"Ohana means Family"! Our First Vacation at Disney overcoming 2009!

Princess_Nikki

DIS Veteran
Hi I'm Nikki! A rather newbie here, and I decided to start a trip report for my family. We are a small family now, me, DH, DS3, and DS7m. Although I took the boys to Mickey's-Not-So-Scary Party in October of '09, this will be our first attempt at a real family vacation. Literally our FIRST one as a family!!!

DH and I married on 07-07-07, "Lucky in Love"! We wanted to get married at WDW badly, but due to family traveling and other such things, we ended up getting married in an awesome beach wedding and having our Honeymoon at Disney instead! It was amazing!! :lovestruc

Since I can remember having a memory of anything, I've always been a huge Disney fan. My DREAM was to be cast as a "Look-Alike Character". :) I also have been dreams of being a Disney Artist. We currently are looking into moving to Orlando.

It's been a very rough year for us in 2009! We had our second baby, DS7m, in May, which was an incredible blessing, but his birth was traumatic and he ended up in the NICU for 10 days. I am extremely grateful he is still here with us. We started a business in 2009, too, and along with that comes...stress!! So, this family vacation is just what we need to start 2010!!

Hoping all goes according to plan we will be off for our vacation Feb 7th-Feb 11th. Being Florida residents, we were able to get a great deal on our room so we booked the All Star Sports Resort. I know most have moved on from the value resorts, and this resort would be of lesser interest, but I hope to make our report interesting for everyone. DS3 LOVES sports and anything to do with balls. Most toddlers sleep with stuffed animals, or a lovey. Not our DS3!! He sleeps with about 7 balls of all shapes and sizes! :rotfl:

Here is my family, and I hope you all will enjoy our pre-trip and full trip report! :banana:

07-07-07
WeddingPictures014.jpg

DS3
TaeBuzz.jpg

DS7m
FamilyPicsOctoberNovember2009099.jpg

TIA, Nikki

Hi Nikki! I am planning our families first WDW trip also! My DS3 was also Buzz Lightyear this year for halloween - had the same costume! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!
Karen

Thank you for the nice compliments on our family!! :)

A few days after starting this thread, my DH and I were discussing our future plans. Our business deal in Alabama didn't work out as expected and so we need to change something. I had mentioned my dream of working at Disney, and I had heard sometimes they don't hire very often. I applied at the spa resorts at WDW in hopes I might hear from them a few months from now. The following Monday, I received a call back!!

Luckily, I have a cousin that lives in Longwood, FL, so I packed up me and the boys and headed to her house. My interview was on January 5th, which went really well. I also had a second interview for a massage therapy position. Since I'm also licensed as a nail technician, they are setting me up for an interview to do that as well.

So, I'm still waiting to hear about that position, and I hope I get the job!! If I do get it, I will be working at Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa.

I ask you all to please send me good well wishes and keep me and my family in your prayers!!! :worship:

I'll be sure to update my thread with the news. :)

Signing up!
Congratulations on your beautiful family! I think your idea for a Disney trip to overcome a rough year is just perrrrfect. ;)

Wishing you get your dream job at Disney. I guess all of us here have thought about working at Disney at least once in our lives. :)

Q

Well, I'm really just feeling stuck right now.

I waited and waited for the nail tech interview, and finally received a call back. The day I was able to do my interview was this past Monday and I was excited to go!! Then they call back...again. Couldn't do it Monday because it was a holiday and they were already booked. :sad1:
They were not able to schedule my second interview while I was in town due to conflicting schedules and I was so frustrated. I had my boys with me, since my husband was working too much to keep them home, so I was at the mercy of my cousin's schedule who lives north of Orlando. I came home, so sad, with plans of going back down as soon as I can. I couldn't stay this entire week so now I need to plan another trip back down to Orlando. We live in Fort Walton Beach. It's about 7 hours away!

When I talked to the spa when I came home they assured me they would be hiring again in February and didn't need to fulfill the job I applied for right away. I'm hoping it will still be available in about a week or two when I go back down again. ~sigh~

So, I've pretty much decided what's meant to be will be. It will all work out the way it is meant to work out. I also applied at the Disney Casting Center hoping to get an interview there as well.

It would be a huge dream to work at Disney!

Since all of this interviewing for jobs came about, now our vacation plans are in limbo. :confused3 I'm keeping the reservation for the room for now, (hello! $50 a night for a Disney resort!!) in case we end up going down the same time. I figure we could even look for jobs while vacationing!! :rotfl:

TIA for all the pixie dust and prayers!:lovestruc

Not sure how do I fuse the two threads together, but I'm going to start my trip report by posting a new thread. Guess I can put the link to this thread on that one? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter