Official WDW Marathon Weekend 2013 Thread-Part 2

CRUIZEN MAMMA said:
I've heard this a great race- one of the largest 15Ks- was going to do this but I have tickets to see Wicked at the Bob Carr in Orlando for the same day.

It is a great race, it is the US championships so it is the largest 15K in the US. It has a great expo, a fun kids 1 mile run, beer, lots of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It is a great race, it is the US championships so it is the largest 15K in the US. It has a great expo, a fun kids 1 mile run, beer, lots of fun!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Will be my first go around. I started running years ago just so I could run the race. Some how, I have always been sick or injured every year.

So far so good.

I am feeling the post race let down now. I need to find a new goal race. I could say its only January and I did my goal race. :)

I wish Disney was in my future but the finances aren't there for a few more years.

Has anyone seen/heard from Coach?

Hi guys, lurker here. I just wanted to thank you for all of your (unknown) help.

I ran Goofy for the first time this year, and the Full was my first Marathon. To say I was nervous was an understatement but I really appreciated all of the tips and tricks you all shared. It was nice to know I wasn't alone! Running the marathon was an awesome experience. I'm not sure if I'll do another, though I have to admit, the temptation to try again to see how I do without a Half the day before and in lower temperatures is definitely there. Just not sure if I want to go through all the training again quite yet.

I also had a question. I am seriously kicking myself for not buying a short-sleeved marathon tech tee now. I guess I didn't want to jinx myself. Anyhow, I'm stalking ebay like crazy but also wanted to find out if you know if World of Disney was willing to ship things? I called their number today but it said they were closed (which was odd), but I'll try again tomorrow. But I figured you guys may be more seasoned than me at this stuff. :) I'm in Pennsylvania so it would be hard for me to get down there anytime soon to buy one in person.

Yeah WWoS isn't super easy to get ahold of. Alternately, you can try emailing them...
Something you can also do is google the numbers for Character Warehouse - the outlet that gets all the Disney leftovers. They had some Marathon Weekend stuff in stock last year when we were down there for the Princess, so they should be getting stuff fairly soon. They will ship.

Team Mickey at Downtown Disney has some race stuff leftover - but not much. I was able to get a Donald 1/2 marathon keychain (looks similar to the medal) and a Goofy "I did it!" shirt.

I am feeling the post race let down now. I need to find a new goal race. I could say its only January and I did my goal race. :)

I wish Disney was in my future but the finances aren't there for a few more years.

Has anyone seen/heard from Coach?

Been wondering that myself! Hope he's ok! He wasn't heading off on a cruise after the race, was he? I did have the pleasure of finally meeting him in person the morning of the half.

Anyone know where I can get the "pumped up" Disney classics they were playing before/during the races? I asked at several stores but the cast members were less than helpful...

TIA

Anyone know where I can get the "pumped up" Disney classics they were playing before/during the races? I asked at several stores but the cast members were less than helpful...

TIA

I got these ones on itunes:

Aly & AJ -Zip a dee doo dah
Emily Osment -Once Upon a Dream
Disney Channel Stars -A dream is a wish your heart makes
Jump 5 -Beauty and the Beast

I'm still working on my race reports, but I wanted to preview them by letting everyone know that Goofy definitely approves of Drinking Around the World! :thumbsup2

IMG_0533.JPG

TIA

There is a more upbeat version of Go the Distance on itunes under the Mousersize CD!

Here is the link to my spreadsheet for the results.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9pFIfVcun1QS05LS29SV3dnZ0U/edit

I had to actually go in to each division and download one at a time. I have gone in and cleaned up the city, state, country as much as possible.

I added a couple of pivot tables of the data to get you started.
The half tab will have everyone who did the half and a time in the "Full Time" if they did Goofy. The same thing for the full tab if they did the half as well.

I think it's a 11mb or so file.

We didn't do DATW, but we did have some beer at the Biergarten after the race. I'm not sure if Goofy would approve, but I sure did!!

BigBeer_zps7591bdc6.jpg

There is a more upbeat version of Go the Distance on itunes under the Mousersize CD!

Thanks! I'm going to get that.

No DATW here...but family had Chef Mickey's Sunday night!

A group of us from Donald's Defiant Dashers were at Chef Mickey's Sunday night too! We got lots of pics with our assorted medals with the characters. Your pic is great! :)

Love all the photos!! Congrats again, everyone!

I stayed at WDW for several days after the race and wore my medal every day. Such a great time! Unfortunately, I came down with the flu (which may have started somewhere at Disney, but really kicked in when I got home)... probably due to overdoing it. Even though I did indeed get a flu shot. AND already had the flu back in October. Talk about post-race letdown!!

We didn't get to stay with the DATW group (kids pace) so we just did the responsible adult thing and dragged the kids with us. We got drinks and the kids got treats from each country. My sister even left them behind in France when we had already moved on to Morocco. Thank goodness they're teens and they have cell phones. All in all, DATW Monday was a great day.

P1010656_zps132f79b0.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter