Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

I, too, gave up on race outfits for this event, but that's okay, since I'm running both the 10K and HM by myself. If I had a buddy, then I'd for sure want to theme it up, but I'm okay with just wearing what I normally wear when I go running at home.

I'm also about 95% packed. All that's really left are toiletries, purse stuff, and what I'll wear for the races. Everything else is ready to go! We don't fly out until Friday next week, which feels like an eterrrrrrrnity away!

I am not packed at all! I will be doing laundry this weekend and setting everything aside. Hopefully. Lol

But I'm getting SO excited. I waited til the very last minute to know if this trip was a go so now I can officially get excited and plan something other than pre-race dinner.

Thanks for the reminder I need to get the uber or lyft app or somehow get myself to the hotel!

Does anyone know the best way for a spectator to get from the wilderness lodge to the finish line area around 8am the morning of the half not using uber or lyft? Is it the regular Epcot park bus? How early do those run? Or is it a rundisney bus? How well marked is the way to the family reunion area from where a person would get to Epcot? My DM is not used to getting around disney herself!

I am not packed at all! I will be doing laundry this weekend and setting everything aside. Hopefully. Lol

But I'm getting SO excited. I waited til the very last minute to know if this trip was a go so now I can officially get excited and plan something other than pre-race dinner.

Thanks for the reminder I need to get the uber or lyft app or somehow get myself to the hotel!

Does anyone know the best way for a spectator to get from the wilderness lodge to the finish line area around 8am the morning of the half not using uber or lyft? Is it the regular Epcot park bus? How early do those run? Or is it a rundisney bus? How well marked is the way to the family reunion area from where a person would get to Epcot? My DM is not used to getting around disney herself!
RunDisney event bus 6:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Buses running from Host Resorts to Finish Line at Epcot®

Just follow the people really, it's not too hard I don't think to find the family reunion area, but then I can't remember being a first timer anymore. It's outside gear bag pickup, so just print the map off in the event guide http://rodale-usa.instantmagazine.com/rundisney/dwwdhm17eventguide#!/wine-dine-half
& they can have that with them. Also if they ask anyone for help they will guide them I'm sure & it will be easier & quicker if they take the RunDisney bus versus regular EPCOT bus.

Beer is required in all situations. At rock N roll DC the Frats were handing at "Champagne of Champions"! Miller High Life, Right? Nope, also known as 151 Rum, I nearly tossed my cookies in the street. Then had that taste in my mouth for a mile and a half until the next water stop!
So I'm considering doing the beer thing but trying to figure out the details since it will just be me. Has anyone actually seen folks handing out beer at a runDisney event (don't want to get in trouble)? And if I do it, should I have beer poured in a cup or cans or what? This takes some planning.

I'm willing to do bottled water/beer/bubbles deliveries to resorts if y'all need it.

I have a Tahoe and both a Sam's AND Costco membership (also, 24-packs of water are like $2 at Publix right now, so ...) AND A LOT OF FREE TIME.

Also, if anyone likes Honey Stinger Waffles - I told my Dad I needed like three, and instead he ordered like 300. So, I'll be your Waffle Dealer if you need them.

*waves hello* first post - I've been on the forums before, mostly lurking for info on yummy snacks and Starbucks info (thanks everyone!) and finally signed up for my own account!
Sister is running the HM and we leave on Halloween. 3 adults, no kids. My 3rd WDW trip!
No packing yet, but we've had 2 small boxes (one upstairs, one downstairs) of 'things/snacks to bring for our trip'. I know the disposable ponchos were the first items to go in!
Sister's post-party ticket arrived today 10/27 in Cali (in case anyone else on the West Coast is still waiting).
I'm so excited! So much to do before we leave!

*waves hello* first post - I've been on the forums before, mostly lurking for info on yummy snacks and Starbucks info (thanks everyone!) and finally signed up for my own account!
Sister is running the HM and we leave on Halloween. 3 adults, no kids. My 3rd WDW trip!
No packing yet, but we've had 2 small boxes (one upstairs, one downstairs) of 'things/snacks to bring for our trip'. I know the disposable ponchos were the first items to go in!
Sister's post-party ticket arrived today 10/27 in Cali (in case anyone else on the West Coast is still waiting).
I'm so excited! So much to do before we leave!

Welcome to the sickness. err... group :)

I'm willing to do bottled water/beer/bubbles deliveries to resorts if y'all need it.

I have a Tahoe and both a Sam's AND Costco membership (also, 24-packs of water are like $2 at Publix right now, so ...) AND A LOT OF FREE TIME.

Also, if anyone likes Honey Stinger Waffles - I told my Dad I needed like three, and instead he ordered like 300. So, I'll be your Waffle Dealer if you need them.

That's unbelievably kind. Might hit you up on that offer.

This is very kind of you @Keels!

Yes, if we meet for the Expo, I’d really appreciate water bottles and a half gallon of lactaid milk (the special diet answer I got does not reassure that I’ll be able to find some). And to encourage your dad, I’ll take a few waffles (like three). I would also be happy to help you with the shopping or deliveries on Thursday. See your PM.
:thanks:

Last workout with my trainer today before I leave. I originally hired my trainer to do strength training to get me from 0 miles to 10k. Now I'm training for the Princess 1/2 and way past my goal of 10k. Also down 30lbs. A little Disney motivation to get my health in check never hurts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter