• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

I have an AP but now that tickets will be up tomorow trying to decide if we should get tickets for the other runners or not. If it's canceled they don't want to go
Tickets never lose their value you paid for so if you don’t use them you can put them towards any future trip.

It’s a real dilemma-I don’t want to buy tickets until I know for sure that the race is on, but I don’t want to be locked out of park reservations either. 🤔

It’s a real dilemma-I don’t want to buy tickets until I know for sure that the race is on, but I don’t want to be locked out of park reservations either. 🤔

I'm in a similar spot. I have a room, but no tickets, so I'm hoping they'll let me adjust or rebook as a package, which offers a little more flexibility.

Yup.... it’s deciding between the risk of racing without park tickets or getting Park tickets without a race

Tickets never lose value so if you do buy you can apply them to a future trip.

We also emailed runDisney and got the GC offer. We originally paid with GCs so the method of refund is not the issue. It just doesn't include the processing fees, as noted, and there are two of us registered for the 5k + challenge so those fees aren't nothing. I don't think we're comfortable running, but for now we're holding off to see if the race is cancelled. Hopefully this refund option will be available for a while even if the race goes on.

Yeah, I know. But I just don’t want to “tie up” that money right now. With my luck, I’ll buy a ticket and then Disney will cancel the race the next day.😆

I ended up switching to a package, so I can make a better decision up to 30 days out. My park reservation entry times for the days after the race aren't particularly great, but there aren't park hours online yet (that I can find), so I'm not sure what's up.

I ended up switching to a package, so I can make a better decision up to 30 days out. My park reservation entry times for the days after the race aren't particularly great, but there aren't park hours online yet (that I can find), so I'm not sure what's up.

Is there hourly reservation availability that we can't see from the calendar?

True they don't lose value, but are logistically hard to apply to future trips. Since Disney went to theme park specific and dated tickets or even the flex ones, it really requires an in-person trip to Guest Services to apply the value. It really can't be handled on MDE, or even over the phone. So you won't be able to link the ticket and make reservations.

This has happened to me-most recently this year trying to redeem an older ticket.

True they don't lose value, but are logistically hard to apply to future trips. Since Disney went to theme park specific and dated tickets or even the flex ones, it really requires an in-person trip to Guest Services to apply the value. It really can't be handled on MDE, or even over the phone. So you won't be able to link the ticket and make reservations.

This has happened to me-most recently this year trying to redeem an older ticket.
I would hope they allow this to work better over the phone considering how many trips have been moved or canceled this year.

I've decided to bag on this year's WD. I'm at risk and there's just too much uncertainty in Florida that I don't expect to be resolved by November. I'm hoping to be able to do Rival Run in the Spring and maybe WD in the Fall with a full Food and Wine. I wish everybody in this group the best of luck for a fun and healthy race.

Last edited:
I've decided to bag on this year's WD. I'm at risk and there's just too much uncertainty in Florida that I don't expect to be resolved by November. I'm hoping to be able to do Rival Run in the Spring and maybe WD in the Fall with a full Wine and Dine. I wish everybody in this group the best of luck for a fun and healthy race.

We've decided the same. We're registered for Marathon weekend in January, so if everything turns out fine by November that's great for those running and we'll only have to wait a couple more months for our turn. It stinks especially with the theming, but we're just not comfortable with it and that's all that really matters.

I asked runDisney for a refund for me and my husband's Wine and Dine race registration this year and they immediately offered us a Disney gift card for $416. I am appreciative of it since I know a lot of races, understandably, can't afford to offer refunds in any capacity. We'd be traveling from across the country, and we just didn't feel the time and money would be worth the potential stress.

On the plus side, now we HAVE to go back sometime in the future!! (Or our nieces and nephews are getting Disney-themed gifts for Christmas for the next eight years!) Hopefully us withdrawing will give a couple of you some extra space to social distance on the course!! Have fun everyone!

I had the same conversation with them, when I declined (politely) the gift vouchers they came straight back with a cash refund offer.

I just tried using the Contact Us link on rundisney.com to ask for a refund, and they came back with a hard NO. Suggestions on where to go next?

I just tried using the Contact Us link on rundisney.com to ask for a refund, and they came back with a hard NO. Suggestions on where to go next?
Strange, I would try again. Unless they are working on some sort of mass cancellation/announcement.

Strange, I would try again. Unless they are working on some sort of mass cancellation/announcement.

Thanks. My first email was very, "hey hey guys! puppies and rainbows! super friendly Doug here! Would you, could you, maybe help me out here?"

I just followed up with another email, spelling it out a bit more plainly: "I do not feel safe being 4 states away from my children during a pandemic."

We'll see how it goes. Maybe I should have waited, because on Monday they'll refund without holding back the extra fees?? I was just a little taken aback by the stern wording in their reply. *shrug*

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter