so much, crowd control went very well. There were many, many disappointed and angry AP holders and DVC members. If you're either an AP holder or DVC member, check your email often for a notice and respond immediately if not sooner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter